valentine's day

You woke up to Colby dragging you out of bed and picking you up over his shoulder.
"What the hell?"
He laughs a tiny bit and starts walking out of his room. You grab the doorframe on the way by.
"Put me down."
"Why?"
"Because I want to sleep you fucking idiot."
Jake's at the top of the stairs, filming and laughing.
"A little salty today, aren't we Y/N?" You give Jake an exhausted look.
"C'mon guys why can't you please just leave me out of it?"
"Because we need you for the video I'm filming."
"What's the video?"
"Responding to fans' tweets. I asked them to send in questions on Twitter."
You sigh, already feeling a bad headache taking hold. You had only gotten an hour of sleep collectively because you had repeatedly woken up for no reason during the night.
"Fine just let me get ready I guess and I'll be down there."
At this Colby sets you down and goes to kiss you but you dodge it to tease him and go into the bedroom. You shut the door and begin to get ready.
You go in your drawer and get out a pair of your favorite yoga pants. It was going to be a low effort day.

     You put on a comfy sports bra and grab one of Colby's hoodies out of his side of the closet and throw it on

You put on a comfy sports bra and grab one of Colby's hoodies out of his side of the closet and throw it on. It's way too big for you and it smells heavily like his cologne. You stand there for a minute enjoying it.
Next you wash your face and moisturize before putting on mascara and a very quick set of wings. You throw your hair up in a big messy fan bun that actually looks pretty cute and put on some deodorant and perfume.
You put some Vaseline on your lips and brush your teeth before grabbing your phone and going down to find the boys.
You walk into the kitchen first, which is empty. You check the garage; still nobody. You then go into the room to the right of the staircase and see them sitting on the couch with a camera set up. Colby looks at you from across the room and smiles slightly at the sight of you.
"Looks like there's no room on the couch, might as well go back to sleep then." You weren't lying about there being no more open spaces; all the boys were spread out across the cushions. Corey was laying down across two of them with his feet on the back of the couch. You shrug and Colby makes a cute pouty face at you. He turns to Corey and uses his legs to push him off the couch onto the floor. He motions for you to come sit down next to him and laughs.
You chuckle and flop down next to Colby. In a few minutes, you're right up against his body with your head comfortably tucked up under his jaw.
He slips his fingers between yours gently and kisses the top of your head.
Jake introduces the video and you do a lazy two finger salute when he says your name and points at you. He gets into the questions rather quickly.
"Number 1: what are we all doing for Valentine's Day?"
"I wanted to sleep but he woke me up." You grab Colby's chin and squish his cheeks. He blushes a little and smiles at the camera.
"I'm gonna take Devyn to dinner and to get her some new makeup from Sephora."
"I'm taking Kat to a movie and dinner. Keep it classy boys."
Everyone laughs.
"Me and Tori are gonna go to dinner on the beach."
"I miss Gabby..." Jake's voice sounds so sad. She had just left a few days ago from her visit to the traphouse. She had stayed for about a week and Jake had been really happy and smiley while she was here.
"It's alright bro, she'll be back in a few weeks. Just FaceTime her or something for now."
"You're right Colby, that's actually not a bad idea. Thanks dude."
He nods and they move on to the next questions. Around 15 minutes passes by and you begin to notice that Colby kind of stops talking. He doesn't laugh as much at the questions or the answers.
"You okay?"
You squeeze his hand.
"Yeah... I'm fine."
His voice is filled with a similar sadness as Jake's was. He looks away from you for a second and clears his throat.
"Colby?"
No response.
"What's wrong?"
You're just whispering so as not to disrupt the video. Soon, Jake ends it after asking about 18 more questions. Everyone continues on with their day as normal. Elton stops by and brings Circa to play with Navi and Buddy. Devyn and Corey go out to their lunch date.
Colby, however, is nowhere to be found. He left right after the video ended. You pet the dogs on the way by and wave at Elton before going upstairs to look for him.
You enter the bedroom and find him sitting by himself on the side of the bed, with his hand on his forehead. He looks stressed and mad about something.
"Is everything okay?"
You go and sit next to him.
"No. I feel like such a terrible boyfriend right now."
"Why's that?"
"Did you hear what they're all doing for their girlfriends? Expensive dinner dates and movie dates and beach dates and having fun. I just... I'm sorry."
You pause for a second before you gently start rubbing his back.
"What do you mean Colbs?"
"I mean you deserve to be taken out and showed off. I should've bought you a new dress and gotten reservations somewhere and took you shopping or took you to race go carts and do laser tag or whatever. I didn't even ask if you wanted to do something for Valentine's Day."
You can tell that he feels terrible. You didn't even know that it bothered him that much until he said something.
"Aww, baby... don't be sad. I doesn't matter if you take me out or not. I don't even care that it's Valentine's Day. I have a good time just hanging out with you. You don't need to do any of that for me to be happy."
He hesitates.
"Are you sure you don't wanna go out and do something because whatever you wanna-
"I'm sure."
He gives you a slight smile.
"I'm so lucky to have you."
You blush a little and grab his hands, pulling him up. He wraps his arms around you and you look up and smile at him.
"So what do YOU wanna do tonight mister Brock?"
"Can we have a movie nightttt? I wanna cuddle really bad."
You laugh and nod.
"Sure but only if we can watch a scary movie."
"Alright baby. Go get some blankets. I'll get the movie going downstairs."
You grab a fluffy blanket from under his bed and a couple pillows. You take them down to the living room and set them down. You sit and wait for him to finish getting the Netflix started.
The movie starts and he lays down on the couch, using one of the pillows on the armrest to lay his head on.
You situate yourself on top of him with your head snuggled into his neck and your left arm tucked up against his chest. Your right hand was resting on his upper arm. He pulled the blanket up over both of you and you immediately felt calmer.
When the movie gets to a jump scare or a scary scene you squeeze Colby's arm. You don't really mean to do it but it happens every time.
He put his other arm around you and held you closer.
Soon, you fell asleep listening to his heartbeat. Minutes later, he was out too. Sam came in after dropping Kat off at home and found you two cuddled up on the couch. He laughed a bit and got Corey and Devyn so they could see too. They all found it so cute and Sam took a picture which he posted on his story with the caption "awww!".
They left you both there with the movie playing. You couldn't have asked for a better night.

awwww my heart god damn it

this makes me so sad but also happy at the same time

if yall don't mind imma go off on a quick sad bitch rant:
so basically ever since I broke up with skyler in October of last year I've felt so down and sad about it. I miss him more than I've ever missed anyone in my life. he was such a good boyfriend to me in every way. he was sweet, caring, so damn loyal, and just so patient with me. the previous relationship I came out of prior to this was an abusive one. I was used to flinching and getting bruises and being shoved around, but when he promised that he could never do that to me and made me feel like a somebody I finally learned what it's like to be loved. In 14 years of living, I can only say it was one time that I felt I had a place. And it was because of him. I regret everything I said that night when we broke up. I pushed him away, much as a force of habit. It never should have ended up this way. I never meant to lose him.
but right now as I'm laying here with tears running down my face as I think about him, I just wish I could tell him how I feel. how much I miss him and that just that I'm sorry for everything. it hurts so badly to not be able to fix what I've done. so badly

anyways, happy valentines day to everyone else, I hope you liked the story I guess

gracie xx