||37||

Edited: 09/05/24
Reuploaded: 10/05/24

°🥀°
Five days later_

Me and Temari had been back in the village for some time, just enjoying life. Or—I was enjoying it a bit more than she was as every time I saw her she was either training genin or doing paperwork. I was just chilling out going from ceiling to sofa to bed or working the patrol on the wall with Jiro. Our peace was nice but last night it was ruined.

We received word of a terrible event that'd swept across the leaf village and left it heartbroken.

One of the two deaths that ripped my heart to shreds no matter how many times I'd read or watched the event itself happen in the normal world.

Asuma Sarutobi was dead.

I was now sat in Gaara's office with the sand siblings. It was silent. The only sound in the room was our breathing and the occasional movement of me turning the page of my book. I honestly felt awkward just sitting around so I brought a book with me but honestly, I wasn't reading it. I was just turning pages at this point.

Asuma's death is hitting harder than it usually does because now he's a real person to me. I met him. I spoke with him. I had a small picnic with him. I fought along side him, even if it was short. He was real. He was no longer a flat image on a screen or sketched across a piece of paper. He was a real, living, breathing human being.

I took a peak at the three sand ninja. Temari looked depressed as hell, Kankuro looked slightly angry, and Gaara was exhausted. Insomnia had caught up with him again. I sighed.

We weren't told who had killed him, but I knew. It was the Akatsuki, Hidan and Kakuzu. I know deep down I hoped that I could change things but until now since Gaara's attack, I honestly had little grasp on the timeline. It's hard to know just where in the story you are when you're living in a village that the storyline doesn't circle around. But now knowing that Asuma is now dead means that the events of this world is about to kick it up a notch soon. Itachi will die soon, and Sasuke will get a bit lost in understanding just what the hell was going on in Itachi's storyline and the Paths of Pain will attack. But still, I don't have a strong understanding just when everything is going to happen.

It's not so easy when you can't just pick up your phone and google the timeline and figure out just how much of a gap in time is between everything.

I watched the siblings for a moment before letting out a small sigh. They're too tense. Turning a page again, I began to hum the low tune of one of my favourite songs, strangely, I can't remember it's title or the artist who created right at this moment, but I do remember that it was one of my comfort songs for a reason. The three glanced over to me and I pretended not to notice as I gradually smiled as I recalled listening to this song with my father back at home. He really could be a dork sometimes.

I hummed as much of the song as I could remember before stopping and glancing up at the siblings who looked a little... less stressed now.

"That was nice," Temari smiled slightly before a small tear rolled down the side of her cheek before she could catch it. I couldn't help but to stare at her in shock before throwing myself off the sofa and frantically moved over to her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Stop crying, you'll make me cry," I told her quickly as she hugged me and kept crying.

Why was she crying so much? She wasn't close with Asuma? I guess it's just stuff you don't see in the series? Though I didn't even consider that that could be a thing...

I just patted her back and rubbed circles to try help her calm down again.

I don't know what to do! This isn't my thing. I need Yue over here for these kinds of situations.