||77||

"Y/n?" Kankuro appeared by my side.

I was currently staring out over the desert with my head stuck in the clouds.

I'm baffled.

"Are you OK? I thought you only watched the wall when something was on your mind..." Kankuro trailed off, his puppet clink as he sat.

"There is something on my mind," I told him gravely. He looked at me surprised.

"Really? What is it?" he asked, I sighed and slumped forward.

"It's Gaara," I informed him.

"Oh? What about him?" he asked, leaning forward a bit so he could see my face.

"He..." I trailed off.

"What? Speak up, not everyone has inuzuka hearing," Kankuro muttered, cupping his ear to exaggerate his point.

"He asked me to marry him..." I squeaked out, my brain still trying to register the whole situation.

"Oh? And what did you say?!" he basically shouted at me, the excitement clear on his face.

"I said... Yes?" I felt like I was questioning myself, "I said yes."

The words finally sunk in as Kankuro grabbed me and pulled me to my feet.

"You said yes!" he shouted happily, "I'm going to have a sister!"

I was smiling but then the words he just said clicked.

"But you have a sister," I pointed out, oblivious to his thoughts.

"You'll be a sister that's not really a gorilla," he muttered with a slight pout before cheering up and hugging me, "so how did Gaara ask?"

My face heated up in all different shades off red before I shook it off and lied. Changing it to we were just sat on his bed then he popped out the question.

"y/n will you marry me?" Gaara asked.

My breath hitched and I found myself staring at him dumbfounded.

"W-what?" I whispered, my voice cracking a little with a higher octave.

"I said," he kissed me and then placed his forehead against mine, him still on top of me, "will you marry me?"

I was blank. The words. They didn't click in my brain. I didn't know how to answer.

"Y-yes?" I blurted out, it seemed more like a question to me but to Gaara it was a unquestioning answer.

His face bore the brightest smile I'd ever seen him wear before. One that was not only happy but in love. It was contagious and I found myself doing the same thing.

"I love you y/n. I love you so much."

He kissed me again, this time much more gently, his arm wrapped around my back, carefully pulling me up and close to him as he kissed me and I kissed him. That feeling of everything freezing returned.

This guy.

He has the weirdest effect on me.

It's like... heaven?

"I love you too, Gaara."

"I'm happy for the both of you," Kankuro smiled sweetly at me, "come on."

"What? Where are we going?" I asked as a ninja took my place and Kankuro dragged me away.

"To get dinner. Temari cooked something our mother used to cook and I was sent to hunt you down," Kankuro told me. I nodded. The house quickly appeared and we entered, moving to the roof where Temari and Gaara were both sat on a large blanket each, Kankuro sat with Temari and I sat beside Gaara.

I felt as stiff as a board.

Come on y/n! Snap the hell out of it!

"So I heard some rumours," Temari started, my eyes caught her dark teal eyes, "that you're going to be working under Shikaku Nara during the war?"

Her eyebrow raised. I looked at her confused.

"I am?" I questioned, Gaara poked my side and nodded.

"I haven't had chance to tell her that yet," Gaara told her, Temari nodded, accepting my confusion.

We sat in silence and ate the food, when I took a bite heavenly flavour filled my mouth and over took my senses so much that I found myself humming happily and smiling as I ate. The three siblings looked at me amused.

"What?" I asked once I'd managed to swall my food.

"You're so cute," Gaara shook his head, I frowned and looked away.

"I'm sorry that the food is nice," I grumbled, the fork in my mouth moving as I spoke and pouted in the opposite direction.

"Anyway," Gaara moved so he could whisper to me, "can we tell them?"

"I kind of already told Kankuro," I whispered back to him. He nodded and moved away.

"I have a fiancé," Gaara said, Temari quickly stood up, Kankuro as well.

Don't tell me he already forgot.

"I know," Kankuro grinned as Temari grabbed me and yanked me rather roughly to my feet.

"I'm getting a sister!" she shouted as she hugged me tightly.

"Running... Out... Of... Air..." I managed to struggle out, she let me go, beaming with happiness.

"This is just what we need, we're in the midst of getting ready for a war. A bit of good news for the village is what everyone needs," she smiled at me, hugging me lightly before letting me go as Gaara wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his head on my shoulder, swaying us slightly as his sand moved around. Eventually we stopped as the sand stopped in front of me, a ring balancing in between its finger like features. It has a little yellow gem in on a silver band. Simple and nice.

I smiled as the sand moved and put it on my ring finger and Gaara kissed my neck.

"OK that's cute..." Kankuro commented, "but I think I might barf if you continue."

I couldn't stop myself from laughing as his dumb comment before leaning into Gaara as he sat us both back onto the blanket.

°🥀°

After a while Temari and Kankuro packed away and went to bed, leaving me and Gaara staring up in the star littered night sky in silence.

"Y/n," Gaara mumbled into my neck. The sensation was tickling the back of my neck. I hummed in response.

"I'm glad you accepted my proposal. I was scared you wouldn't," he mumbled, "because... We haven't, and probably won't be able to, have much time to ourselves."

"Gaara if you think that'll stop me from being with someone I love, then you're completely wrong. Besides, you're the Kazekage first, sibling second and lover third," I replied, a star shot across the sky.

If I was naïve enough not to know that was just a ball of gas, maybe I would've wished for something.

"Thank you, y/n," Gaara whispered, "I love you."

But what's there to wish for when I have everything I want and need here now?

"I love you too Gaara," I replied quietly, lifting his hand that was holding my own and kissing it before closing my eyes and just listening to the surrounding area.

Yeah. Maybe I could wish my parents back but...life doesn't work that way.

I've got the best guy in the world behind me.

I don't need a star to wish upon.

My wish has already been granted.