cuddly 2

You wake up to slanted rays of sunlight shining through the blinds and partially warming you. You pick up your phone and check your notifications and Snapchat before putting it down again and stretching slightly.
     Colby's curled up against your stomach with his head resting just under your ribs. One of his arms is laying lazily over your stomach and the other is tucked up against your side. His hair is messy and fluffed up in a couple spots. He looks so warm and comfortable and content as he sleeps there.
     He shifts a bit and hugs your stomach a little tighter. You play with his hair as he starts to wake up.
     You smile as he rolls over on his back and looks at you upside down while rubbing his face.
     "Morning baby," you laugh and poke his forehead lightly.
     "Morning..."
     He stretches and yawns before cuddling back up against you, only this time he's closer up to your face. You kiss his cheek and he smiles.
      After about 15 minutes, he's awake for the most part. You don't have any intention of getting up because you're warm and in a comfy position and so is Colby.
     "Can you do that thing you always do?"
    "What?"
    "You know... the thing."
     "Oh yeah, that."
     You laugh a tiny bit and start to calmly walk your fingers down the center of his bare back.
     "One...two...three...four..." You whisper, counting out the "steps".
     When you reach his lower back, you slide your fingers back up quickly and he gets goosebumps. You laugh again.
     After that, you start to slowly trace the muscles in his shoulders with your fingertips. You start on the left side, at the very bottom of his neck. You follow the lines and curves across to the other shoulder and just as you reach the right side, you can feel him start to relax even more.
     Ever since you've known him, this has been his absolute favorite thing. He begs you to do it all the time and sometimes he even falls asleep before you get all the way down his back. It helps calm him down when he's stressed and can't sleep or when something's wrong. There's a certain routine you follow every time you do it so it's become familiar to both of you and very comforting to him.
     You make it across his right shoulder and go back the other way until you're in the middle again. You slowly follow the muscles that go down the center of his back and he sighs and hugs you slightly tighter.
     As you come back up, you smile and kiss his head before resting your hand on his back. He smiles and hugs you.
     "So, what are we gonna do today Colbs?"
     He shrugs.
     "I could stay here all day honestly."
     You laugh and nod. It was comfy and he was being really cuddly and precious, something that didn't occur very frequently.
      He sits up and stretches again before fixing his hair.
     He looks at you with a mischievous smile.
     "What?"
     "Nothing."
     You kick at him and he dodges it before starting to tickle you. You instantly burst out laughing and try to squirm away from him.
     He pins you down and tickles you for a little bit more before he finally stops.
     "Jerk."
     He just smiles that same troublemaking grin and you shake your head and pretend to be mad at him.
     "Aww baby I'm sorryyyyy... don't be mad at meeee."
     He looks at you for a second more before making a pouty face. He leans down and kisses your stomach a couple times. He leaves a trail of kisses from the lower half of your stomach up to your neck and you smile.
     "Those better not be hickeys."
     "Not all of them."
     You look down at him and he laughs. The red marks are just starting to form along your shoulder and on your stomach.
     He kisses just under your chin a couple times before he quickly sneaks one on your lips. You laugh and wrap your arms around his neck, pulling him closer.
     You sit like that for a couple minutes but soon, he moves off of you for a second and you take the opportunity to get up and stretch. You stand up and get almost a full stretch in before you feel his arms snake around your waist.
     You let him drag you back onto the bed and he laughs. You lay down on top of him and he hugs you tightly before kissing the top of your head.
     "You're too adorable, you know that right?"
     You laugh and rest your head on his chest.
     You can't see his face but he has a huge smile as he looks at you.
     "I love you."
     "Love you too baby boy."

this was very short and I apologize for that but for any of y'all waiting on requests, they should be up fairly soon

i lost my best friend today after she decided to admit she couldn't trust me and that she's moving on to someone new. therefore, she just threw away five years of friendship like it's nothing and I'm having to force myself to do the same.

it hurts to realize that the whole time it would all be for nothing. all the trips, the all-nighters, the sleepovers, the memories and dumb shit we did, it's all gone. meaningless.

i wonder what i did to be considered useless

i wish i could fix it

gracie xx