Chapter 1

Abigail's POV

I took one last glance at my old house. I can't believe I'm leaving the house and city where I grew up in. The hardest thing is leaving my best friend/ex boyfriend Luke, we broke up since I was moving. We have a long drive ahead of us. Leaving New York to go to Nebraska isn't going to be easy, then again my life has never been easy. I put in my earphones and went to sleep.

*22 hours later*

We arrived at my new house. We walked inside and looked around, it was actually bigger than our old house. I found a room with a balcony and called it mine before Aidan got the chance to. "Hurry up." Aidan said and pushed me out of his way. I rolled my eyes and unpacked what was left in our car. We sent all our furniture and boxes like a week ago. I grabbed some of my boxes from the living room, walked upstairs and set them down. I unpacked most of my things before I decided I did enough for today and changed into my pajamas. I laid down in my bed and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

*Next Morning*

My alarm clock went off at 6. I got out of bed and went to take a shower. I washed my hair and body. I got out and put on jeans, a white crop top, and white vans. I left my straight hair down and did my makeup. I wasn't the type of girl that put a lot of make up, usually just mascara, concealer, and lipgloss. I grabbed my bag and phone and walked downstairs. "Finally, let's go." Aidan said when he saw me. "Shut up." I said and went to the kitchen. "Bye mom. Bye dad." I said and walked out to the car.

Aidan parked in the parking lot of Westside. We walked into the crowded halls looking for the office. "Name?" The secretary asked. "Aidan and Abigail Hernandez." I said and she nodded. She looked through files until she found our names. She handed us our schedules and locker numbers. "Thank you." Aidan said and I smiled. We walked out of the office and Aidan ran off. Great! I have no idea where I'm going. I looked at my schedule and saw my first period was Science.

I finally found the classroom, class already started. I opened the door and everyone's eyes were on me. "Your late." Mr. Salazar scolded. "I couldn't find the class." I said hoping I wouldn't get in trouble. "That's no excuse, you have a detention. Go take a seat next to Mr.Wilkinson." He said and I looked around the class, and saw a kid with his hand raised. I walked over and took a seat at the table. Mr. Salazar continued teaching his lesson. I felt someone staring at me, I turned to face the kid sitting next to me and saw his eyes glued on me. "Take a picture it'll last longer" I said and turned my head back towards the teacher. "May I?" He asked. "Ha that's cute" I said and rolled my eyes. "So are you" he said and placed his hand on my thigh. "Yeah, fuck off" I say slapping away his hand. "Mr. Wilkinson! You have a detention!" He rolled his eyes and turned his head towards Mr. Salazar. The bell rang and I looked for my next class. "Lemme see that" the kid says snatching my schedule from my hand. "Okay we have 1, 2, 4, and 7 period together. We have English next." I nodded and followed him down the hall. "What's your name?" "Abigail" I replied. "Sam" he said and I nodded. We walked to English and I sat down in the middle closest to the back of the room. Sam sat next to me. Mrs. Cole came in and told us what we would be doing this semester and we started working. She told us we would have to do a group project. I got paired up with Sam. Maybe he won't be as bad as I thought. "Who's the new girl?" Some kid asked obviously referring to me. "I don't know but she's hot as fuck" another said. "Damn my boy Sam got game!" "Ehhh" they all said high fiving him. I rolled my eyes. I spoke to soon. "Quiet!" Mrs. Cole yelled and I laughed.

The bell rang and I walked out of class. I looked around and found my next class, my elective, art. I found the class and wasn't late this time. Mrs.Delcarmen started talking and when she was done she said we had a free period. "Hey I'm Jack." This kid sitting next to me said. "Hi, I'm Abigail." He was really nice and we continued talking until the period ended. "I'll see you later." He said and smiled I smiled back and walked out of class.

*Lunch*

I walked in to lunch by myself. I was looking for somewhere to sit when a few girls called me over. "Hey, do you want to sit with us?" a girl I heard someone say named Natasha asked. "Yeah, thanks" I say taking a seat next to Gaby. "Your new here?" Asked a girl I didn't know. "Yeah, I moved from New York." "Oh cool, I'm Nicole" "Abigail" I say and she nods. We made small talk throughout lunch. They mostly asked me about my old school and why I moved here. Before I knew it the bell rang and lunch was over. I threw away my trash and walked with Natasha to Math. I took a seat next to her and Mrs. Chase began her lesson. After what seemed like forever the bell rang and I moved on to my next period.

I found my next class and walked inside. I looked around and saw Sam with his back turned towards me talking to his friends. I recognized a couple of them from other classes but only knew Jack. I walked to the opposite side of the room and took a seat next to a couple of girls. "Is this seat taken?" I asked. "No" one said flatly and turned around. I put my books down and took a seat. Mrs. Rodriguez started her lesson and I zoned out halfway through. The bell rang signaling school was over, I still had to go to detention. My phone buzzed and I checked and saw Aidan was calling me. "Hello?" I say picking up the phone. "Where are you" he asks. "I got a detention for being late to class" "Wow Abi really on the first day?" "Yeah you left me and I had no idea where I was going" "Okay well your walking home" "No Aida-" the line went dead. I rolled my eyes and walked to detention and sat in the front since all the "Jocks" were in the back.