abused part 3

It had been a couple days since the last incident with Aaron. You hadn't seen him since then and were glad. Sam had packed up Aaron's stuff and taken it out to the road in case he came back for it.
You walked downstairs to get a drink of water. You were still coughing up blood but not nearly as much as before. Breathing was incredibly painful now and it sounded raspy. It was hard to do anything because even slight movements would hurt you.
A slight bruise had formed over your eye but surprisingly it wasn't as bad as some of the others. Your ribs looked slightly uneven and there was a bruise on the right side.
You felt bad physically but emotionally you've been a lot better with Aaron gone. You felt safer and less stressed about him.
As you enter the kitchen and are about to grab a cup Colby comes walking in. You don't see him at first but he walks behind you and you jump when the floor creaks.
"Hey, chill, it's just me." The sound of his voice makes you take a deep breath and calm down. You continue getting your water and take a sip.
"Your ribs still hurt?"
"Yeah pretty bad."
He pauses and bites his lip for a second.
"Maybe we should... go to the hospital."
You start shaking your head. You can't stand being there. It makes you get anxiety and you feel so nervous.
"Colby no I don't want-
"Please just let me take you. I'm worried."
You hesitate before turning to him.
"I guess."
He nods slightly and smiles. He's glad you want to go because he doesn't like seeing you in pain.
"Ok, just get ready and when you're done we can go."
You go upstairs and grab a pair of ripped skinny jeans and Colby grabs his phone off the bed since he's already dressed.
You pause at the closet when you see Colby's stuff. Aaron had always told you to stick to your side and not wear his clothes. He'd made it clear that you weren't supposed to touch his stuff, much less wear it. He wouldn't let you even if you asked.
"You okay Y/N?" You snap out of it and nod.
He quietly comes up beside you.
"What's up?"
"Do you think I can... wear one of your hoodies?"
He laughs and nods.
"Of course baby. You don't have to ask me." He stops laughing suddenly as he realizes why you felt the need to ask.
"He told you that you weren't allowed to wear his stuff didn't he?" You nod and look at Colby.
"Well listen, whatever I have is yours too. Go for it." You smile and grab one of his hoodies. You put it on and realize how much you've been missing out. It smells so good that you make yourself take a deep breath even though it hurts bad.
"You like it huh?" He laughs.
You put on some makeup to hide your bruises and he watches you with great interest the whole time.
When you're done, you take him by the hand and he twirls you around.
"You ready?"
You nod although you aren't feeling very good about going to the doctor's.
He leads you downstairs and grabs his keys before saying bye to Sam and Corey on the way out. He makes it a point to open both the front door and the car door for you.
Once you're both in, he pulls out of the driveway and starts driving. He holds your hand the whole way there and lets you pick songs on the radio that you like.
As you enter the hospital parking lot, you feel your heartbeat speed up. Already you feel scared.
You get out and grab your phone and then walk beside Colby to the entrance.
Once you get in, you go to the front desk and the receptionist starts asking questions.
"Hi, how can I help you?"
"My girlfriend might have some broken ribs but we're not really sure. Is there anything you can do or do we need an appointment?"
"There's a couple openings right now, I'll call the doctor and she should be with you guys in a few minutes. Your name sir?"
"Colby Brock." She nods and picks up the phone.
Colby thanks the receptionist and you both go to the waiting area. You sit and he sits next to you.
You're tense and nervous. He notices and puts his hand out. Again, you take it and he gives a little squeeze.
"Hey, relax baby. It's okay. I'm gonna be right here with you the whole time."
You calm down a bit and stay silent as you wait. Soon, they call you up and you shake the doctor's hand before she leads you to a room. You sit on the table and she gets out a clipboard.
"So you think you might've broken some ribs?"
You nod.
She asks you about some symptoms and you have all of them. She then asks you to show her so you lift up the hoodie and let her see your ribs. She does a little poking and prodding and you try to ignore the pain it's causing.
"Alright so some of them are definitely broken." You sigh and nod. She has Colby come over so he can see too.
She points out the places that the bones are sunken or pushed up more than they should be.
"If you don't mind me asking, what happened? This is pretty bad."
Colby looks at you.
"I got beat up by a dude I used to live with. He was kind of abusive."
She nods.
"We'll go take some x rays and be right back."
You go to the x ray room and let her take the pictures. Being in there scares you a little but you try not to think about it. She shows you all the breaks and cracks. There's an awful lot.
After, you go back to the other room and she shows the pictures to Colby.
"All in all, she has 3 broken on the right side and 4 on the left."
"Is she gonna be okay?" His voice is filled with concern for you.
"Yes, she should be alright as long as she doesn't do anything too crazy in the next few months. We'll prescribe some pain medications for her so she can breathe normally and so she doesn't feel it as much." Colby sighs a breath of relief.
"Thank you SO much."
"You're welcome, if you want to go to the front desk they can check you out."
"And here." She presses two bottles of red and white pills into Colby's hand and he takes them. You both go out into the lobby and he pays for everything before walking you out to the car.
     You get in and he shuts your door before going to his own side and getting in. He looks at you for a second before he starts the car and drives home.
     As he parks the car in the driveway, you pause.
     "Thank you."
     "No problem baby. I'm glad you're okay."
     You smile and get out. He hands you the pills and you both go inside. You're greeted by Jake, who's filming for a YouTube video.
     "HI Y/N!"
     "HI JAKE!"
     He has you and Colby come sit down behind him for a few minutes to film some more. He asks you a couple questions and you then wander off upstairs to Colby's room.
     He comes looking for you a while later and finds you sitting on his bed. You're playing on your phone.
     "Y/N?"
     He comes a little closer.
     "You good babe?"
     You nod a little, feeling an odd pang of nervousness wash over you.
     You stand up and look at him.
     "What if... Aaron does come back?"
     "He won't. We arranged to have him taken to court."
     "Really?"
     "Really. And even if he did show up, I wouldn't let him anywhere near you. He's never going to hurt you again, not as long as I'm around."
     You let yourself walk forward and into Colby's arms. He doesn't want to hurt you so he just loosely puts his arms around your waist. For the first time, you actually hugged him and didn't feel scared to be touched.
     Although you didn't know it, he was smiling uncontrollably over your shoulder. He was happy to call you his.

*screeching*

this has got to be one of my absolute favorite continued stories. like wow

anyway, what do y'all think should/ is gonna happen next?!?!? there's gonna be lots more parts so stay tuneeeeeed

ily all,

gracie xx