||53||

Just a quick thanks to everyone voting especially @RosemarieeRedess who has voted on every chapter. Thanks lovely ~❦

°🥀°

"y/n?" Jiro looked at me like I was a ghost.

"Hello Jiro. How longs it been?" I greeted him with a smile.

"Quite a few months! Where were you?" he asked. A few...

"Temari you didn't tell me it was a few months!" I shouted turning to see her and Kankuro whistling and avoiding eye contact innocently. I just sighed and looked at Jiro.

"I almost died. It's all good now, I'm here," I replied nonchalantly before walking past him and into the village.

When we reached the entrance to the Kazekage's office building Temari and Kankuro moved in front of me with worried expressions.

"You sure you want to do this?" Kankuro asked me.

"Yes. I need to see this for myself," I nodded, he and Temari shared a look before sighing and he pulled something out his pocket.

"The leaf ninja found your headband a little off the cliff you disappeared off," he tells me, I smiled and he tied it around my arm where it was the last time I saw it. I smiled.

"I feel like one with the village again," I joked before we started making our way up the levels and to Gaara's office. I kept at the back of the group, though.

"Gaara?" Temari called as she knocked on the door. It opened and she walked in, then Kankuro but he stopped me at the doorway and told me to wait a minute.

"Gaara we have a guest. A friend who went missing a while ago but the leaf village found her a week ago and now she's back," Temari announced.

"Really?" I heard Gaara's voice, he sounded interested but like he didn't believe her.

"Come on," Kankuro called me. Taking a deep breath I step into the room and close the door behind me before falling in line with Temari and Kankuro.

Gaara frowned and looked at me like he was picking his brain to put a name to my face.

"Gaara. I believe its been a few months since I last saw you. I apologise for leaving you for so long," I gave him an innocent smile, he looked at me confused. I bit the inside of my mouth, trying to hold myself back from doing anything stupid.

"Who are you--" he asked before averting his view to his siblings, "who is she?"

"She's... the girl that you admired the most, Gaara. It's f/n l/n," Temari replied. She was obviously struggling to choose the right words to explain.

"F/n l/n?" he repeated, leaning back in his chair as he thought. This is a side of Gaara I've never seen before. His eyes are empty and...cold?

Every time he looks at me I can't help but feel a shiver. It's intense. Terrifying. Like I'm looking into the eyes of my murderer again.

I unconsciously staggered back a few steps causing everyone to look at me.

"Sorry, I guess I lied to myself and you guys. I can't..." I apologised, shaking my head and then spinning on my heels and starting to walk towards the door before I'm stopped by some force. I looked down to see sand.

"Who are you to me?" I turned to see Gaara looking desperate but his eyes hadn't changed. I looked away to avoid those steely cold orbs.

"I don't know," I replied.

"Fine-- who am I to you?" he asked.

I looked at him but closed my eyes.

"Someone I really really care about," I replied before being released and then quickly walking out the office. I basically run out the building and then collapse against the wall outside where I slid down and found myself breathing heavily.

Why are his eyes frightening me so much?

Were they like that when I first met him?

I don't think they were...

"Y/n!" I heard someone shout me. I tried to calm myself as Temari came flying out the building and almost missed me. She noticed me, though. As soon as she did, she fell forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You were scared..." she muttered.

"It was his eyes. I felt like I was staring into the eyes of my killer again," I told her truthfully.

"I'm sorry you have to see this," she whispered.

Gaara's PoV

The girl... F/n l/n...

Who is she?

When she was leaving I wasn't even controlling my body, it just moved and grabbed her like I'd done it before.

"Who are you to me?" I asked her, she turned to look at me but something snapped in her and she looked away with an expression I really didnt like.

"I don't know," she replied fairly quietly.

"Fine-- who am I to you?" I asked more urgently, trying to get answers.

She looked at me but closed her eyes tightly.

"Someone I really really care about," she replied, I frowned in thought and released her. Almost as soon as I did she ran out the room. I could sense she was scared, but of what? Me?

I looked at my older siblings to see they were watching the door with a lot of worry.

She's close with them.

Was she close with me?

I dropped back in my seat and rested my head in my hands in frustration.

The door opened and closed again and I looked up expecting to see the girl but instead Temari had left the room, Kankuro was frowning sadly and had moved to the sofa where he seemed to just sulk.

Who is y/n?!