||35||

Edited: 03/05/24
Reuploaded: 03/05/24

°🥀°

"Welcome back, Lady Temari," the guards greeted her as we walked in.

What am I? Chopped liver?

"Welcome back, y/n!" a familiar voice piped up as we finally got into the village. Jiro had a little girl on his shoulders.

"Jiro!" I waved and we met him halfway, "is this your daughter?"

"Yep! Snow, say hello to y/n," he looks up at the small genin on his shoulders, she smiled shyly.

"Hello... I'm Snow... nice to meet you... Lady y/n," she greeted me fairly slowly. I smiled.

Lady, huh? That's weird.

"Nice to finally meet you," I nodded in her direction, "Jiro, she's like a complete double of you. Obviously excluding the obvious differences."

"You think so?" he asked, sheepishly rubbing his neck, I nodded.

"We should go, y/n, don't want to keep Gaara waiting for his girl do we?" Temari asked, half serious, half teasing, my face flushed again, and I slapped her back.

"Stop it, Temari!" I hissed at her, she just laughed.

"You and Lord Kazekage?" Jiro asked in shock, I frantically shook my head.

"No, no, no, no, no, no," I repeated, trying to calm my face down.

"She means not yet, definitely in the future," Temari continued to tease, I put my hands on her back and started to push her away.

I swear to whatever higher being there is, when she and Shikamaru finally start getting to that little cosy stage after the war—she's done for. I'm teasing her to hell and back.

"Sorry but we really should be going," I say rather quickly, Jiro laughed.

"Sure, sure, see you another day," Jiro and Snow wave as I continue to push Temari away and to the Kazekage's office.

"I hate you," I pouted, moving to her side as we started to walk up to Gaara's office.

"No you don't," she says, pulling me into a head lock and ruffling my hair as she opened the door.

"Temari!" I whined, trying to push her off of me as she led us into Gaara's office.

"Well don't you two look all buddy-buddy," I heard Kankuro chuckle, Temari finally released me, and I sighed, straightening myself up and trying to flatten my hair again.

"Now look what you've done," I grumble, pointing at my sticking up hair.

"Welcome back," Gaara said, I glanced over to him to... not actually see him. There was a wall of paperwork in front of him instead. Wow—who knew village leaders could have so much work?

"Gaara..." I started, "I hope you realise we can't see you."

I heard an exasperated sigh and then a chair moving on the floor. Then he appeared around the wall.

"I didn't even realise it was so high," he mumbled as he looked up and down at the tower of paper before looking at us and blinking a few times at my appearance. I instantly put my hand on my hair to hold it down. He just pointed at my face.

"Are you sick?" he asked, I looked at him confused before Temari whispered 'you're still blushing' in my ear causing me to get flustered again. I just walked over to the red sofa by one of the walls and place my violin by one of the arms and then fell face first onto it.

"Is she ok?" Kankuro asked.

"Temari was teasing me the whole way back," I said through the pillows obviously making my words pretty muffled.

"Speaking of Temari, come with me, you're helping me finish this stupid paperwork," Kankuro told her quickly, moving to the door and leaving the room.

"Fine," she said after sighing, also leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

It was silent.

Nice and peaceful.

I heard Gaara walking away and then the sound of a chair moving.

He's working again.

After a while, I finally looked up to see Gaara had finished his paperwork and was just sat watching me.

I turned over and sighed.

"Did you have fun?" he asked.

"Yeah, I made a few friends," I replied, I heard him stand up and move over to me, he sat on the floor by my head.

"Who?" he asked, interested.

"I became quite good friends with Rock Lee. We're matched in fighting until he takes his weights off," I replied, chuckling at the memory.

"Come on Lee, Y/n, you're both matched, why're you both still trying?" Tenten asked.

"I am determined to beat y/n," Lee told her, his eyes burning with determination.

"And I'm just finding this fun, it's been a while since I haven't beat someone up," I told her.

"Lee, take your weights off," Guy told his student.

Huh?

"Understood," Lee replied, saluting his sensei before dropping the weights around his ankles. I looked around after he disappeared.

Hold on—

Isn't this a bit unfair??

"So fast..." I mumbled in awe as he appeared in front of me, I blocked his kick and his punch, he disappeared and appeared behind me, kicking me through two trees. I groaned as I started to stand up, Lee offered me a hand and I took it. He pulled me up.

"You are a great opponent. We should fight again next time we meet and see how much we have improved!" he told me with a large grin, I couldn't help but to smile back and nod.

"Sure!"

"He's an interesting guy," Gaara nodded, "I'm glad you had fun. How's Naruto?"

"Naruto? Well he's the same as he was the last time I saw him," I chuckled at the thought of the hyperactive knuckle head.

"I forgot you'd met him previously," Gaara laughed lightly.

Whoa.

Gaara laughed.

I felt butterflies in my stomach at the sound I'd never heard before. I don't ever remember him laughing on the Naruto series.

What the hell, y/n? Get a grip of your stupid emotions!

"You said Temari teased you?" he started, "what about?"

"Oh—uh—nothing... in particular..." I lied, turning away as he turned and looked at me.

Gaara's PoV

"You said Temari teased you?" I started to ask, "what about?"

"Oh—uh—nothing... in particular..." she replied, I turned to her as she looked away. (guys I was about to write that he raised his eyebrow but he ain't got any... this puts a rock in my planning... uhho)

I smiled softly at her direction.

"Kankuro was teasing me as well," I told her, remembering why I kicked him out of my office while he did his and Temari's part of the paperwork.

"Oh yeah? What about?" she asked, not looking at me.

"You." I replied before I could really stop myself, I felt my ears burning and watched as she looked at me surprised, her face basically the same colour as the sofa.

She's quite...

...cute?