||50||

Tsunade's PoV

I'm plotting my escape from this paper work.

Shall I fake an illness? No. Shizune is a medical nin trained by myself, she'll pick it up too easily...

Shall I run away? No. Shizune will have the whole ninja force searching for me...

Shizune really is a problem sometimes...

"Lady Tsunade!" Shizune shouted, I looked at her sighed but continued to stamp the sheet of paper every time she placed it in front of me until the door flew open.

"Lady Tsunade, y/n she's awake," Kankuro shouted, I've never been so happy to know someone is awake.

"Alright! Let's go and check her," I say cheerfully now that I don't have to do paper work, "Shizune put all this drastic work away."

"You're doing it as soon as we get back," she tells me sternly but I was already out the door so I pretended I didn't hear her.

°🥀°

"Y/n, just respond with a nod or a squeeze on my hand in response to my questions, OK?" I told her, "one squeeze for yes, no squeeze for no. Do you understand?"

She looked like she was trying to nod but sighed and gave up before I grabbed her hand and she squeezed me once.

"Can you move?" I asked her, "even if it's just a little bit?"

She squeeze me weakly.

"Can you move your fingers?" I asked, she moved them a little and then squeezed my hand, "your arms?"

She didn't seem to try she just looked away, I nodded in thought when she didn't squeeze my hand.

"Are you hurting anywhere?" she squeezed my hand, "I'm going to press my fingers on you. Squeeze me when it hurts, ok?"

She squeezed my hand in acknowledgment and then I used my free hand and pressed my index finger and middle finger lightly on her right leg, she didn't squeeze, I pressed on her left leg and she squeezed. I then moved to her stomach, she didn't squeeze, I pressed her arms, she didn't squeeze but then I moved to her neck and she managed to get a lot of strength into squeezing my hand so much that I pulled both hands away and looked to she the hand she was holding had done white from the pressure.

"What happened to her?" Temari asked.

"She managed to put a lot of strength into squeezing my hand when I went to her neck. It must hurt her a lot," I replied before unwrapping the bandage around her neck to see a wound that looked like it was created by something sharp.

"Shizune, come take a look at this," I called her, she walked over and leaned forward to see what I was looking at.

"Looks like she was attacked by someone who seemed to overpower her when she got tired and attacked her throat with something sharp. Nothing like a kunai or a shuriken though," she concluded what I was thinking.

"Something like a kitchen knife," we said in unison. Y/n grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"You mean we hit the nail on the head?" I asked, she squeezed my hand again, "well, it seems we have a bit more healing to do."

"She'll be left with a light scar though," Shizune pointed out. I sighed.

"A scar is better than death," I said before starting to heal her up properly with Shizune on the other side of the bed adding help whenever I needed.

After about half an hour, we finally finished healing, the wound was closed and there was a faintish scar where it was previously.

"Let's see, squeeze if it hurts," I tell her before pressing my fingers against her neck lightly again, this time she shook her head, "you can move it now too? So it was this wound that was hurting you was the reason why you couldn't move your head. Can you try talk? Just say a random thing."

"T-tha-thank y-you," she forced out while attempting a weak but sincere smile.

"No problem. Rest up. You should be strong enough to talk and sit up in a few days. For now I'll have the hospital give you only liquids. When you can move around better then you'll be put onto solid foods again. You'll stay here until I feel you're strong enough to leave," I told her before turning around to see Shizune smiling evilly at me, "what're you planning?"

"Time to get back to the paper work," she says.

"No!" I complained as she dragged me out the hospital and back to the office.

What a pain....

I don't want to wooooooork..

Temari's PoV

We watched as Shizune dragged Lady Tsunade out the room by the back of her collar as Tsunade shouted 'no'.

"That was oddly amusing," Kankuro chuckled, I nodded and then sat on the stool beside y/n's bed, Kankuro pulled a stool up next to me.

"How're you feeling?" I asked.

"B-b-better..." she forced out before sighing.

"You're bored right? You want to run around? Rest and you'll be up in no time," Kankuro says enthusiastically with his bright smile. I nodded and she smiled before closing her eyes and sleeping.