boys' night

You and Kat were in the kitchen, talking. You poured a glass of water and sat back down at the table to continue your conversation about a store you two had been shopping at earlier.
     "I really couldn't believe the prices on some of those shirts. I mean, who would ever buy them anyways?" You asked, taking a sip of the water.
     You were honestly getting kind of bored talking to Kat. Besides Colby or Devyn, she was your best friend in the house and you loved her like a sister but you tended to get a little tired of listening to her all the time.
     "Yeah, they were kind of ugly to be honest." She replies, laughing and getting up to go get a snack.
     You wonder what Colby is doing and then remember that he and the rest of the boys in the house were having a guys' night in the basement. You paused for a second to listen for them and heard them all start screaming at a video game. You laugh to yourself when you hear Jake yell "COLBY YOU SHOULDVE KILLED HIM DUDE".
     Not long after, Kat returns and says that she's going to go take a shower. She goes upstairs and you're left alone in the kitchen. You kind of want to go down and see Colby but it was a guys' night after all.
     Soon, the boys stop screaming at each other and you hear them laughing. Faintly, you hear Colby's cute little laugh drift above the others for a second.
     Minutes later, you get a text from him on your phone.

Colby: can you come down here
You: why
Colby: i'm bored and I miss you
You: how can you miss me when I'm only upstairs
Colby: please baby
You: fine colbs I'll be there in a minute

     You get up and pull up your shorts. You adjust Colby's hoodie and pull down the sleeves, which are way too big for you. Your hair is in a messy bun and it looks really good despite the fact that it's supposed to be messy.
     You walk downstairs and Kat joins you since she is done with her shower. You both stand against the wall and wait for them to finish talking.
      "No girls allowed," Corey jokes and points at the staircase "we already made it a rule that it's only guys today." He laughs and Colby makes a fake pouty face at him.
     Colby looks at you and mouths "come here". You notice that all the couch seats are taken, and you don't want to sit on the floor.
     "There's no room." You say, still leaning against the wall. You wink discreetly at Kat and she smiles back at you.
     Colby pats his lap and you go over to him. You sit on his lap with your legs off to the side and your head on his chest. He puts an arm around your back and rests it on your side. His other hand is on your thigh. There's a little gap between you and him, and you move as close to his chest as possible before finally feeling comfortable.
     Colby leans down and kisses the top of your head and you snuggle into his chest, taking in the scent of his cologne.
     You hear Sam say "Aww, Colby's so sweet." and and look up at Colby only to catch him starting to blush. He tries to look away and all the boys start to say "AWW" really loud to try and embarrass him. Kat sits next to Sam while everyone's still laughing about Colby.
     "Guys stahhhp I'm not sweet." He tries to make a fake angry face but ends up looking like a frustrated five year old. You laugh and so does everyone else before they go back to gaming. Colby doesn't feel like playing this round and watches everyone else play.
      He takes his hand off your thigh and gently interlocks his hand with yours. His hand is warm and comforting on your back and even better when he's holding your hand.
      He leans down again.
     "We can go back upstairs if you get tired. Just tell me when baby and I'll go with you." he whispers.
     You're starting to get sleepy from just laying with him. No matter what was happening, he always made you feel calmer when you were with him.
     "I'll be okay." You say and squeeze his hand tighter.
     Very soon however, you can barely keep your eyes open and you're so warm and comfortable on Colby's lap that you don't want to go upstairs. You drown out the sound of the other boys and focus on his heartbeat. It makes you more tired and then you finally drift off to sleep.
     An hour or so later, you are semi-awake again and you hear them talking.
     "Colby, she's perfect for you." Corey says.
     "Trust me, I know dude. She's my everything. I love her so much." Colby replies.
He slowly and carefully adjusts his position a little so that he doesn't wake you up. You move a little bit and see him smile at Corey as you snuggle into his neck. {basically he moved so that you're sitting up against his chest and you're resting your head on his shoulder, really close to his neck.}
     He settles his arm around you again and he has his other hand laying in his lap. You lightly grab his hand and lazily put your fingers between his. He lifts your hand up and kisses the back of it before putting both of your hands back down, your fingers still molded together.
     Colby smiles as you fall asleep again and flashes a thumbs-up to Corey from behind your back. They continue talking.
     "She's got some bad trust issues Colby. I can't believe you got her to fall asleep with all of us around." Corey says, shutting off the game.
     "Yeah, I don't know what happened before we all met her but it must've been bad. I've never actually seen her sleep before until now." Jake chimes in.
     You start to whimper a little bit and Colby looks down at you. He puts a hand on your back and you automatically flinch and tense up. You don't mean to but it's become a conditioned response, even when you're sleeping.
     "It's okay Y/N. It's just me." Colby whispers, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb. You relax again.
     "That's exactly what I mean dude. Something happened to her, you can tell. You should find out what it was." Corey says.
"I don't know man, maybe she doesn't want to talk about it. I just hope she's okay." Colby says, resting his chin on top of your head.
"She'll be alright Colby. She loves you a lot." Kat said, getting up to go upstairs.
"I guess. I'm going to take her to bed, see you guys tomorrow." Everyone said bye and Colby picked you up bridal style. He carried you up the stairs and into the bedroom you both shared.
He gently set you down on the bed and crawled in next to you, pulling the covers over you and him. He waited until you were definitely out cold, and then he fell asleep as well.