||7||

Edited: 19/01/24
Reuploaded: 21/01/24

°🥀°

We decided to stop and eat in one of the soup places since the lizard stuff is... it's taking me a minute to adjust to the interesting taste, as we ate we just spoke to each other about random things. You know, getting to know each other a bit more but while still making sure I seem like an amnesiac. In all technicalities, I guess I am an amnesiac in the sense that I know nothing about my OCs, and now I guess, my in Naruto world's backstory. I wrote the damn thing, yet I don't remember a single thing about it. Just had to make sure any information I did decide to spare him sounded more like a random, distant memory of kinds.

"Alright, Gaara. I have an idea. Back at home, I used to do this thing with my friends where if we hadn't seen each other for a while we'd ask 10 questions back and forth. It was a quicker way to catch up with them," I tell him, he nodded with a look of curiosity. I didn't really know how to spin that in a lighter way, so I was honestly glad when he didn't comment on that obvious 'used to do this thing with my friends' line I put in there.

"Sounds interesting, how does it work?" he asked. I smiled.

"First we do rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first," I say, putting my fist out. He looked at me confused for a moment and for a second I wondered if rock, paper, scissors doesn't exist or if this is one of those signs of a bad childhood coming through. I quickly taught him the rules and then reset my fist again and he copied me. We did a round of rock, paper, scissors, he won with paper and myself with rock. I'd like to say I went easy on him but I genuinely thought he was going to go scissors.

"And now you ask a question, I answer it truthfully and then I ask you a question, you answer, and we do this back and forth until we've asked 10 questions each because 20 is a bit much," I told him, he nodded and started thinking as I just drank the last of my soup and thanked the cook as he took the bowl back, bowing his head to me in return.

(for the sake of my writing laziness, we'll just say, normal text = you, italics = Gaara, underlined things are the questions)

"Do you like it here in Sunagakure?" he asked me.

"Yes I do, it's warmer here than home though, well, that I mildly remember. Sometimes I don't know how you cope," I replied before thinking of a question for him.

"What do you enjoy doing when you're off Kazekage duties?" I asked.

"Hmm... I like to sit down to read. But it's rare that I have anytime for myself anymore. Being Kazekage isn't something you can simply take a break from. Now for you, would you consider living here permanently after you regained your memories?"

"I don't really know. I could. But I feel like not many people are comfortable with a half dead girl appearing on the front porch of the village and then moving in like it's all just peachy... I've seen the way people look at me around here... Anyway, do you have any goals?"

"Other than becoming Kazekage, which I've already done, I guess, just to be respected by everyone in the village. Make friends. Maybe start a family? For now, I am satisfied with what I have though. I'll ask you the same question. Do you have any goals?"

"Not really. I should figure one out— actually, scratch that, I do have a goal. I want to remember things and possibly get home while becoming great friends with a certain sand trio. As for you, do you have anyone that is extremely precious to you?"

"My siblings, friends and the whole village. What's your home like?"

"... I'm unsure. I think it was nice. Peaceful, possibly. Although, I remember there are wars happening all over. But I think I still love it there regardless because my family and friends are there. Who's you favourite person in the leaf village? Why?"