||21||

Edited: 20/04/24
Reuploaded: 21/04/24

°🥀°

"Hey, Baki Let's not be too hasty," I say taking a few steps back. Gaara and Kankuro stepped between us.

"I told her to go. I wasn't going to take no for an answer," Kankuro said quickly.

"That doesn't change the fact you came back dying, Kankuro!" Baki replied, Gaara shook his head.

"I didn't see Kankuro, but by the way others reacted to her, I'm guessing she came back much more injure than he did," Gaara piped in, Temari nodded.

"As much as I hate saying seeing Kankuro on his death bed was horrible, I have to say she looked way worse and was in a worse condition," she added quickly.

"Fine. But next time..." Baki trailed, shooting me a glare before walking away. I let out a sigh of relief and looked at them.

"Thanks, I owe you one," I smiled before yawning, "also Temari, I think I'll take that spare room of yours if you don't mind."

"I don't. You just have to promise to stay," she said seriously. I nodded.

"I accept your condition," I smiled, and she grabbed my hand pulling me forward.

"Let's go then!" she exclaimed.

°🥀°

I flopped down onto the bed in the room that was now mine but just as I was getting comfortable Temari called me. I groaned and got up, mildly annoyed as I walked down the stairs to her. Honestly? I just wanted to sleep.

"What do you want Temari?" I asked, my eyebrow twitching in annoyance until Gaara walked into my vision.

"Hello, Gaara... And a kid..?" I greeted them as a little boy also walked around the corner and into my sight.

"Hello, y/n. Please allow me to introduce Arima Kuro. He's the kid I want you to teach and he's becoming quite impatient," Gaara introduced the boy to me. I sat down on the stairs.

"I'm sorry but I'm not teaching, and you already know wh-" I started before Gaara interrupted me.

"It's not because of that, because I trust you now. So why?" he asked. I looked away.

Well, Gaara, I've never been good with kids if you must know. Ugh!

"It's none of your business. Sorry, Arima but you've got to find yourself a different sensei. It's not my scene," I stood back up and started my walk back up the stairs. I threw myself onto my bed again I just sighed into the cushion.

I turned over on my back and stared up at the ceiling as I started humming the chorus to one of my favourite songs until knocks at my door interrupted me. I looked over to see Gaara in the doorway.

Is he here to try again?

"May I?"

"Sure," I didn't move but I felt him perch on the end of my bed by my feet as the bed dipped.

It was silent.

Not an awkward or uncomfortable one though strangely enough. I was quite comfortable in it.

"I'd do the same," he blurted out. I looked at him confused, that came out of nowhere, "I mean, I'll search for you everywhere if you just disappeared."

I sat up, pulled my knees up and cross my legs.

Uh—where'd that come from?

"Nice to know, but why?" I asked, he tensed up, he almost seemed to panic, as if my question was some form of test between the two of us, "I'm joking. The thought it nice to think. I guess I really have made some friends here."

I looked out the window.

"You want to leave the village don't you?" He asked, I looked at him and hesitated before nodding.

"I want to see it all before the world crumbles because of the Akatsuki," I replied, looking forward again and resting my head on the back of the wall.

"You'll be able to do that if you train Arima," he said, I just gave him a bored expression.

"You'll have to put me on death's door again before I start teaching years before my time," I replied, he just seemed to exhale disappointed before seeming to get an idea.

"Well, then you'll just have to keep me company from now on. You have nothing else to do, do you?" he asked even though he knew the answer.

"You think you're real funny, don't you?" I asked, stretching out the word 'real' longer than necessary.

He shrugged and stood up.

"Will you take a walk with me?" he asked.

"I've got nothing else to do," I repeated what he'd said and shrugged as I stood up just to fall back down when pain spread through my body again. I winced.

"Your wounds have opened again. I'll go get Temari. Stay put," he ordered before walking out and then returning with Temari.

Guess Sakura didn't heal everything in the end then.

"What did you do? The wound got bigger!" she asked surprised, "Gaara you should probably go find a medical nin, I've already sent Arima home so don't worry about him."

"Alright, I'll be back soon," Gaara put his hands together and crumbled into sand as Temari unwrapped my bandages properly to start cleaning up the blood.

"This is so annoying, I hate being injured. It sucks," I complained.

"Stop complaining, this is your fault," Temari retorts as she rinsed out the cloth. We sat in silence for a while until Gaara returned with a medical nin, as promised, who started healing me again.

"This time, just stay in bed until its closed up properly," the ninja told me before turning and leaving with the quick bow of his head.

"Now that's even worse," I grumbled before lying down again, "bedridden. Just kill me."

"Just listen to the guy," Temari told me with a slight glare.

"I was going to," I sighed, "not like I can do anything anyway."

"Well we'll leave you to sleep," Gaara told me before they both left the room, not before he cast a worried glance back to me which was just met with a small smile from myself.

I've got nothing else to do now.

I'm bored.

Suddenly, a wave of exhaustion suddenly brushed over me and I flopped back down, staring up at my ceiling that almost seemed to flicker from the stone above me to something else before flickering back.

"Weird..." I muttered, "I must really be tired."

I guess I'll just sleep then...