||51||

a week later

I was eating an apple because Sakura had come in with a plate of apples and was cutting them up for me, Temari and Kankuro.

"Y/n!" the door of my hospital room flew open and there in the doorway was Lee and his team along with the rookie 8 (because Sasuke the little brat still isn't back).

"Hi Lee," I greeted him and then took another bite of my apple.

"You-- what happened?" Lee asked, well, more like shouted.

"I don't know," I shrugged. I don't want to explain the disappearing acts. It's too much effort.

"Yes you do." Temari says bluntly.

"It's time you explain everything, including who you really are because we've been getting a lot of information about your identity here. It's time you come clean. No more pretending," Kankuro tells me seriously. I looked at Temari betrayed. She told him!

"Fine," I growled before moving myself to the windowsill and sat down staring outside, "take a seat. This is going to be one hell of an explanation."

Everyone moved around, some sat on the bed, others on stools the rest on the floor.

"My name is f/n l/n, daughter of f/n and m/n. My mother died when I was young so my father gambled everything on creating a business to support the two of us. He became a famous CEO to a large talent agency. Now you guys don't know what that is because it doesn't exist here," I told them before looking at their faces.

"What're you saying?" Neji asked, frowning like he always did in the Naruto series, especially before Shippuden.

"I'm saying I'm not from your world. I'm from a different world where technology runs the place. Where there are no ninjas, the closest you can get to one is through a TV screen and movies. Or cosplayers - people who dress up as characters from their favourite shows," I told them, "there's no such thing as the five great nations. Just countries that are lead by governments filled with people who talk big but create more of a mess before fixing it all. There are wars always happening somewhere and there have been two great wars where the world split into two and fought against each other creating disaster and tragedy."

They were all incredibly silent and their faces were an emotion I couldn't explain.

"I was pulled to your world by this weird bracelet but while I was here my body at home was dying from unknown reasons," I continued before feeling tears rolling down my cheeks, "my... my father was murdered... and then so was I. Now I'm stuck here because I died with the bracelet on."

Everyone's eyes widened, I pointed to my neck where the scar was.

"That's how I died. A poison tablet and a deep cut to my neck," I told them. Akamaru whined and nuzzled his nose against my leg. I pat his head and then sighed before wiping away my tears.

"Doesn't matter though. I'm dead and I can't return to the world where I'm famous for my fighting skills. I can't hug my best friends again. I can't tell my dad I love him. I can't compete in the competitions and make Julie proud. I should be dead, I should be with my dad and mum. But I'm here. I was given a second chance and I'm taking it, this time I'm going to do the things I didn't get to do back at home," I told them with a determined face before standing up and stepping back into the room.

"What about the whole noble Lady thing?" Temari asked.

"That's my life here. I'm Lady y/n, the heir to the (home town/city) village. I'm prepared to return if there isn't anything here for me," I said, Temari stood up and was about to protest when I interrupted her, "I heard what you and Kankuro have been arguing about. Gaara has forgotten me."

She slumped back onto her stool and looked down sadly.

"It's just a faze... I know it!" Kankuro shouted, I shook my head.

"If it's something Baki did then it's no a faze. He's never liked me. Especially when I left you to die in the desert. Sorry for that by the way. It's my fault you got poisoned, I could've prevented it if I stayed around," I apologised, he frantically shook his head.

"I told you to leave. I don't regret telling you to leave either. I regret not being strong enough to come after you and stop you from getting beaten," he tells me before slumping down dejectedly.

"What about Lady Chiyo's final wish?" Naruto asked.

"What about it?" I asked pretty emotionlessly.

"You were supposed to stick by Gaara's side! Be his rock!" he shouted, I sighed.

"Are you really going to dishonour Lady Chiyo like that?" Sakura asked before getting up and going to the door. Before leaving she said:

"Y/n, you never changed. You were always kind and caring and supporting as well as a great friend to everyone here. But... You've changed, you're cold and different. I'm ashamed and disgusted to call you my friend."

With that, she left followed by Naruto.

"we'll leave you to rest," Kiba says before everyone stood and followed him out the room until it was just me. I slid to the floor and hid behind my arms, ashamed of myself.

"I've become the person I hate most," I muttered, "Look at me, y/n, the number 1 most shittiest friend."

Tsunade's PoV

I was sat on the roof of the hospital with Shizune and Kakashi.

We had all gotten pretty curious when we saw a large group of ninja entering the hospital so we watched until they stopped in y/n's room.

We sat on the roof above and started eavesdropping.

"So that's the truth, huh?" I asked, more as a thought than a question.

"Sounds like she's battling herself," Shizune says, looking down sadly, "do we talk to her and hope she takes good advice or...?"

"We'll leave her. Tomorrow I'll discharge her. That gives her the afternoon and evening to think about what she's going to do," I told her.

"I understand her behaviour," Kakashi speaks up, we look at him, "she and her father were just killed in her actual life while Lord Gaara in this life, the guy she definitely cares the most about has forgotten she exists."

He's right. That's enough to change anyone.

"Maybe leaving her that long will make her snap out of her daze..." Kakashi trailed off.

"Or make her worse," I finished for him. He nodded.

"Keep an eye on her, Kakashi, but don't let her see you," I told him before standing. He nods and stays still as Shizune gets up and joins me.

"As for you?" kakashi asked.

"As for Lady Tsunade.. She'll be in her office, catching up on all the paper works she's been dismissing," Shizune butt's in. I sighed.

"What she said," I grumbled before leaving with Shizune close behind.

Y/n, we know who you are now, but what you do here is completely up to you.

Your decision changes everything.

Your present, your future, it all depends on how you act.

But you know that don't you?