lies part 1

You slam the car door and turn the key. Your face felt hot with anger and sadness and tears were already beginning to stream down your face. You see your best friend (although you weren't sure anymore what she was to you) come running out and come up to your window, saying she was sorry and that she should've told you.
     This only served to fuel your rage. You flipped her off and backed your car out of her driveway. You look in the rear view mirror and see one last glimpse of her standing there before you look away and clench your jaw as you start to cry.
     She had called you over just to "hang out", but after a while you had seen that she was looking guilty so you asked her if something was wrong. She proceeded to tell you that she had gotten pregnant by your ex boyfriend over six and a half months ago, when you had broken up with him only a few days earlier. You hadn't noticed anything that would suggest she was pregnant and she always wore big clothes. You two had still been close friends after the breakup and he never had acted any differently. You felt played and very hurt and for good reason. Your best friend had stabbed you right in the back and expected you to be happy for her.
     Shakily, you put in Colby's number and wait while it rings.
     You and him have been dating for about 5 months now and you were both very happy with your situation. He was the best boyfriend you've ever had and he completely adores you.
     It rings a couple times and you hear him pick up the phone.
     "Hiiii!"
     You have to stop and try to calm down for a second before you can even attempt to talk.
     "Can I stay at your place for a while?"
     "Of course baby... is something wrong?"
     You sniffle and you know that he can hear you crying. You tap your finger on the steering wheel and notice that it's starting to rain really hard.
     "Y/N?"
     "I-I'll be over in a little bit. I'm sorry."
     "Don't worry about it, just drive safe. I love you."
     You say it back and hang up. You turn onto the main road and after a couple minutes you get to your apartment. You run in and grab a bag and quickly throw your makeup and some other stuff in. You lock the door behind you and run through the rain back to your car.
     You get in and put the bag in the passenger seat. You get back on the road and and head to Colby's apartment, which was on the other side of the city.
     It only takes about 25 minutes before you get there. You hardly even have to think about where you're going anymore because it's become second nature.
     You park your car in the parking lot and grab your bag before locking the doors and running to the main lobby. You go in the elevator and wait for it to get to floor 2 before you get out.
     His door is only a couple down from the elevator and you knock twice so that he knows it's you.
     A second later, it opens and you look up at him standing in the doorway, tears running down your face.
     He grabs your hand and leads you inside before shutting the door. You set the bag on the kitchen counter and just stand there. All of your emotions were getting the best of you.
     "What's going on?"
     He looks very concerned as he watches you. Tears are still running down your face and you figure you must look pretty bad.
     "Something really bad happened."
     "Like how bad?"
     "Pretty bad."
     He pauses for a few seconds, not really sure what to say.
      "Listen, go get comfy and I'll put a movie on and we can figure things out alright?"
     You nod and pick up your bag. You take it to Colby's room and quickly change into shorts and one of his hoodies. You don't bother looking in the mirror because you know you're a mess at the moment.
     You go back out and Colby's pulling a couple blankets over to the couch. You wait for him to set them down and he sits on the left side of the couch with his feet up.
     You sit down as well, a few inches from him. You don't know or care what movie's on right now because your thoughts are racing. He says nothing for a couple minutes while he watches you.
     "Before you say anything, am I the reason you're crying?"
     You shake your head and he relaxes a little.
     You softly sigh and start by telling him that your best friend had hooked up with your ex and gotten pregnant days after you'd broken up with him. You begin to go into detail and feel yourself starting to breathe faster again.
     Colby notices. He knows that you get panic attacks when you're really freaking out and you're starting to do just that.
     He moves his arm and whispers come here. You pause for a second before moving close to him. He wraps his arm around your shoulders.
     You were beginning to talk really fast too and you hardly realized it.
     "Hey heyyyy, hang on a second. Take a deep breath for me alright?"
     You take a breath and feel a tiny bit better. You appreciate that he knows when to help. You keep talking but a little slower this time.
     You look up at him as tears run down your cheeks and he makes a pouty face. He gently rubs the tears off your cheek with his thumb.
     "I don't know what to do-I just..."
     "Listen, they had absolutely no reason to do that to you. You don't deserve to be treated like shit and pushed aside like they did."
     You manage a slight smile and he kisses your cheek.
     You lay your head on his shoulder and he grabs your hand and gives it a little squeeze. You do it back.
     "You're the sweetest and most beautiful girl that I've ever met and if they decide to act like that and hurt you, it's their loss. You're too good for them."
     "I mean... I guess."
     "Trust me. They'll realize just how badly they fucked up when they come crying to you asking for help."
     You laugh.

imma go ahead and leave y'all here on a cliffhanger but don't worry it'll be continued

anyway why are boys so confusing and why is it so incredibly challenging to get a bf like damn

gracie xx