||58||

Gaara's PoV

She said yes!

Y/n said yes.

I spun the girl around again and then pulled her into me.

"I'm glad you said yes," I told her. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad I said yes too," she replied before yawning.

"Time to get you to bed," I joked before having my sand move us to her room, "see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," she nodded before going to her drawers and pulling out some clothes. I left her room and went into my own before lying down.

Y/n. The most perfect girl I've laid my eyes on. Is my girlfriend. My world just brightened up a whole lot.

Your PoV

I woke up to not the sun like I was hoping. But to Temari falling down next to me on my bed. I turned on my side and looked at her.

"What're you doing?" I asked her.

"Coming to find out what happened on your little date," Temari replied with a shrug, "so... Tell me everything."

I sighed. She's just like Sugina. If she knows someone's on a date, she will bug them for all the "juicy details". Whatever that means...

"We had dinner, spoke and then I taught him to dance," I told her.

"And?" she asked.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend," I told her, she gasped and sat up, looking at me like a puppy.

"What did you say?" she asked excitedly.

"Well I zoned out for a moment because it's the first time someone has asked me out before but I said yes," I told her. She sqreamed and knocked me back onto my back as she hugged me.

"Finally!" she shouted before getting up and pulling me out of the bed, "by the way, breakfast is ready. Come on."

"Is that why you came in here originally?" I asked her, she looked away sheepishly but nodded. I sighed and followed her out the room and to the kitchen bellow where Kankuro was sat with a big grin and Gaara was slightly flushed. I sat down across from Gaara and Temari next to me. She grinned at her brother as I grabbed and apple and started cutting it.

I felt all eyes on me while I was eating.

"What? Am I not allowed to eat?" I asked, looking around the table at the three staring children.

I closed my eyes and continued to eat, I don't even know what they want but I finished eating my apple, washed my plate then returned upstairs before coming back down changed into my normal day to day clothes and I had a book. I fell onto the sofa and laid my legs out while reading.

"A little birdy told me that Gaara has a girlfriend now," Kankuro says as they move into the living room, Gaara lifted my legs and sat where the were before letting me rest them on his legs like when we were in the office.

"And that girlfriend also lives with us," Kankuro continued. If he's trying to tease me, it's not working. I'm 100% immune to the teases of Kankuro and Temari.

"Really?" I asked, as I read the book, "that little birdy is extremely smart for an animal that can't talk. Isn't it?"

"Would you happen to know who this girlfriend is?" Kankuro asked me.

"Maybe I do... Maybe I don't. Who Gaara dates is his business and not yours, dear Kankuro," I told him, not moving my gaze from the words on the book. It was one of these books that had a terrible beginning, boring and just a drop dead snooze. But it's supposed to have a good end so I'll read it for the ending.

"Man she's cold," Kankuro muttered. I peeked over my book to see an extremely disappointed Gaara glaring at the floor. Sighing I talk again.

"But yes, Kankuro, I know who his girlfriend is because it's me," I told him, looking at him out the corner of my eye, I see his mouth hanging open, "Don't close your mouth and a family of flies might relocate."

He quickly closed his mouth and then I felt myself being picked up. I don't know whether it's because I'm light or just because they know I won't fight against them picking me up, but I really want to know why these two idiots keep picking me up.

"That's awesome!" Kankuro shouted in my ear before turning me around and putting me back on the sofa, this time my legs were hanging over the arm of the sofa and my back was pressed up against Gaara's side.

I covered my face with my book. I don't want to do this this early in the morning.

Feeling Gaara move, I lift the book to see he'd adjusted himself so we'd both be sat comfortably. Considering this is the first time he's had a bond like this, I got to say, he's good... He knows what he's doing.

"Don't you two have training to do?" I asked, looking at the older siblings, they looked at me confused, "with the new genin?"

"Bloody hell, is that the time?" Temari shouted jumping up, "come on Kankuro or we'll never live it down!"

"I'm coming!" he shouted back before they both races out the house. I rolled my eyes at the sight. Those two are just the weirdest duo.

I looked up to see Gaara staring at me.

"What?" I asked, he looked away and I reached up and turned his face back to mine, "if you have something to ask then ask it, but please do look at me while your talking not only is it courtesy but it is also a sign of respect."

His eyes widened at my words but he nodded.

"c-can I... Kiss you?" he asked me, I smiled and nodded.

"You know you don't have to ask, right?" I asked him, he just shrugged and leaned forward. I was expecting a cheek or a forehead kiss but no, I got a peck on the lips.

I smiled and kissed him properly before pulling away and sitting up.

"Now, you have paper work to do," I reminded him. He sighed and stood up.

"I think you're going to be more of a distraction than a help at the moment. Why don't you patrol the North Wall?" he suggested. I nodded and put my book down before pulling on the spare sandals in the doorway and then leaving.

"See you later!" I called before running to the North Wall. Or the entrance to Sunagakure.