fight 2

You walk downstairs, looking for Colby. You pass Sam in the kitchen and say hi before continuing to look around. You see Colby sitting on the couch and decide to sneak up on him.
You silently creep your way over and wrap your arms around his neck. You kiss his head and laugh.
He pulls your arms off and continues to type on his phone. He seems pretty mad since he's typing extremely fast.
"Hey, what's wrong?"
"I think you know exactly what's wrong."
There's an unusual harshness in his voice and you can tell he's pissed off. He never talks to you like that.
"What's going on?"
"I don't know Y/N, what is wrong? Why don't you tell me?"
His voice is tinged with rage. He throws his phone down on the couch and looks at you.
"Tell you what Colby?" you're insanely confused; you hadn't done anything.
"Tell me how long you two have been together. Right now."
The only person you were dating was Colby and you loved him with everything in you. You had no idea who he's talking about.
"Who?"
"Don't play dumb with me. I know something's going on between you and Jake." Your getting more confused and more nervous by the second. You'd never dated Jake in your entire life. He was one of your close friends, but you had never dated him or so much as thought about it.
"So how long before you were gonna tell me?" You can tell he's gonna blow up on you very soon. You can see the blue veins popping on his arms. His usually ocean blue eyes are now an icy grey-blue.
You stay silent. You're getting kind of scared.
"Huh?" He stands up and moves right in front of you. You look up at him.
"Go ahead, say it." You don't wanna back down but you don't know what to say and you don't want to start an argument.
"We weren't together. You probably won't believe me but I have never dated Jake. Ask anyone in this damn house and they'll tell you the same thing I am."
     There's a long pause and you both look at each other.
     "Bull. Shit."
     Colby steps towards you and you back up a couple steps. He closes the gap between you two and stands so close that you can feel the heat radiating off him.
     "Colby, I swear to god. Me and Jake never..."
     "Just shut the fuck up! Stop lying! Do you think I'm stupid? I know you two are more than friends."
     You try to explain that you and Jake had never even had crushes on each other but before you can begin to explain, Colby throws a punch out of anger and it hits you right in the cheek, just below your eye. You feel a searing pain shoot across your face and everything goes black for a second.
     After about fifteen seconds, you feel blood dripping from your nose. You wipe it off and look up at him, fear starting to take over. He'd never hit you. You had no idea what he was going to do next and quite frankly, you didn't want to know.
     He had never been this angry about anything. You know he won't believe you and you don't know how to explain that nothing happened.
     Suddenly, he realized what he has just done and you saw a wave of guilt wash over his face. He tried to step in and apologize but you backed away, scared and in pain as your nose continued to bleed.
     "Hey guys I heard some yelling, is everything- oh my god."
     Sam pauses in the doorway leading into the living room. 
     He comes running to your side to help.
     "Colby what the fuck dude!? What happened!?"
     "I didn't mean to... I-I'm sorry, I didn't wanna hurt her..."
     "Well she's bleeding, so good job. Come on Y/N, I'll help you." You freeze as he puts his arm around your shoulder to help you walk upstairs. You slowly look up at Colby. Tears spill from your eyes from both pain and fear.
     "Y/N, I'm so sorry, please don't cry..." Colby's voice cracks and he tries to reach out and grab your wrist. He wants to help so bad and fix his mistake but you don't know if you want to let him. He ends up gently gripping your wrist for a second before Sam ushers you away.
     "Just stay away from her, Colby."
     On the way out, you hear him scream "Wait!" but you don't think you can go back and see him right now, not with blood pouring down your face and the realization of what had just happened still fresh in your mind.
     Sam takes you to Colby's room and gets you settled down on the bed with a washcloth pressed to your nose to stop the bleeding. He turns on the tv and leaves a glass of water next to the bed.
     "He hit me." you say, still taking in the situation.
     "Listen, he was probably just so mad that he snapped. I don't think he meant to actually hit you."
