he's sick

Your phone rang twice and you run to pick it up. You set down your bottle of mascara on the way by. You pause your music and answer the call.
S: "Hey Y/N, are you coming over today?"
     Y: "Yeah, I'm just getting ready. I was gonna come and see what Devyn was doing and ask if she and Corey wanted to come spend the day out with me and Colby."
     S: "Uhhhh, that might actually be a problem."
     Y: "What do you mean that might be a problem?"
     There's a slow pause and the line goes silent for a minute.
S: "Listen can you just come over as soon as you can?"
     Y: "I guess but is everything okay?"
     S: "I'll explain it when you get here."
     Y: "Okay, fine."
     You hang up and turn your music back on. You grab your mascara and finish putting it on. You only did a simple eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara combo today, since you now didn't really have time to do much. You put on a pair of high-waisted black shorts with rips and holes all along the sides and front (they're Colby's favorite). You throw on a black sports bra and a camo crop top, then put on some deodorant and perfume. Lastly, you slip into your black Vans and grab your keys before going out to your car.

 Lastly, you slip into your black Vans and grab your keys before going out to your car

     You get in and drive to the traphouse, somewhat worried but nonetheless excited for your day out with Colby, Devyn, and Corey

     Once you get there, Sam opens the door with a worried look on his face. You follow him inside and he leads you into the kitchen.
     "What's wrong?" you ask, nonchalantly sitting on the countertop.
     "Colby's sick."
     "WHAT?" you ask, wide-eyed.
     "He's been throwing up for a day and a half now and he can barely keep any food down. He keeps asking for you and he doesn't want us to help him, so none of us know what to do," Sam says.
     "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
     "We thought maybe he'd get better overnight but he looks worse today. He's in a lot of pain too but I can't get him to take anything to make it hurt less."
     You sigh and hop of the counter. You grab a water bottle, a straw, and a bag of dry Cheerios.
     "Good luck man. He's got it pretty rough right now."
     You say bye to Sam and make your way upstairs to Colby's room. The door is shut and you don't hear anything at first.
     Moments later, you hear him cough and spit something up. You slowly push the door open and quietly slip into the room. You shut the door.
     It's dark and cool in there. The fan is on and there's a bucket on the ground next to Colby's bed.
     You look at Colby and immediately wish Sam had called you sooner.
He's sitting back against a mound of pillows and his blanket is only up to his knees. He's wearing his white mesh basketball shorts and no shirt.
Colby's hair is a mess and it's not shiny and soft-looking like usual. His skin is pale and dry and his face looks really tired. There's dark bags under his eyes from not sleeping. His breathing is raspy and you can tell what Sam meant by Colby not doing very well.
You walk over to him and sit on the edge of the bed, right next to his side. He opens his eyes a little. They're watery but also glazed over with sickness. He gives a slight smile and closes his eyes again.
Your heart is ripping in half as you watch Colby lay there. He's really sick and in a lot of pain but you don't know what to do to make things better for him.
"Hot... too hot..." he whispers. You see his eyes roll back momentarily and his face twitches.
You press your hand to his forehead. He's burning up.
His voice is just as raspy as his breathing, almost like a mix between his morning voice and a sore throat. Normally Colby's morning voice was adorable to you, but right now it kind of made you worried.
He lays on his side, his back to the wall. He coughs once and then twice before he leans over the edge of the bed and throws up.
Thank god for the bucket, you think as you watch him.
You rub his bare back and you can feel his body heaving as he pukes. This was way worse than you thought.
He sits there for a few seconds after he's done and tries to calm down. You keep rubbing his back comfortingly until he goes back to resting against the pillows.
You move closer and sit right next to Colby's head. Now that you're very close, you can hear his breathing. It sounds utterly painful.
"Colby, how long have you been sick for?" He shrugs and weakly lays his head in your lap. You gently push his hair out of his eyes and rub your thumb on his cheek. Suddenly, he coughs once and leans over you to throw up but nothing happens this time.
You grab the water bottle and put the straw in. You place it next to Colby and hold it so it won't spill.
"Drink a little bit." You say, watching him.
"I don't want to." He whispers.
"You're dehydrated. You gotta drink something."
     He reluctantly sips water from the bottle and lays his head back down in your lap.
     "It hurts," he squeaks, looking up at you for a second.
     "What hurts baby?"
     "Everything."
     You remember Sam telling you about how Colby was in a lot of pain but he refused to take any medicine. Maybe since you were here, you could get him to take something.
     "Listen, I'll be right back, okay? I'm gonna go get you some medicine from downstairs." You gently move him off of you and go out of his room and downstairs to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. You open it and start going through it until you find tylenol, ibuprofen, and NyQuil. You take it back upstairs.
     You go back into Colby's room and set the medicines on his nightstand. He drank some more water while you were gone, which makes you happy.
     "Ok, I think you should take one ibuprofen and and drink half a cup of Tylenol. You can have NyQuil later if you really can't sleep but not yet." You unscrew the caps and pour out one ibuprofen tablet and then fill the Tylenol cap halfway. You first give him the ibuprofen, and he takes it.
     You give him a minute, then give him the Tylenol. He drinks that as well, and you put the caps back on.
     You sit back and he puts his head in your lap yet again. You sit perfectly still, gently running your fingers through his hair to calm him. After about 30 minutes, you know the medicine is kicking in because he starts to get really really drowsy.
     He throws up one more time, and it's one of the worst ones so far. Once it's over, he takes a drink of water and finally drifts off to sleep.
     Sam comes in, and upon seeing Colby sleeping gives a thumbs up and comes over to the bed.
     "Did you get him to take something?" He whispers.
     You nod.
     "He didn't want to but I somehow convinced him to take an ibuprofen and a half cup of Tylenol."
     "Hopefully he'll get better faster now that he's got some medicine and someone to care for him." Sam laughs and winks at you. You roll your eyes and laugh.
     "Hopefully he stays asleep for a while, he needs it." Sam nods.
     "Well, I just came to say goodnight. It's already dark out." You hadn't noticed until now that it was dark outside, probably around 10-11 pm.
     "And thank you. Colby needed you and he's gonna recover fast now that you're staying here with him for a few days." You smile and nod, and Sam waves and walks out of the room.
     You kiss Colby's forehead before falling asleep sitting upright against the pillows as Colby sleeps peacefully in your lap.