fight with Sam part 1

You hear the front door open and slam shut hard. You catch a glimpse of Colby walking quickly past the doorway of the living room.
      You get up to go say hi to him and just as you step into the foyer you see him pacing with his hands behind his head.
     All of a sudden, he punches the wall as hard as he can.
     He goes back to pacing for a couple seconds before he slides down against the wall and sits on the floor with his head in his hands.
     There's a big dent in the wall and some cracks but it's nothing that can't be fixed. You quickly go to him and kneel between his legs.
     "What's going on?"
     He only shakes his head. You can tell he's really upset.
     "Colby, it's okay baby. You gotta tell me what's wrong."
     "What's wrong is that I just got into a fight with my best fucking friend and I can't fix it!"
     His voice cracks on the last words and you feel your heart shattering as you look at him.
     You gently move his hands out of the way and put your own on either side of his face.
     Tears are running down his cheeks and he's starting to cry. You rub his face lightly with your thumbs and he puts his hand on your wrist.
     You can see all the veins popping out on his arms from being so mad. He's breathing harder than normal and he won't look up at you.
     As you look at him, you see that his knuckles are busted open and bleeding from when he punched the wall.
     "Hey, let's go fix up your hand okay? We can talk about it after."
     He nods slightly and draws in a shaky breath as he starts to cry a little more. You help him up and take him to the bathroom. You get out a washcloth, gauze, some antiseptic, and a bandage to wrap his arm with.
     You get the washcloth wet and motion for him to make a fist. He does and you gently press the cool washcloth to his knuckles. He makes a slight whiny noise because it hurts but still lets you help him.
     You hold it there for a couple minutes and for the most part it stops the bleeding. He doesn't say anything as you spray on the antiseptic and pad his knuckles with a layer of gauze.
     After, you wrap the bandage around his knuckles and down around his thumb (sort of like a UFC fighter's glove but not on his wrist). You make sure it's not too tight and put the extra stuff away.
You go back over to him and take his other hand. You lead him out of the bathroom and into the living room.
You sit down on the couch and put your feet up on the coffee table. Colby sits next to you and you move your arms out of the way so he can lay down. He puts his head in your lap and hugs his arms around your thigh.
He pretends to watch tv but you can see that there's still tears running down his face.
"Colbs, talk to me."
He sniffs and squeezes your thigh a little bit tighter.
"Me and Sam got into a fight because he said that I lied to him but I didn't. He wouldn't believe me and we were yelling at each other and he told me to get out and that he didn't want to talk to a person that he couldn't trust."
You can hear the hurt in his voice. Sam had been his best friend since they were in high school and they've been through everything together. They were the definition of best friends and they were always with each other.
Colby continued to rant to you and you started to gently run your fingers through his hair to comfort him as you listened.
"I didn't mean for this to happen, I just wish it never would've. I don't think he wants to see me ever again..."
"Don't say that baby. I bet Sam didn't mean it when he said those things to you. People act differently when they're mad because they're not thinking straight. He just needs some time to cool off and get his thoughts together."
Colby shakes his head.
"We've had other fights before, but they were never this bad. I don't know what I did this time but I can't fix it."
You rub your thumb on the side of his jaw. He rests his head on your other arm.
"Give him a day or two and then we'll call him, okay?"
He shrugs.
"He won't want to talk to me."
"Maybe not right now but he should be calmed down enough by then to at least let you explain."
"I guess..."
You put on Colby's favorite movie for him to watch while he relaxes. You feel very bad because you know he's upset and sad about the situation. He's still crying because he's scared to lose Sam and he doesn't know what to do about it.
     You have him sit up for a second so you can lay down. You spread out your arms and he lays down between your legs. He tucks his head up against your neck and wraps his arms around your waist, carefully avoiding touching anything with his bandaged hand.
     He always gets really cuddly and quiet when he's sad. You find it cute but you also want to help him and make him feel better.
     You rub his back with one hand slowly to calm him down. It begins to work after a couple minutes as his breathing slows down and so does his heartbeat.
     "Everything's going to be okay Colbs. I promise. You two will make up and it'll all be fine again."
     He shakes his head slightly.
     "No it won't." His voice sounds so small and hurt.
     "Why not?"
     "Because he hates me."
     "Like I said, he might hate you right now but when he cools down he'll want to apologize. I know Sam and the one thing he can't do is stay mad at someone, especially you."
     This seems to make him feel better. He stops crying a little while after and his breathing and heartbeat returns to normal. He even laughs a tiny bit during a funny part of the movie.
     He starts to fall asleep, so you keep rubbing his back until he does. As he's about to pass out, you kiss his forehead and see a slight smile on his face before he falls asleep.

aight well

i really like this

I'm gonna do more parts to this story bc it's cute as shit and I'm getting a lot of ideas for it lmaoooo

gracie xx