||32||

Edited: 03/05/24
Reuploaded: 03/05/24

°🥀°

Old (left) – New (right)
¬ Vine Cage (landscape jutsu) = Vine Ensnarement Jutsu
¬ Natural Hearing (tree dance) = Leaf Whisper Jutsu
¬ Root Grab (landscape jutsu) = Root Snare Jutsu
¬ Steel whip (tree dance) = Steal Whip Jutsu
¬ Natural surveillance (tree dance) = Natural Surveillance Jutsu
¬ Plant army (tree dance) = Plant Army Jutsu
¬ Liana clones (tree dance) = Liana Clone Jutsu
¬ Shallow plant (landscape jutsu) = Plant Phasing Jutsu
¬ Tree tracking (landscape jutsu) = Tree Tracking
¬ Tracking tools = Tracking tools

°🥀°

"Come on, y/n! Don't leave me tied here while you all eat in front of me," Naruto whined from where my plant army had tied him up on the other side of the stream and on a tree.

"Your own fault, Naruto. You should've been watching where you were going," Asuma called over to him, Naruto just huffed defeated and mildly annoyed.

"I'm sure you can chew your way through those vines with the power of youth!" Guy shouted over to Naruto while giving him a sparkling smile and a thumbs up.

It's like they're cut from the same cloth.

I just shook my head at them and released the vines.

"I'm only releasing you because you're beginning to annoy me," I told him reluctantly as he cheered and ran over to us again.

"By the way, y/n, what's that?" Ino asked, pointing at my violin case.

"It's a case," I replied bluntly, eating a strange sweet I've never seen before.

"Yeah, I can see that, I mean, what's inside it?" she asked again. I smiled and finished my food before cleaning my hands and then opening the violin case and pulling out my violin and bow.

"This is my violin," I told them, "oh and this is the bow that you use to play the violin."

"That's an interesting instrument, I've never seen one of those before," Kurenai pointed out.

(sorry guys, I can't actually remember whether there are violins in the Naruto world so we'll just say there aren't any so I don't look like a complete fool ^^; — 2024 a/n: I still don't know so we're sticking with this)

"Do you use it for your ninjutsu?" Lee asked me, leaning forward to get a better look at it.

"No?" I replied, almost questioning myself. Why would I use it to hurt others or protect myself? It's for fun. For music. I think my mother would be rolling in her grave if she knew I used the violin to hurt people...

"C-can you p-play it?" Hinata asked me slowly.

"Just because such a cutie asked, I will," I replied standing up and putting the shoulder rest onto my violin before putting it on my shoulder, "what to play... what to play..."

I looked off in the distance, trying to think of what to play before getting an idea. I raised the bow and began to play one of my favourite pieces, (whatever you want).

Shino's PoV

We watched as y/n raised the bow, as she called it, and started sliding it gracefully across the strings creating a beautiful sound.

We all were silent as she played, the music ringing through the whole area. Echoing from tree to tree like she was calling for someone to come and play with her, or to dance with her music. Like this was normal, but she was missing something, someone?

I was left speechless more than usual, left unable to think straight. The notes worked well together and created the perfect song.

A song I've never heard before.