request: @presliii

You sit in the backseat of the car, watching neon streetlights blur past outside the window. Jake and Sam are in the front and Corey is in the back on the other side. Colby sits in between you and Corey.
     Somehow, you had let them convince you to come along to one of the abandoned places around the city. You had thought of every reason not to go and you wish that you could just go back home.
     You lean against the car door, not saying a word. You don't want to be here.
     Colby notices that you're really quiet and distant. He taps your arm, making you turn towards him.
     "What's wrong?"
     "Nothing. I'm alright."
     "Are you sure?"
     You nod and go back to looking out the window. He rests his hand on your thigh but you hardly notice it.
     "There were some suicides that happened at this building a long time ago and I guess that's why it's haunted."
      "What!?"
     "Yeah. That's what I heard anyway. A lot of people have seen paranormal activity here."
     Hearing Sam say those words instantly makes you nervous because you know that they brought the ouija board.
     You take a deep breath and turn back to the window. You were instantly filled with a rising fear. You told yourself you would never use an ouija board after that first time.
     It had been years ago but you could never forget it. It was the night you lost your mom. You had brought out an ouija board that you had gotten as a gift and with tears in your eyes, you set it up and forced yourself to play to try to find her. The things that happened that night were some that would stick with you forever. You shiver while remembering it.
     Soon, you arrive at the building. It's out in the open, with no coverage whatsoever. The grass is overgrown and hasn't been cut in a while. The building itself is made of concrete that's been sprayed over with graffiti too many times. Strings of ivy crawl up the walls and along the shattered windowsills.
     The boys get the ouija board and the camera and start filming on the way into the place.
     You walk a few paces behind Colby, already feeling like you need to be on high alert.
     They get to a corner of the little building where everyone can sit and Jake lights the candles. The finish setting up the board and put the camera on the tripod. 
     Colby sits against the wall and you slide down next to him. You decide that the only way to get out of this was to just watch and not play.
     They start it up and soon enough, they get something. It spells out a few letters, but nothing that makes sense. Sam asks some questions and they get a couple basic answers when suddenly the planchet slides to goodbye. It was as if something pushed the other one away.
     You try to calm your heartbeat by taking deep breaths but it doesn't work. You feel a little bit lightheaded and the fear is becoming painfully familiar.
Out of the corner of your eye, you see a small white thing slip into the doorway and back out before you can see it. You feel like something's watching you.
You stare at the open doorway, searching for the white thing.
Minutes later, you see a sleek white cat poke its head through the doorway. It looks directly at you and silently slips into the room. Moonbeams seeping through cracks in the ceiling fall over the cat's face and make it seem to have glowing eyes. One is blue, the other one is a pale grey-brown.
It watches you from the doorway, flicking its tail every little while. You try to pretend it's not there but something about it doesn't seem quite right.
You scoot closer to Colby, who is focused on the board.
The planchet slides around a little bit and it spells out Y/N.
You slide right up against Colby and grab his arm. Everyone sitting around the board is now looking at you nervously.
"If one of you is messing around with me now's a good time to stop."
They all shake their heads.
It starts moving again and this time spells out hey. You feel lightheaded. You know what this is.
"I don't wanna do this, can we just-
Sam's jaw drops and he looks around at everyone, then back at you.
You feel a warm trickle coming from your nose and look up at Colby. You put your hand to your upper lip and it's covered in blood.
"What the hell!?"
Sam grabs a napkin out of the backpack and gives it to you. You press it to your nose and give it a few minutes. The board is quiet for a few minutes, or at least until your nose stops bleeding.
"I can't do this, I have to go home, I can't-
"Baby, it's okay. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere, we'll be fine."
It spells out sorry honey.
"Mom?"
Slowly, the planchet slides to yes. It stops for a second and continues.
Who is he
You look at Colby, who's holding your hand against his chest, and smile ever so slightly. You squeeze his hand and he glances at you nervously.
"His name is Colby. We've been dating for almost a year."
"Hi," his voice sounds so tiny and scared.
Keep him. He is good
At this you laugh and see him smiling out of the corner of your eye.
The board spells out I have to go, be careful.
You wish you could have more time to talk to her. There's so much to ask and to talk about.
I love you
"I love you too Mom. Goodbye."
The planchet moves to goodbye and everyone sits there in stunned silence. You lean back and try to stop yourself from crying. You miss her. It's a bittersweet type of thing because while you wish she wasn't gone, you were glad to have talked to her again.
"Ok guys, let's pack up. I think we're done here," Colby says this as a diversion so they won't look at you. You already feel salty tears beginning to drip down your face.
You get your phone and go to the doorway. You lean against it and and and look out at the grass swaying in the field. It's cooler out here and it makes your face feel less hot, especially with the slight breeze.
You feel two arms slip around your waist and hug you. You try to wipe the tears as quickly as possible.
Colby rests his chin on your shoulder and kisses your neck.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, I think so."
"I'm sorry I made you come with us. I didn't mean for it to happen like that..."
"It's okay. It's not your fault. I just miss her is all."
He kisses your cheek and by then, the boys were all packed up and ready to go. He takes your hand and everybody walks back to the car.
On the way home, you lay your head on his shoulder, happy that your mom had gotten to meet Colby and even happier that they seemed to get along.

and i oop-

this is kinda cliche and whateva im sorry but i hope u like it anyway @presliii 🖤🖤

gracie xx