request: @niallforever15 (new life part 1)

It had been a year since the party and since everything had happened. You had a little two bedroom apartment and you were working two jobs that you spent most of your time on. You grab your keys and get out of the car. You run through the rain and up the stairs to your apartment door. You walk in and lock it behind you.
You see Ivy laying on the couch and the boys playing with their stuffed animals on the rug. Ivy was a teenage girl that you basically considered to be one of your own. She was 16 and had a very rough past. Her family sold drugs and did other things that put them in constant danger of getting caught. She had lost her mom at a young age and was an only child. Her father was a dangerous and unpredictable person and she tried to avoid him at all costs.
You let her live with you and essentially acted as her mother for about two years now. The first time you met her, she was running from some of her father's men. She was hurt and scared and just trying to save herself. You let her in and calmed her down enough to let her explain. Since then, she's been living with you.
  You sleep out on the couch so she can have her own small bedroom. The boys, Nathan and Mason, have their own room to share. They just turned 7 months old and Ivy was a huge help to you when you had to work. She pretty much treated the boys like younger brothers.
     Later that night, after all the kids are in bed, you stretch out on the couch. You wonder where he is. You wonder if he actually cares where you are.

FLASHBACK TO THE PARTY (A YEAR AGO)
     You and Colby went to a college party for your senior year. Classes were ending and you were ready to go out and see the world before you got a job. It was supposed to be a simple party and nothing more, just a few drinks with friends and a fun night to end your senior year.
     It turned out to be a lot more than just a party, however. You and Colby got drunk and messed around a little bit that night. A few days later, you took a pregnancy test out of fear that something had happened and well...
     It did.
     You had panicked and gotten rid of the test before he found out. You knew it was his but you were scared for his reaction. You packed up all your stuff and as you were backing out of the driveway with tears in your eyes that next morning, Colby was screaming your name outside your closed window, begging and pleading with you not to go. That was the first time you'd ever seen him cry and it hurt you more than anything.
     He had called you once after that, and you said that you were sorry but it had to be that way. You and him had never broken up and you haven't been with anyone else since.
     You went to LA, looking for an apartment or somewhere to stay. You found a cheap but sort of run-down place tucked in a dimly lit alley. It wasn't much, but it was home.

