||27||

Edited: 03/05/24
Reuploaded: 03/05/24

°🥀°

I turned around to see Baki emerging from the shadows.

I thought so.

"What is it?" I asked, standing up and taking a few steps away from the edge of the building.

"Why are you here? Where did you go? Most importantly, what's your plan?" he asked, tone dripping with hostility. As expected. He really doesn't hide his real emotions to people, does he?

"I'm here because I want to be, I love it here and I want to stay. I went home, I was called back against my will, and no I don't remember anything, they broke in and took me away, I barely managed to escape. They nursed me back to health. As for my plan? I don't have one," I replied, we both stood in silence. The light breeze filling the gap we left.

"You should leave," he finally speaks up.

"Leave? Why should I?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side a bit.

"You're a stranger. Who knows who you had provoked before we took you in," he glared at me.

"I don't remember provoking anyone. But those people, I do really want to beat some sense into them," I sighed before sitting back down again. The night had started to roll in.

"I'll be leaving then. But I have to tell you, if you hurt Lord Gaara, his siblings or become a threat to the village, I won't hesitate to cut you down or throw you out," he growled before turning, "it doesn't matter what Lord Gaara says. I will not hesitate."

Alright then... at least I know its because you're trying to protect the village.

"Wait— how long was I gone?" I asked him.

"A month," he replied before disappearing. The time difference between my home and this home is completely confusing. It has a strange nonsensical difference that I'm not even going to attempt to understand.

The first time I was here, it was a few weeks to three months. Now it's a month to a month? I'm confused.

"Are you three finished eavesdropping?" I finally spoke up, not bothering to turn to look to the doorway. I heard a few sighs and the door swung open, three figures appearing behind me.

"Temari, Kankuro, Gaara," I called to them, "don't you know it's rude to listen in to other people's conversations?"

I turned to face them.

"Sorry..." they all apologised, sheepishly looking at the floor. I sighed.

"You guys need to sleep, you look worse and worse by the minute," I told them as I grabbed my violin case and turned to them, "you're all living here now so I have a feeling I'll need to ask, is there a spare room?"

"For you? Always, y/n," Temari smiled before looking to Kankuro who got her silent message.

"Yeah, follow me," Kankuro looked back at me before leading me downstairs and to a room at the end of the hallway. It wasn't the room I had originally, seemed, by the amount of sand in the doorway, that Gaara was the one in there now. It's fine though, I'm not too fussed.

I walked into my new room and put my violin down on the bed before turning and looking back to the door where Kankuro was stood leaning in the doorway silently.

What's up with this guy?

"Remember what Lady Chiyo told you," he said me before turning, closing my door, and leaving.

"Y/n. Stay by his side. Be his rock when he needs it."

But I still don't understand what she means?

Does she want me to help him with emotional support?

I groaned as I flopped onto my bed and placed an arm across my eyes before letting out a deep sigh.

"I mean I'm not so dumb to not know what 'stay by his side' means. But being his rock?" I sighed again but stopped when I heard the floorboards creak.

"You seem to be sighing a lot," I heard Gaara speak up. I moved my arm so I could peak out of one eye towards him.

"You seem to be avoiding sleep a lot," I returned, he moved and sat next to me.

"Would you believe me when I said falling asleep is really difficult?" he asked. I would.

I just smirked.

"Didn't seem all too difficult when we were on the sofa," I teased, I watched as he stiffened to my words.

"You just had a comforting presence," he replied, trying his hardest to explain.

"Alright, come here," I moved to the head of my bed and pulled him along with me. I'm not sure where this confidence is coming from, but I do know that I feel like I'm getting Yue to rest after working hard on the ice.

"W-what are you doing?" he asked. I smiled.

"So the cool prince can lose his coolness from time to time too?" I teased before sighing, "just calm down, I'm not going to attack you. Now I want to tell you a story that I love. Well there's two, you can choose."

He stayed silent so I assumed he was just accepting this.

"First one, Peter Pan. Second one, Alice in Wonderland," I told him, I heard him hum in thought before he looked at me mildly unsure.

"... how about Peter Pan?" he asked. I smiled.

"Alrighty then—" I got myself comfortable and then started reciting the story to him. He listened, closing his eyes as he did, just relaxing as I spoke. I smiled. I didn't know I could make anyone relax so easily. Even Yue takes a while to relax so this is... I'm glad I can be of use to him.

Gaara's PoV

She was telling me a story. I don't know where it was from. I'm assuming she's remembered something about her homeland, and this is where this is from?

Her voice... It was soothing.

Every detail was well described and thought out.

I could tell by the way she spoke that she enjoyed telling stories. Or at least, she enjoyed telling this one.

And soon enough, the story came to an end.

"But even though the story is pretty awesome. Some people have a darker twist to it," I hear her say as she concluded the story.

"What's that?" I asked, I didn't move or open my eyes. Just having someone happily sitting next to me and talking to me about something they love so much was enough for me to enjoy.

"Peter Pan is actually the villain. Captain Hook is the hero. The whole story is based around Peter Pan, the guy who kidnapped children and took them away, Captain Hook was once a child who was kidnapped by Peter Pan, but he escaped and was trying to save the kidnapped children and defeat the real villain," she told me, I opened my eyes slightly to see her with a satisfied expression.

My heart started racing again as I looked up at her.

Why is my heart beating so fast at the sight of her?

The mysterious girl who we know little about but seems to be incredibly interesting...

Why? What is this feeling?

Is this what it's like to....

Love?

... or am I sick? Maybe I should get a check-up from the medic nins.