The Doll House

I was walking around the house when I saw Naru. I ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Yes?" He asked as he turned around to look at me. 'where is Ayime?' I signed. He watched carefully then spoke. "In the dining room" I nodded my head in thanks and turned to leave but was stopped as he asked me a question. "Are you able to see spirits as well?" I turned and signed

'Why do you ask?'

"When you first walked into the house you seemed to be very vulnerable. And when you first came in contact with the Minni you fainted"

I shrugged innocently and he stared intently.

'Why do you care?'

I signed curious to why he was so interested.

"We need to make sure everyone is safe. Ms. Hara isn't feeling well so we must stay careful"

I shrugged and turned to leave. I walked down the hallway and toward base where John was standing looking over the shoulder of Lyn who was typing on a computer. John smiled at me and walked up to me.

"Hey Emmy. That was some real cool tricks you did. Where'd you learn them? ' He said sweetly. I signed to him,

'My mother taught me'

He smiled

"She must be very talented"

I nodded in agreement. I honestly don't know where my parents are. They could be alive but that could also be dead. And it would be all my fault. My mother was an angel and my father was a demon so I would find it hard for either of them to be dead but the possibility was still there.

"That's a very interesting necklace you have there"

Said John as he studied it.

"I've never seen one like it. It's a cross but what's in the middle?"

I took a deep breath before I signed,

'a pentagram'

He stumbled back a bit

"How is that possible?"

I shrugged even though I knew entirely well how it was possible. He went wide eyed and pulled out his gold cross. He put it on the top of my hand. It burned. I hissed and quickly flicked the cross away. I am part angel but when a cross riches me it still hurts. When a demon is touched by anything that resembles the trinity (the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit) it hurts the demon. As for angels it's the other way around. Since I'm both, both sides' weaknesses hurt me. John stood shocked. I quickly pulled him into a separate room. I covered his mouth and stared at him with a blank face. My eyes went to their demon form and then to their angel form which is bright blue with white specks and then back to their normal black with gray. His eyes widened and he looked terrified. I let him go and fell to the ground. I shook violently and started to tear up. He wrapped his arms around me and helped me stand up.

"I promise I won't say a thing. But can I ask you a few questions?" I wiped my eyes and nodded to show him it's fine.

"What are you?"

I signed,

'Half demon half angel. Or, an Angem'

"Are your parents both Angems?"

'My mom was an angel and my dad was a demon'

"Do you have a different form?"

'I have wings'

"And I'm going to say that they can come out when you need them right?"

I nodded

"Do you have any powers?"

'I can control the 4 elements and spirits'

"And 1 final question. Do you like Naru?"

He said with a smug innocent smile. I blushed and punched his arm. He laughed and we walked back into base where everyone was there now. Mai smiled as she saw me and Ayiko did too. I smiled back and quickly signed to Mai that John knew. She nodded in understanding and I looked at Naru who was holding something. Minni. I immediately got scared at the sight of the doll. I have always been scared of dolls. I quickly hid behind John and closed my eyes.

'Damn doll'

"Heh it's alright. Your safe with us" he said and I slowly came out from behind him. Naru stared at me in worry for a second but immediately went back to his cold expression. Masako came up to me and did the most strangest thing. She hugged me. "It's alright you don't need to be frightened. I'm very sorry for my behavior and hope you will forgive me" she said as if I was her queen. I smiled and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled back and we both looked back at Naru.

"Let us begin our experiment" he said and went and placed Minni on a bed with cameras looking at her. We all watched the cameras.

'Now we wait'

I thought