missing you part 1

You stand in the bathroom, looking in the mirror for a couple seconds and fixing your hair a bit before you hear your phone start ringing. You don't know who could be calling you this late at night. It was around 12:45 am.
     You go out into the bedroom and look at the caller ID. You feel a little smile creep onto your face as you see the name.
Incoming call from: colby 💞
     You pick up your phone and answer it. It's a bit staticky at first but then it clears up.
     "Hi babyyyy!"
     "Hi Colbyyyy!"
     "I'm sorry I didn't call earlier, I was busy filming with Sam for the new video. It's been really crazy out here the past few days but we're getting a shit ton of content." He laughs and you immediately wish he were here with you. Hearing his voice makes you suddenly feel really sad because you miss him so much.
     He was out in Tennessee with Sam for a couple weeks. They were exploring some abandoned places and going to amusement parks and things like that. They seemed to be having fun from the pictures and videos they were posting on Snapchat and Instagram.
     You were happy they had the opportunity to get new content but you missed Colby terribly. It had been really hard for you this past week. You hadn't gotten much sleep without him there and you just felt kind of lost without him.
     Nighttime was especially terrible because usually you would cuddle up to him and fall asleep easily. You trusted him to protect you and if you had a nightmare he was always there to comfort you and calm you down.
     The bed you shared now felt empty and cold with him gone. You would put blankets and pillows all around you because they still faintly smelled like him. It made you feel less alone but you would end up with tears running down your face as you thought about him. You missed his hugs, his kisses, his cuddles, his smile, everything.
     You didn't want him to be away anymore but you knew there was nothing you could do.
     You sit on the bed, trying to stop yourself from crying.
     "When are you coming home?"
     "Pretty soon, we're thinking maybe two more days here. Why, is everything okay there?"
     You pause and shake your head slowly.
     "Yeah, everything's good I guess."
     "What's wrong? You sound upset baby."
     A single tear rolls down your cheek. You sniffle, wanting to end the call so he wouldn't hear you crying.
    There's a long silence that follows. You don't want to start talking because you'll break down.
     "Are you crying?"
     "No..."
     Your voice sounds small and tired. You lean back against the bed.
     "What happened?"
     "Nothing really, it doesn't matter. I'm okay."
     "Are you sure? You don't sound okay."
     "Yeah, I'm fine babe, don't worry."
     "Ok, well if you want to talk to me about anything just remember I'm always just a phone call away. I think I'm gonna go to bed but before I do Sam said he wants to talk to you."
He hands the phone to Sam.

COLBY'S POV
I got off the phone with Y/N and I instantly felt bad for not finding out what was wrong. I went in the bathroom and stood looking into the mirror for a few seconds.
She seemed really upset and I think she was crying. I wish I knew what happened or if I could help her at all because I hate seeing her sad. When she cries, it breaks my heart. I want to make her feel better in any way I can but there's not much I can do since I'm in Tennessee.
I keep telling myself that she really is fine and that nothing happened but deep down I know something's bothering her. I just want to have her here so she can cuddle up to me and I can make sure she's okay...

Y/N'S POV
As Sam said bye and gave the phone back to Colby, you thought about what he said while still trying not to cry.
He had said that he was listening to the conversation and that Colby was having a hard time without you as well. He seemed happy to be there but he wasn't his usual self. Sam had seen him sitting alone on the couch, looking through his camera roll at all the pictures and videos of you and him. He was starting to get a little homesick as well.
"Well, goodnight Brock. I love you so much and I guess...I'll see you when you get home."
He sighs.
"I love you too baby, goodnight. If you need to call me at any time tonight for ANYTHING, I promise I'll pick up and we can talk no matter what time it is okay?"
"Okay. Tell Sam I said goodnight too."
"I will."
You hang up and put your phone on the charger before slowly crawling into bed. Already, you found yourself crying.
Jake walked past your bedroom to go to the kitchen and stopped when he heard you crying. He was staying at your guys' place while his apartment was being redone.
He soon went and stood outside the closed front door and called Colby, asking if he knew that you were crying.
"I think she's really missing you dude. Like bad. She's been kinda down this whole week and right now she's crying in your bed."
"Is she really?"
     "Yeah man. Here, listen."
     He comes back in and puts the phone through the side of the door since it was cracked open ever so slightly. You weren't crying very loud, mainly just doing that gasping thing that happens sometimes, but it was enough for Colby to hear it.
     "Can you put her on the phone?"
     "I don't think she wants to-
     "Jake please. I can't let her fall asleep crying."
     There's a pause while he thinks about it.
     "Fine dude, give me a second."
     He knocks on the door softly.
     "Y/N, can I come in for a minute?"
     "Yeah."
     He opens the door and comes over to the bed. He taps you on the shoulder and you look at him with watery eyes and tear stained cheeks.
     "It's Colby. He wants to talk to you."
     Shakily, you take the phone from his hand and put it up to the side of your face.
     "Hey baby."
     You try to control your crying and calm down a little bit. It isn't too effective.
     "Hi."
     "Jake told me you were crying."
"Yeah, kinda."
Jake goes back out into the living room to watch tv.
You sniff and wipe your eyes a little.
"What's wrong princess? Talk to me."
"It's just... I really miss you okay?"
There's a pause and you start crying a little bit once again.
"Is that what this is all about?"
"Yeah."
You hear him sigh because he feels really bad. He wants to be there for you.
"I've hardly slept since you've been gone and I haven't really done anything except wait for you to come back."
"Awww, Y/N... you're gonna be okay beautiful, I know you will. Think of it like this: it's only a few more days before I'll be back home with you."
"I know, but I still wish you were here right now."
"I wish I was there too because it's absolutely killing me to hear you cry and not be able to help."
You continue to talk to him and the sound of his voice helps to soothe your crying.
Twenty minutes or so later, you feel like you've calmed down enough to be kind of tired. You yawn.
     "I think you should get some sleep. I know you might not want to but it'll be better if you do."
     "I guess you're right."
     You really didn't want to end the call. You wished you could stay on the phone with him.
     "Well then, goodnight I guess. I promise that everything will be okay and I'll be back in a couple days alright?"
     "Okay... I love you Colby."
     "Love you too baby."
     You hang up and Jake comes back to get his phone.
     "You okay man?"
     "Yeah, I'm good... I just miss Colby. That's all."
     "Alright well if you need to talk to someone I'm in the living room."
     "Thanks Jake."
     After he leaves, you curl up in your pile of pillows and blankets and drift off to sleep not long after.

not sure I like how this one turned out but there will be a part 2 (and prepare yourself for that because it's gonna be CUTE)

luv yall,

gracie xx