||55||

"So, it's not that we don't need the extra help, but why are you here, y/n?" Jiro asked me as I was sat on the edge of the Eastern wall "on patrol". Actually avoiding Gaara.

His expression has warmed up a little bit but its still hard to look at him. I'm frustrated to not be able to but every time I look at him, my body freezes up and starts shaking. Then my mind goes and looks over the memories of the guy who killed me.

"I just feel like watching the desert all day," I lied, I could feel him judging me like crazy from behind but he didn't question it and continued patrolling.

Gaara's PoV

"She's avoiding me. It doesn't take a genius to see that!" I snapped.

"She wouldn't be if you didn't wipe your own memory because you didn't want to keep feeling as lonely!" Temari snapped back, frustrated.

The door flew open and in walked Kankuro.

"Tracked her down. She's on the Eastern Wall," he tells us.

The past few days (after I heard y/n playing her music) I close my eyes and images and memories would replay. I have all my memories back, that music was like a trigger for it. Y/n switched the switch but she didn't stick around to see it turn on again. She's avoided me every day ever since and it's starting to get on my nerves because I remember her and I just want to talk to her again.

"Well...?" Temari asked me expectantly, she and Kankuro were halfway out the door, "you coming or are you going to sulk all day?"

I huffed and stood up.

"I'm coming," I replied before meeting them and walking with them to the Eastern wall to see y/n just peacefully sat watching the desert closely.

We were about to approach her when a guy comes over to her and they start talking. She laughs and I frown.

Jealously is an ugly thing, Gaara, stop now.

"Y/n!" Temari calls, she looks away from the man and towards us, we approach them.

"Lord Kazekage, Lady Temari, Lord Kankuro," the man greeted us. This is that Jiro guy who called us over here months ago, isn't it?

"Hello," y/n smiles and avoids eye contact.

"Can we borrow y/n? You don't need her to patrol right now, do you?" Kankuro asked, Jiro shook his head and gave y/n a little push.

"Go on, we're all good up here," Jiro assures her, she exhales a sigh before walking towards us.

I'm going to get her back. I'm going to get her back today.

Your PoV

We were walking back to Gaara's office in complete silence until Kankuro decided he would pry into my life.

"So, who's the guy with y/n's attention?" he asked me. I glared at him.

"He's called Jiro. I became friends with him when I was waiting for Temari to go to the Leaf," I replied, "no I haven't fallen in love with him, before you ask."

"Who says I was going to?" he asked me with a frown.

"You're Kankuro. I'm sure you don't mean to say some stuff, but you do," I replied. He huffed and stomped off like a 7 year old who's just been told they're not allowed any sweets.

We reached Gaara's office, Gaara perched on the end of his desk, Temari and Kankuro sat on the sofa, leaving me to stand...

I just stare out the window.

It's silent.

"Y/n," I hear Gaara call me. I just hum in acknowledgement. The door opened and closed and I turned to see Kankuro and Temari had left.

Gaara was stood behind me but quite a distance away, I just looked out the window again.

"Y/n, look at me please," he begs, I didn't move or turn around, I just stared straight ahead. Next thing I know, I'm being hugged from behind by a familiar pair of arms. Gaara.

"It's me. I remember you. I remember everything. Your music...it triggered my memories. Please look at me, not in fear but the way you used to," he begged, I could feel him rest his head on my shoulder and I wanted to look at him and see if he was telling the truth...but I can't move...

"Gaara," I started, my tone not changing, "let me go."

He held on tighter for a moment before hesitantly letting me go.

I turned to face him and searched his sad eyes for anything.

It was Gaara. The Gaara i knew and still know.

I smiled.

"I can see its you Gaara," I replied before pulling him into a hug. A proper hug and not a, stop y/n from moving, hug. He hesitated for a while, obviously unsure but he eventually hugged me back. After a while I pulled away.

"I have some explaining to do and it's going to take a while, it might even change your look on me. But please, always remember I am y/n, the same girl who is in front of you now," I told him, he nodded and turned, taking seat on the sofa.

I stood in front of him about half way down the room and started explained who I really was and where I'm really from.

°🥀°

Gaara just sat in silence.

Not saying anything.

I moved and knelt in front of him and looked up at his face.

"Please say something, Gaara," I begged. He just looked down at me before resting his forehead against mine.

"You're still y/n? You're not going to leave again?" he asked, I nodded and then shook my head.

"I can't leave. Unless you want me out of Suna, then I'll leave," I assured him. He shook his head.

"I never want you to leave Suna or my side," He whispered before kissing my forehead. I was startled at his sudden action.

"Oh! Sorry!" he quickly pulled away, his face was bright red, "I should've asked."

My shocked expression changed to an amused one.

"Don't ask to show your emotions," I whispered before leaning up and kissing him on the cheek, "now you have paper work to do and I have two siblings to punch because they've been eavesdropping."

I told him pointing at the stacks of paper on his desk and then at the door where loud shuffling was heard as soon as I said it.

"Don't kill them," he smiled.

"I won't," I nodded before leaving the room. I closed the door and leaned against it for a while. Temari and Kankuro were on the opposite wall smirking at me.

"So... You and Gaara are a thing, huh?" Temari teased. I stuck my tongue out and smacked them both on their heads.

"Eavesdropping is rude. And no, we're not a thing," I replied before adding really quietly, "unless he wants to be."

"What was that?" Kankuro asked, cupping his ear to exaggerate.

"n-nothing!" I exclaimed before grabbing their wrists, "I'm starved. Buy me food?"

"Guess we have to. It's been a while since you've eaten sunagakure's delicacies," Temari sighed.