||26||

Edited: 02/05/24
Reuploaded: 03/05/24

°🥀°

Gaara had fallen asleep, using my shoulder as a cushion. He looked incredibly at peace. He must've been a lot more tired than he looked.

"He had the whole village searching for you, you know?" Kankuro told me quietly.

"Really? Why the hell would he do that when you're just calming down after a crisis?" I asked them, keeping my voice low so he doesn't wake up.

"Because he cares for you, y/n. Even if it seems a bit strange and rushed. He really does care," Temari smiled slightly, "he's not alone though, me and Kankuro weren't taking no for an answer either. You saved our little brother and you're our friend! We would never leave you to be kidnapped or disappear."

"I see... I bet the council was completely against you searching for me. Especially Baki," I replied, looking down at my hands. Honestly, I'd only interacted with Baki a few times but his attitude towards me is clear. I'd have to be blind to miss those obvious signs.

"Yeah, but Gaara then pulled out a really good point and it shut him up fast," Kankuro said with a proud smile. I couldn't help but to smile before looking back down at the red head.

Well, it certainly makes me feel a lot better about my place here knowing that they think about me the same way I do them.

"Y/n?" Temari got my attention, "can I ask how you feel towards my brother?"

My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks burning. I quickly pulled the collar of my shirt over my nose to hide my sudden fluster.

Why the hell is she asking me that?

Can't a girl just peacefully exist anymore? Damn, Temari—

"Well—I—uhm—" I stammered, and the two siblings just chuckled, I adjusted Gaara's position against my shoulder and then stood up. I need to clear my head now. I was about to walk away and go on a walk when someone grabbed my wrist. I looked down to see Gaara staring back up at me.

"Stay," he told me. I just sighed. If he stays here to sleep he's going to get a bad neck, back, and regret his entire waking existence for doing so soon enough.

"You should probably go to bed, you know?" I told him.

"Come with me then," he tells me. My face just seemed to burn even more.

Excuse me?!

"Do you even know what you're saying?!" I exclaimed, flustered. Temari and Kankuro were just laughing. I'm glad I can be your entertainment. Stop laughing.

Gaara just continued to looked at me with a poker face before what he said registered in his head and he quickly let go of my hand, disappeared in a fume of sand before anyone could really get another word in.

"B-bloody hell," I muttered before turning to the two siblings laughing their guts out, "you two go to bed as well."

"We're going. We're going," Temari said through her laughs. I was then in the room all alone, standing in my silence.

I can't believe he said that with a completely straight face.

I was covering mine with my shirt and my hands.

"Snap out of it, y/n. It's not like he likes you or you like him," I quickly told myself before grabbing my violin and walking up to the roof of the building. I popped open the case and started tuning the f/c coloured instrument up, let's just kill some time.

After playing a few basic scales, I stand and look out over the village before putting bow to strings and playing one of my favourite songs while humming a little bit along with my tune.