PRESENT DAY
     The next morning you make lunch for the kids and put it in the refrigerator. Until you got home at around 7 pm, Ivy stayed in the apartment and did schoolwork while babysitting the boys. She did online school, something you could just barely afford to pay for. She worked as well, and she usually helped pay bills and buy food for the week.
     You decide to walk to the coffee shop since you have a day off of work. When you get there and step in to the shop, you see a familiar face.
     The kid can't be much older than you, 22 or 23 years old, and something about him seems remarkably familiar.
Oh shit.
     Sam.
     It's Sam Golbach, Colby's best friend from highschool. You used to be friends with him as well.
     You hope he doesn't see you and quickly order a coffee and sit down. It's already too late.
     He walks over and sits across from you.
     "Y/N?"
     "Um, hey."
     "What are you doing here?"
     "Just getting some coffee and going back home to my kids."
     All too late you realize that you messed up. Sam didn't know that you had kids.
     "Kids?"
     "Uhh, no, I meant my... pets?"
     He all of a sudden pieces it together. Your hands are sweaty and you feel like you need to get out of there.
     "Wait a minute. You've been here this whole time?"
     You nod.
     "How old are the kids?"
     "Sixteen and... the two twins. They're 4 months."
     He looks at you in shock.
     "Is that why you left? Because you were pregnant?"
     "I didn't know how Colby would react, I freaked out and just thought that I had to get out of there before he found out, I didn't mean to-
     "He's gonna love to hear about this Y/N! He's been looking for you ever since the day you left."
     "You can't tell him!"
     "Why?"
     "I... he just can't know that I'm here."
     He looks confused.
     "Why not? Are they... oh no."
     You look at him nervously.
     "They're not his."
     "No no no, they're his... it's just I don't think he wanted kids. I was scared of how he'd react so I panicked and left."
     There's a pause before you both look at each other.
     "Fine. I won't say anything to him about the kids. You have to let me at least tell him that I found you and that you're here in LA. You can tell him the rest later."
     "I guess that would be okay."
     You give him one last nod before you pick up the coffee and leave.
     That night, as the kids are winding down and about to go to bed, you hear the phone ringing. You pick it up and it's a number you recognize but don't necessarily want to.
     "Hey, is Y/N there?"
     The sound of his voice is just as comforting as it used to be. You miss him.
     "Yeah..."
     "Are you sure?"
     "Yup.
     "Sam said he saw you today."
     "Yeah, what about it?"
     "I just wanted to talk to you again, even if it's the last time."
     He sighs and you can already feel the hurt in him.
     "I'm sorry for leaving like I did and not saying a word to you about it."
     "I don't think I've ever missed anyone more than when I was crying and watching you drive away. I don't know what I did but I'm so sorry for it, whatever it was."
     "It wasn't your fault Colby, it's just when I found out..."
     Your voice trails off as the words catch in your throat.
     "Found out... what?"
     You take a shaky deep breath and look at the boys already sleeping on the couch.
     "A few days after we went to that party, I took a pregnancy test and found out that I was pregnant. I was scared that you would react badly so I panicked, got rid of the test and left."
     The line goes silent for a while. You're nervous even now for what he's going to think.
     "So you mean to tell me I'm... a dad?"
     "Yeah."
     You hear a sniffle on the other end and feel bad that you had done this to him. Made him wait and wonder where you were. Made him worry and wish you'd come back.
      "I didn't mean for you to find out, especially not like this. I was scared that you'd freak out and hate me for it."
     "Did you think I would hurt you or something?"
     "I didn't know what you would do."
     "I loved you then and I still do now. I could never bring myself to do something like that. I was there to protect you then, and I still want to be now."
     You lean against the fridge, taking it all in. He wasn't mad, and that was all you could've asked for.
     "Could I... stop by tomorrow? Just for a few hours to catch up ?"
     "Sure. You can come by anytime after 5, I'm getting out of work early tomorrow."
     "Sounds good. Before I go, what name did you give him or her?"
     "Nathan and Mason. And Ivy."
     "What?"
     There's another pause as he realizes what you mean by Nathan and Mason.
     "You had twins?"
     "Yeah..."
     You hear him sniffle again and then laugh a little bit.
     "I can't wait to meet them Y/N. You have no idea how happy I am that you're all okay. Who's the other name you mentioned?"
     You sigh.
     "It's Ivy. She's not really my real daughter but in a way she is. She lives with me because her family pretty much left her behind. She's sixteen."
     "Oh?"
     "She helps with the boys and with the bills and I pay for her schooling and keep a roof over her head. She's a great kid and you can meet her if she wants to."
     "Tell her that I'd love to."
     You smile and suddenly see her look at you with a confused face. You hold up a finger and she looks back at her laptop.
     "Thank you for not freaking out about this. I'm sorry again for what I've done."
     "It's okay. I get it. I'm just glad that everyone's okay and that I get to see you again and meet my boys. I... love you Y/N."
     "I love you too Colby."
     You set the phone down. Ivy gets up and walks into the kitchen with a questioning look on her face.
     "Who was that?"
     "His name's Colby. He's the boys' dad."
    She looks slightly hurt by the mention of a dad.
     "Is he coming here?"
     "Yeah. Only for a few hours."
     "For what?"
     "To meet his kids for the first time."
     Her eyes go wide.
     "What happened between you two?"
     "Around a year ago, I went to a college party with him and we got drunk and some things happened. I found out I was pregnant a few days later and panicked. I got rid of the test and packed all my shit. The next morning after I found out, I had to try to sneak my way out and get out of there. I was nervous for how he would react."
     You look at the ground.
     "He was wondering why I was leaving so early in the morning, and he kept asking what I was doing. I was already crying so I didn't say anything to him except 'I have to go'. He didn't understand why and he started crying too. He was begging me not to go, pleading with me so that I would stay. I just left."
     You sniffle.
     "Did you miss him?"
     "I did then and I still do. He was the best and most kind hearted guy I've ever known. He still is."
     You rub your forehead. You're not worried anymore, just sad about what you did.
     "Would he- never mind. Do I have to meet him?"
     "Not if you don't want to. I haven't seen him since last year and he's never met his own kids. You don't have to say anything to him if you don't want to."
     You see a hint of something spark in her eyes. They were almost like a cat's eyes, a pale but beautiful green that in the sunlight seemed to turn a silver-teal. She looks at you and almost smiles but shakes her head.
     "What are you up to kid?" You laugh.
     "Nothing, it's just... do you think that... I don't know... that he'd ever be okay with me being... his daughter?"
     She seems scared to ask such a question but you know the answer immediately and you smile reassuringly.
     "I think that he's going to absolutely love you. When he gets here, you'll know."
     She smiles. You can feel her excitement and how badly she wants it to work out. You know that they will get along.
     You give her a hug and she goes to her bedroom, full of excitement but also sort of nervous. You put the boys in their cribs and get yourself ready for bed. You sprawl out on the couch, thinking about tomorrow. You're happy that he's okay with all of this and that you get to see him again.
     You drift off to sleep after setting an early alarm. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day.

this was kinda long but im in love with this story omlllll

it's a request for @niallforever15 (hope u enjoy lol) but im gonna be continuing it with 2-3 more parts bc it's gonna be awesome on GOD

also I didn't know what to call it lol it's got a real stupid name

anyway luv u guys lol
gracie xx