new life part 2

The next morning, you wake up early to clean the house up a little bit before work. Ivy isn't even up yet, which is remarkably rare. She hardly ever sleeps past 4:30 am for some reason.
You leave sandwiches and leftover noodles for the kids and head off to work for the day. It's a little bit chilly out but it's supposed to warm up soon.
     While you're working, you find it hard to focus. All you can think about is seeing Colby again. Most importantly, you're nervous about Colby meeting Ivy for some reason. It's hard for her to let her guard down and there's not many ways to do it. In a lot of aspects, she's like a cat. She's very independent and doesn't give away her trust easily. She watches and waits without saying a word and can be gone in an instant if she doesn't like what's going on.
You glance at the clock throughout the day but finally, you look up and see that it reads 4:55 pm. Closing time.
You put your stack of papers in the folder and put them in your desk. You clock out for the day and wave to one of your friends on the way out.
You walk fast to get home and are there by 5:05. You quickly get in the apartment and put your purse on the table. You change into a t-shirt and jeans.
By the time you come out, you hear a light knock at the door. You freeze, panicking a little bit although everyone's ready.
You make your way to the door and slowly open it.
You break out in a smile when you see Colby. You hug him tightly and he does the same.
He takes off his shoes at the door and sits on the couch while you get him a can of Pepsi.
He was everything you remembered. Your heart ached a little when you saw his face.
You give him the drink and sit down on the chair on the other side of the tiny living room.
"So...how's everything been? Since I last saw you."
"It's been alright I guess, nothing too terrible. How about you?"
"Pretty good but I've been feeling really bad lately, and I'm not sure if it's me missing you or something else."
You feel the same way.
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry again. I didn't want to leave like I did but I had no idea what else to do."
"Don't worry about it. Although it really hurt to see you go, I was hoping you'd either come back or that we'd meet again. I guess I got lucky."
You smile and feel your face start to get hot with a little sadness. It's almost like being homesick for a person.
It goes quiet for a while. No one knows what to say.
"Do you want to... meet them?"
He nods and looks at you. You go to the boys room where they're playing with some stuffed animals on the carpet.
You pick them up and they laugh.
"Alright boys. Are you guys ready to meet your daddy?" you whisper, thinking to yourself here goes nothing.
They tilt their heads, confused. They had only seen pictures of Colby. They had never met him in person yet.
Nathan smiles and nods and Mason does the same. You can tell that they're excited.
     You carry them out to the living room and set them down on the floor. Colby moves and sits on the ground, Indian-style.
      You look at him and see him smiling.
     "Go say hi!"
     Nathan, being the more rambunctious of the two, goes over to Colby and pretty much runs right into his arms for a hug.
     "Daddy!!"
      You're surprised that he knows exactly who Colby is. Colby hugs Nathan tight and buries his face in his neck. You can just barely see Colby's smile peeking over his shoulder.
     Mason is more shy and reserved so he hugs your arm and hides behind you. He knows who that is, but he's always been a nervous kid so you don't really expect him to do anything.
     Nathan goes to get one of his trucks to show Colby and slowly but surely, they start to get warmed up to each other.
     Only now do you realize how much Mason looks like Colby. He has the same icy blue eyes and nearly the same face.
     To your surprise, Mason lets go of you and cautiously goes over to Colby. In a few seconds, he hugs him. You're shocked.
     Colby has the biggest smile on his face as he plays with the boys. It makes your heart want to burst because of how adorable they are.
     After about thirty minutes, you feel like there's eyes on you from somewhere in the room and you know who it is. You didn't hear her come in, but Ivy is sitting cross legged on the end of the couch farthest from everyone. She's watching the boys play with Colby.
     You turn to her and she nods, as if giving the go ahead.
     "Colby, I want you to meet Ivy."
     He looks up and sees her and they just look at each other for a second. You glance at Ivy and know that she already has him figured out by the look in her eyes. 
     "She's lived here for the past two years because her family life is really not the greatest.  She's a good kid."
     "Nice to meet you... Colby."
     "Nice to meet you too."
     She seems unsure of him but you can see the smile in her eyes.

TIME SKIP TO A FEW MONTHS LATER
     You and the kids had moved into Colby's place downtown, which was a lot nicer and not near as run-down. You and him are back together and the relationship is working out really well.
     The boys and Colby are inseparable, always running around and wrestling and watching football and all that. You're glad that they got to know and trust him.
     Ivy has been slightly distant but she's really warmed up to Colby. You stay up late some night when everyone else is asleep to listen to them talking. Ivy tells him everything, about her day, about boys, about her friends. He listens and gives advice and they just talk. This happens around once or twice a week, depending on how Ivy is feeling, and he'll stay up until she gets tired. They never talk about it in the day time or when anyone else is around but the things you hear her talk about amaze you because she seemed leery of him in the beginning.
     You're glad they get along and that she has another person to confide in if she needs it.

kinda sorta cute idk

but this is the end of this set, hope y'all liked it 🖤

anyway i got some real good tea for you guys

so there's this guy my friend gave my Snapchat to, and we've recently started talking a bit and we tryna plan times to hang out over summer so we can get to know each other a little better

im BIG excited because my friend wants us to go on double dates and shi and i really need to get out into the dating world i think i spend too much time inside playing minecraft

also if u waiting on a request, it'll be up sometime next week sorry for making y'all wait forever I don't mean to I'm just STRESSEd
lol luv u guys,
gracie xx