sad

You did your makeup and changed into a hoodie and shorts. Sam had called you a little while ago, saying how he was kind of worried about Colby. He said Colby had been in his room all day with the door shut and hadn't even came out to eat once.
     You were now getting more and more worried as you drove to the mansion. He rarely made you guys concerned, but this time everyone was a little scared.
     As you arrived at the house, Sam greeted you at the door and led you inside.
     "Yeah, he's been in there all day and when I tried to ask if I could come in he kept telling me to go away. Maybe you can find out what's wrong? He seems pretty upset."
     "Hopefully he'll talk to me. I'll go up and see him," You say, kicking off your shoes. As you're walking up the stairs, you pass Jake and say hello.
     "Are you here because of Colby?"
     "Yeah, Sam said he's upset about something." You reply.
     "Something's definitely up. Good luck I guess." You say bye to Jake and continue to Colby's room. You pause right at the doorway and listen.
     You hear a muffled noise that almost sounds like crying from your side of the door. You push the door open slowly and see Colby curled up in the corner of his bed, facing the wall and clutching a pillow. He has his earbuds in.
     You watch him for a few seconds and realize that he is crying. You can see his chest heaving and his eyes scrunch shut with every breath.
     [Side note: y'all know that cry where you're just sucking in air and you can't stop? That's what Colby's doing here but he's trying to hide it/be quiet so it's kind of muffled]
     You go over to the bed and sit next to him. He turns and faces you, still gripping the pillow. Tears cascade down his cheeks and his eyes are red from crying. You instantly feel bad and it starts to make you sad.
    You take out one of Colby's earbuds and gently caress his cheek. He leans into your touch.
     "What happened?" You ask, rubbing your hand against his cheek comfortingly. He stays silent and sniffs.
You move closer to him and sit against the headboard. He crawls between your legs and lays against your chest, wrapping his arms around your waist tightly. He tucks his head under your chin.
His breathing starts to speed up as he cries harder. He tries to hold the tears back and it makes your heart hurt to see him cry.
     "Aww Colby, it's alright baby. It's okay to cry." He cuddles closer to you and finally breaks down.
     You rub his back and just let him cry. You're still curious as to what this is all about but he seems very sensitive about whatever it is so you decide not to push him into talking.
     You see Sam poke his head in the doorway and give a thumbs-up, asking if Colby is okay. You look at Sam and shake your head. Colby's eyes are closed so he doesn't see Sam.
What's wrong? Sam whispers from across the room. You look down at Colby and back at Sam.
He won't tell me, you mouth back.
     Sam frowns and leaves the doorway. You focus on Colby again. He's crying less now and he seems to be calmer. He still sniffs a little and tears still drip down his face.
     "Do you feel any better?" He nods his head and his hair tickles you a little bit.
     "That's good Colby. Everything will be better, I promise." He nods weakly and you move the hair out of his eyes. He looks up at you.
     You're both silent for a while as you play with his hair.
     "Did you eat today baby?" You suddenly ask, remembering that he hadn't been out of his room all day. He again shakes his head and snuggles into your neck.
     "I'll walk down to the kitchen with you, okay?" He looks up at you for a second, his ice blue eyes still shiny with tears. You wipe the last teardrops off his cheeks and kiss his forehead.
     He stands up and you do too. You gently grab his hand and intertwine your fingers with his. You lead him downstairs and into the kitchen. You're halfway down the stairs when Colby stops. You turn around.
     "Can I have waffles?"
     You laugh.
     "Sure colbs." He smiles at you and you continue on your way to the kitchen.
     "Hey Colby." When you get there, Aaron is already at the fridge, eating grapes out of a bag. Colby says hi and grabs an apple off the counter. He eats it and drinks some water.
     You put two waffles in the toaster and wait patiently for them to cook while Colby stands next to you. He watches the toaster.
     "When will they be done?"
     "Soon."
     "But I'm hungry nowww," he whines,
     "Just wait a minute and they'll be ready."
     He sighs and walks away. The toaster clicks and the waffles pop up. You grab them and put some syrup on them.
     "Colby, your waffl-" he runs and slides in his socks on the wood floor until he's right next to you. He takes the waffles and kisses you.

———————
wowowow this is kinda fucking terrible, sorry fam but I'm busy with school and I've got some new ideas too soooo hopefully it isn't this bad next time lmao

but anyway

I'm absolutely fucking in LOVE with this boy from my school and just wow. he's such a precious bean and he'd probably be the most cuddly and loyal and adorable boyfriend in the history of boyfriends. I've been friends with him for a while now and I kinda wanna do something?¿ like idfk what I'm thinking cuz I'm just gon get hurt again like usual but I honestly im about ready to just put everything on the line and ask him. Ahdnajdjabsjaba what should I doooooo