fight with sam part 2

It's been two days since the incident between the boys and Colby has been feeling worse and worse about what happened. He wants to make up and find out what he did wrong but he's nervous about Sam.
You walk into the kitchen and see Colby standing at the kitchen window. You come up behind him and slip your arms around his waist. You lay your head against his back.
"Hey..."
He sounds really sad.
"Thinking about it again?"
"Yeah."
The past few days have been hard for him because he hasn't talked to Sam once and he's convinced that they're through.
"I think we should call him today."
"I can't Y/N."
"Why not?"
"I just... I can't."
You wonder how to make him less nervous about the situation.
"I'll sit right next to you the whole time. If things get out of hand I'll talk to him."
Colby sighs. He doesn't like arguing with you and he knows you won't give up on them. Eventually, he nods his head.
"Good."
You take his hand and lead him to the living room. He sits on the couch and you grab your phone before doing the same.
You start dialing Sam's number and see that Colby is looking more nervous than ever.
It starts ringing and he picks it up after a few seconds.
"Hi Y/N."
You hand Colby the phone.
"Hi Sam..."
"What do you want?"
"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for whatever you think I did. I didn't lie-
"You know what Colby, save it. I don't need to hear it."
The line goes silent as Sam hangs up.
This is exactly what you were scared of. You hoped Sam would be ready to talk and would let Colby tell him what happened.
Colby sets the phone down slowly and gets up. He walks out into the foyer and you follow him a couple seconds later.
He slides down onto the floor, his back against the wall. He puts his head down and runs his hand through his hair, looking stressed.
You sit next to him cautiously and put your hand lightly on his wrist.
"I'm sorry."
He sniffles and shakes his head. Gently, you put your hand on the opposite side of his jaw and turn his face towards you. His bottom lip quivers a tiny bit and you can see tears welling up in his eyes.
"Aww Colbs, come here baby."
He moves closer and lays his head on your shoulder. You wrap your arm around him and rub his shoulder comfortingly.
"I thought Sam would be more mature about this whole thing. I've never seen him like that in my entire life and I've been friends with him longer than I've known you."
Colby says nothing in return. You can feel that he's really hurting.
     "What if this is it?"
     "Colby, this will not be it. You and Sam have been best friends for too long for either of you to just give up on each other like that."
     He just sniffles and stares blankly at the floor. He's starting to lose hope.
     "Listen, I'll give him a day and call him myself. He had no reason to do that to you and I'm going to find out why he's acting like this."
     "Maybe I do deserve it... you don't need to call him."
     You look down at him and he sits up and turns his head the other way so you wouldn't see the tears.
     "Don't say that..."
     "Why not? What does it matter anyway? I'm about to lose my best fucking friend because of something I did!"
     He gets up and walks into the kitchen. You stay there for a minute, kind of surprised he just yelled at you. He never got this emotional or mad about anything.
     You go into the kitchen and see him leaning against the countertop with his arms crossed and his back facing you. Quietly, you go and stand a step or two behind him.
     He rubs his eyes with one hand and you see that his cheeks are glistening with fresh tears.
     "I didn't mean to do that, I...I don't know what happened..."
     "It's okay. You're dealing with a lot right now. I get it."
     You lean against the countertop, right next to him. You rub his back slowly to calm him down.
     "You're the sweetest guy this world has to offer and there's no way you deserve to be treated like this. I don't know what's running through his head but he never should've said that."
      Colby looks at you. You can see the hurt in his eyes. His cheeks are red and shiny with tears.
     You pull him into a hug and it takes him a few seconds before he hugs you back tightly.
"What should I...do?"
"For right now, nothing. I'm going to talk to Sam and get his side of the story before we try that again."
He nods and you take a step back. You brush the tears off his cheeks with your thumbs and he manages a little smile.
     A little while later, you're back on the couch with your legs resting in Colby's lap, preparing to call Sam again. You're not sure how he'll react this time but you need to find out what's going on.
     It rings for what seems like forever and finally goes to voicemail. You look at Colby before trying again.
     It rings for a long time again before Sam finally picks up.
     "If this is Colby again I swear to GOD-
     "No, it's just me."
     "Oh, hi Y/N."
     "Hi Sam. Before this turns into small talk I think you might know what I'm calling you for."
     "Is this about Colby?"
     "Yup."
     He sighs on the other end of the line. There's a long pause before he breaks the silence.
     "Did he tell you about it?"
     "Of course he told me about it. He cut open his knuckles from punching the wall after he came home from fighting with you and I had to fix it."
     "What?"
     "He did that and then broke down crying because he was so scared to lose you."
     Colby starts to nervously tap your leg with his finger as he listens. You look at him and nod.
     "Listen, I...I gotta go...I'll call you tomorrow."
     "Fine, but you need to think about someone other than yourself once in a while."
     You hang up.
     "He only had to leave because he didn't want to hear that he was hurting his best friend. He doesn't want to believe that he's the one making you feel like shit."
     "I can only hope you're right."

sjdjsjdjsjdjs this was super cute and gushy and aw (ALSO I MISS SAM AND COLBY SO MUCH, ITS DEFINITELY GOOD THAT THEY'RE TAKING A BREAK FOR THEIR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH BECAUSE THEY NEED IT BUT I MISS MY BABIESSSS)

sorry for being gone from wattpad so long, I was on vacation in Tennessee all week so I was too busy to post haha

anyway, I'm back now and I'm starting to work on the story a little bit here and there. hopefully itll come together in the end lol

luh u guys, sorry again for being gone so long

gracie xx