||67||

Gaara's PoV

Two days before y/n wakes up - at the end of the Pain battle

"Lord Kazekage!" one of the ninja came flying into my office with a scroll.

"Yes?" I looked up as he passed me the scroll.

"We have news from the leaf village, it was attacked by the Akatsuki," they informed me as I opened the scroll. I didn't even begin reading it when my heart started racing.

"Please... get Temari and Kankuro," I said, forcing myself to stay calm. Y/n will be fine, I'm sure of it.

Opening the scroll I read:

'Lord Gaara,

The leaf village was attacked by the leader of the Akatsuki today. Lady Tsunade is out of commission at the present time. As for y/n, she fought hard and was a great asset to the leaf and for that we can't thank her enough. However, she was injured pretty badly during the fight between her, Naruto and the 5 Pains present. We have medical ninja tending to her wounds as I write this. I must suggest that if you wish y/n to return to the sand before she's completely healed up, then you should send someone to get her because she's no well enough to travel long distances alone.

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry to have to send you this news.

- Shizune'

The door opened as I placed the scroll down on the desk and I rested my forehead on my hand and let out a worried sigh.

"Gaara?" Temari called me, I grabbed the scroll and passed it to her. After a while Temari and I'm guessing Kankuro, both gasped.

"We have to get her," Kankuro announced.

"Yes we do," Temari agreed, I looked up.

"I'm coming with you both," I announced, dropping the stupid hat on my head and the robe around me to show my usual ninja attire before grabbing my gourd, "there's no changing my mind either."

"But Gaara, you're the Kazekage! You have to stay at the village!" Temari pressed, I shook my head and called for Baki.

"She's my girlfriend and a member of my village, I have to get her," I protested as Baki entered the room.

"Yes, Lord Gaara?" Baki looked at me.

"You're to look after the village while I'm out, excuse us we're leaving," I told him bluntly, walking out the room while adjusting my gourd, leaving no room for discussion at all.

"Ok Gaara," my siblings nodded, "we need to be quick though."

I nodded and we started sprinting out of the village again.

Your PoV

present time

"Either way it was a success!" Naruto exclaimed, "I beat Nagato with your help, y/n."

"Oh, Naruto, is Mr Gamaken, Gamahiro and chief toad ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, the toad elder called them back to Mount Myoboku and healed them. Old toad geezer and his wife are fine as well," Naruto told me. I smiled.

"That's a relief then," I nodded as a commotion started outside.

"Wonder what's happening out there," Lee muttered to himself as he went to the entry of the tent and started to open it before a familiar blonde girl, hooded boy and red headed boy came barging in, knocking Lee out of the way.

"Y/n!" Temari shouted at me angrily, "you're such a damn idiot!"

"I am?" I asked, this time all the leaf ninja turned around and shouted 'yes' at me in unison with Temari and Kankuro as Gaara approached me. He reached me and grabbed my non bandaged arm and pulled me up. Obviously checking me for injuries.

"Gaara, I'm fine," I tried to push him away but instead he hugged me tightly.

"You're not leaving the sand without Temari or Kankuro ever again," he told me with an annoyed growl.

"Oh yay, my freedom has been stipped," I rolled my eyes and spoke sarcastically before pushing him off me and sitting back down.

"Don't do that," Gaara frowned, "I'm just trying to protect you."

"Whatever," I grumbled, "I'm extremely bored can I leave yet?"

"No," Sakura responded, "you're not fit to even walk alone!"

"That's why they're here," I pointed at the sand siblings, "so I'll ask again, can I leave?"

"I'll get Shizune," she announced before walking out the tent. The ninja were looking at me confused.

"You came here remember?" Naruto reminded me, I nodded.

"So I did. But I'm bored. I can't help it if I'm extremely bored, now can I?" I asked him.

"Why not spar with me then?" Lee asked, hopping from foot to foot, "I didn't get to fight and I want to fight with you again, y/n."

"Lee," Tenten started, "did you forget that y/n can't move?"

"I can move, people just think I can't," I sighed, "I hate not being able to move around!"

"So that's why you're acting like this?" Kiba asked, I nodded, "I completely understand. I hate being tied down too! But sometimes you just need to sit and relax."

"I can only relax when I am--" I started before Gaara placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Playing your violin?" he finished, I nodded and smiled at him.

"We were in a rush to get here so we didn't bring it, sorry," Temari apologised.

"It's OK... Wait--" I just remembered something, "what happened to my plants?"

"Your plants?" Choji repeated.

"Yeah, the ones I made in the hospital," I told him.

"You mean those tiny plant people?" Shikamaru asked, I nodded, "they're in the crater I believe. People tried to get rid of them but they said they won't move until they're told to."

"That's my fault. If you're so adamant that I don't walk alone then someone help me there?" I asked, Gaara picked me up bridal style.

"Where's this crater?" Gaara asked as I smiled at this dumb position we were in.

"It's not hard to miss, follow us," Naruto announced before they all started leading Gaara to the massive hole in the ground.

"It's not even missable," Gaara muttered as we looked over the crater that was absolutely covered with little plant soldiers.