     You hope it was an accident, but you don't know if you're ready to 100% forgive him.
     "If you need anything, text me. I'll be downstairs. I'm gonna go talk Colby down a little bit and get his side of the story." You nod and Sam walks out, closing the door behind him.
     You sit silently and blankly stare at the screen. Why did Colby think you would ever cheat on him? Colby was everything you had, you'd never do anything to change that. If you lost him, you'd lose every reason to smile or laugh. If you lost him, you'd lose your best friend.
     About 20 minutes later, you get up to go to the bathroom. While you're there, you momentarily look in the mirror. You see the form of a bruise starting to take shape, starting from the middle of your cheek and running all the way up under your eye and a little bit on your nose. It was going to be a really ugly and really noticeable bruise. You sigh.
     You go back to the room and watch a little more tv. Soon, Sam comes back up to check on you.
     "Colby's begging me to let him come up here. He feels so bad Y/N."
     "He doesn't feel bad at all, I know he doesn't."
     "When I got down there, he was crying so hard that he could barely talk. I had to spend most of the time trying to calm him down. He kept saying over and over how he didn't mean it and that he loved you. I think you should give him a chance, even if it's the last."
     You don't say anything at first. Colby had never cried about anything. You wanted to forgive him.
     "Tell him he can come up here then."
     Sam nods and goes back downstairs. A few minutes later, Colby comes up the stairs and slowly enters the room.
     You look up at him from across the room and feel tears burning in your eyes. You start to feel kind of scared.
     He comes over to the bed and finally looks at you for the first time since it had happened. He bites his lip and shakes his head when he sees the giant blue-black bruise on your face. A tear slides down his cheek.
     "Baby," he whispers. "I'm so fucking sorry."
     You don't say anything as he sits down next to you. You move a couple inches away from him, still scared.
     "I won't hurt you." His voice is whispery and very quiet as he tries to hold back tears.
     "Are you sure?"
     "I promise."
     You relax a bit.
     He slowly reaches out and gently grabs your hand. You allow him to interlock his fingers with yours. He holds your hand up and kisses the back of it. You squeeze his hand.
     "I never meant to hurt you. I didn't want to hit you. I didn't mean to yell at you. I didn't want you to bleed. I didn't want you to cry. The worst thing I've ever seen was you crying and in pain because of me."
     You stay silent and notice that Colby's crying again. You immediately feel bad and want to comfort him, but you hold yourself back.
     "It felt so wrong to hit you, I never want that to happen ever again. Not by me, not by anyone else. I promised to keep you safe and protect you from the moment we started dating. And... I fucked that up too." He lets out a muffled cry and your heart breaks.
     You cautiously move over and sit in his lap, facing him. You grab both of his hands and slip your fingers between his.
     "Colby, it's okay. Everything will be okay. Things happen."
He looks at you.
"No they don't. Guys don't just beat up their girlfriends. I hurt you, I made you bleed. You deserve better."
You shake your head and smile.
"You make me smile and laugh and just be happy. I know you didn't mean to do it. Bruises are temporary. I know you hurt me, but you wouldn't be the only one who has. You shouldn't feel bad for something I should be used to by now."
"You shouldn't have to get used to it. I should've calmed down and let you talk. I know you'd never cheat on me. I don't know why I thought something was happening."
"I forgive you. I'll heal up and everything will be okay. Don't worry about it anymore."
You reach forward and hug him around his neck. He hugs you back tightly, taking a deep breath and burying his face in your neck.
It's kind of an apology hug and kind of an I-was-scared-to-lose-you hug. Whatever it was, it felt good to forgive him and even better to know that he would always be there for you.

HAHA WOW so this took way longer than expected lmao. It's not even that good, which makes me kinda mad bc it seemed so good when I first started writing it.

I didn't know when or how to end it, so I just kept going and adding more, oops. Sorry about this y'all, imma try to get back to writing good again lolllll

Gracie xx