||14||

Edited: 30/03/24
Reuploaded: 30/03/24

°🥀°

Old (left) – New (right)
¬ Vine Cage (landscape jutsu) = Vine Ensnarement Jutsu
¬ Natural Hearing (tree dance) = Leaf Whisper Jutsu
¬ Root Grab (landscape jutsu) = Root Snare Jutsu
¬ Steel whip (tree dance) = Steal Whip Jutsu
¬ Natural surveillance (tree dance) = Natural Surveillance Jutsu
¬ Plant army (tree dance) = Plant Army Jutsu
¬ Liana clones (tree dance) = Liana Clone Jutsu
¬ Shallow plant (landscape jutsu) = Plant Phasing Jutsu
¬ Tree tracking (landscape jutsu) = Tree Tracking
¬ Tracking tools = Tracking tools

°🥀°

I looked at them seriously before starting to explain, "see that up there? That's a seal. I don't know what kind, but what I do know, there will be some kind of test to break through it. Physical force alone will not be enough to break it. Once you're inside, you'll will be greeted by two Akatsuki, Gaara and myself. Although, Lord Gaara and I will not be of much help to you. I'm running out of energy. For now, this plant will help you as much as possible later on. I'm sorry I can't keep this up to help you properly, good luck."

I didn't even get to decide what to do next because I was immediately released from the jutsu against my own will. I guess I'm too physically exhausted to keep going. I sighed and opened my eyes slowly, looking up at the two Akatsuki stood over head. The room had emptied to just the two of them, so the others must've left while I was briefing the guys outside.

"It's getting noisy out there," Pain stated after the sound of what I'm assuming was Guy's attempt to break down the seal with brute force echoed through the cave. Did I or did I not literally just tell them physical force would not be enough to break it? Why'd I even bother?

"It looks like we've got ourselves some expected visitors," Kisame said.

"But which group is it now?" Deidara asked, "the one my man, Kisame was stalling or perhaps..."

"Both," Zetsu answered slowly, "both. It's both groups."

"So they all arrived at the same time..." Kisame almost sounded amused by the fact, "interesting. But what a pity. They're too late."

Way to drive the nail into the bed, you murderer.

"It seems like one of them is a jinchuriki," Sasori announced with a low laugh before looking to Itachi, "oh don't be jealous now, Itachi."

He wasn't even dignified with a response which was fair enough honestly.

"Well? Shouldn't we get this show on the road? We've got company outside to deal with and there's still the small matter of a mission we have to complete," Hidan asked, breaking a silence that had awkwardly fallen across the cave for a few moments.

Or well, I found it awkward, but maybe social vibes isn't in these guys' dictionary. It would make sense honestly.

"Yes..." Zetsu agreed, "let's get going."

"What about the intruders?" Kakuzu asked.

"I wouldn't lose too much sleep over them," Kisame replied, "we don't even know if they can get in here."

"Don't—" Itachi started, "underestimate them. You should know better, Kisame."

Ooo—Itachi whipping out the 'you lost to Might Guy in a battle TWICE' like that—friendly fire!

Kisame just laughed, "well... they do have brute strength going for them. I'll give them that."

"Sasori," Pain called out, "Deidara. Take care of our new... friends... outside."