||91||

"You're what?" Temari asked.

"I'm pregnant," I repeated for the sixth time.

"For how long?" Kankuro asked, his eyes wide.

"When I first went to Tsunade about it she said about 3 or 4 weeks, that was after the fight with the cloud nin with the nine tails' chakra," I replied, "so, I'd say the second day of war?"

"So you mean to say, you went out fighting, knowing you were pregnant?" Gaara asked, suddenly a weird look flashed across his face as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him, "Idiot."

"I didn't know I was pregnant until Ino and Tsunade told me," I replied slightly tiredly.

"Why didn't we get told until now?" Temari asked.

"It would've distracted you," I replied, "a distracted shinobi always ends in death."

"She's right," I felt gaara nod from behind me, "I'm glad you waited."

"I was debating on whether I should tell you or not," I replied honestly.

"Why?" Kankuro asked.

"I was scared... I guess," I shrugged, "what if you guys didn't want this sudden change to happen? Then what would I do?"

"We'd never do that!" Temari exclaimed as I was turned around by Gaara. His grip on me softened as his gaze did as well.

"You're our family, y/n, you always will be," he told me, "nothing would change that. This is something we all will get through as a family."

I smiled and leaned forward, resting my forehead against his chest and just thinking about how thankful I am that these are the people I'm with.

But... I still can't remember. I can't remember all those memories that I lost in that darkness.

"Can I tell you guys something?" I asked, they all hummed, "I can't remember anything that doesn't relate to this world."

"What?" Temari asked.

"I can't remember my home town, my friends, my family, I can't remember my school name or my teachers, I can't remember my schedule or anything like that," I told them, "I can't even remember how I got to this world anymore."

"How's that possible?" Kankuro asked.

"When I did my jutsu, it all went black and I'm sure that I saw a memory but then... It was gone and no matter how hard I tried, it all just disappeared, the memories that linked to that version of me. Now all that's left is what has happened in this world," I told them, "it's like the darkness stole everything and made me forget what I used to be."

"It doesn't matter," Gaara mumbled, "You're not going back there, you've got us, you've got all our friends and our village now. You don't need those memories, just focus on making new ones."

I nodded and we all fell silent.

We stayed quiet for a while before Kankuro broke it while grinning.

"I'm going to be an uncle," he grinned a wide, excited childlike grin.

"And I'm going to be an aunt!" Temari exclaimed happily.

"I'm going to be a dad," Gaara said, with a small smile.

"I'm going to be a mother," I nodded, "and I'm going to make sure my child has a mother when I did not."

Or at least I can't remember having a mother...

I felt Gaara nod from behind me. They didn't have their mother either. We were all in the same boat on that aspect.

°🥀°

"So were there any survivors or not? Stop being so cryptic and just tell me!" I snapped at Shizune, I'm getting bored of this game of 'let's not tell y/n anything'.

"There were two survivors, yourself and Ao of the hidden mist," she finally gave me a straight answer and it was not one that I wanted.

"So I didn't help anyone out much," I looked down sadly.

"The best thing is you tried to, y/n, you really did!" she started to try and console me but I was just feeling an increasing sadness, "all their bodies are being sent to their villages as we speak and we'll be leaving soon as well."

I just nodded and turned and walked out the tent.

What a joke... I used my energy to do nothing, I changed nothing, people died anyway.

°🥀°

Myself and the sand siblings walked back into our home.

"I've never been so happy to see this place," Kankuro sighed as he flopped down on one of the arm chairs, "I'm so happy to have a seat that isn't wooden or the floor."

I nodded in agreement when I sat on the three man sofa with Gaara and one side of me and Temari on the other.

"So when's this wedding going to go down?" Temari asked, "because we're going to invite everyone."

"Everyone?" both myself and Gaara repeated.

"Yeah, like the leaf ninja, those friendly cloud ninja, the four other kage, you know.... The usual," she listed off names, counting on her fingers as she did.

"It's that a bit of over kill?" I asked, "I mean... It's not like after all this they want to be travelling again. They'll all want to stay at home and just relax with their families."

"Trust me, if they're anything like most people, they'll get board reeeeaaal quickly and they'll want missions and stuff ASAP," Kankuro butted in.

I mean... He's not wrong.

"So shall we have the wedding at the end of the month? It'll be a great break for everyone to just relax and have a bit of fun as a group," Temari suggested, I looked over to Gaara, he nodded so I nodded as well, "Great! I'm going to start planning right now!"

And with that she went sprinting away.

"Where did all that energy come from anyway?" I muttered before lifting my feet up where Temari was previously and laying my head on Gaara's thighs, "man I'm exhausted."