||36||

Gaara's PoV

"You mind?" I asked, y/n shook her head and sat up, I sat where her head was previously and watched as she manoeuvred herself so she was sat normally and next to me, staring down at her hands on her legs.

This is so awkward...

We were sat in silence for a while when she finally spoke up.

"Why did you look for me for so long?" she asked, not moving her gaze from her hands.

"Because... I don't know," I sighed, kicking myself mentally for not being able to put my feelings into words.

"I see..." she mumbles disappointed. My heart seemed to crumble at her disappointment. I've seen people hug others when they can't seem to put their emotions and thoughts into words.

"Well, excuse me Lord Kazekage. I'm sure you're extremely busy," she says, standing up. I frowned and watched as she grabbed her case and started walking to the door.

Quickly standing up, I have sand capture her wrist and hold her while I moved and hugged her from behind. I felt her stiffen but she relaxed after a few moments.

"I have feelings I can't explain, I don't really understand them either because it's the first time I've felt something like this," I started, "but I've seen Temari and Kankuro express themselves through their actions when they couldn't put it into words so I hope this explains this to you somehow."

She didn't respond. She didn't move either.

I was going to give up when she placed her case on the ground again and turned around and hugged me back.

"It does," she whispered to me.

Kankuro's PoV

"You're saying that you didn't finish the paper work?" Temari asked me as we walked through the hall, I just turned to her with a mischievous smirk.

"Of course I did, who do you think I am?" I asked her before leading her outside.

"I think you're Kankuro, meaning you're useless at doing paper work on time," she replied bored, "where are you taking me then."

I looked at her with disbelief.

"The whole time you two were gone, I spent the whole time teasing Gaara about y/n, you know, because he kind of needs to realise his emotions at some point," I started, hopping onto a roof near Gaara's office and looked in, "they weren't going to talk to each other if we were there so..."

I pointed through the window, Temari joined me and smiled.

"Wow, I guess you can be smart from time to time," Temari said. Wow, leave it to Temari to compliment you with an insult.

We watched as Gaara did his paper work for about 10 minutes before we started to get bored.

"This is boring, nothings happening," Temari sighed before I shushed her and pointed at Gaara who'd stood up now. We lean forward a little and watch as he goes and sits on the floor leaning against the arm rest of the sofa next to y/n's head.

They stayed like that for a while, obviously talking.

Then they stared at each other for a few moments before y/n moved and Gaara sat next to her.

"Wow, I can sense the awkwardness from out here," I muttered as we watched them sit in silence before y/n stood up. She started to walk towards the door before Gaara quickly stood up.

"Did he just use his sand on her?" Temari asked pretty ticked off with Gaara's choice in action before instantly softening when she watched our little brother hug y/n.

"It's official!" she shouted, making me jump as we watched y/n turn around and hug him back.

"What's official?" I asked, pulling her off the roof before we were noticed.

"They love each other, they just don't know how to act," she tells me with an excited smile on her face.

"They're perfect for each other," I chuckled at their kid awkwardness around their emotions, "but Temari~"

"What?" she looked at me disgusted by my singsong voice.

"You're no better," I teased, poking her side, "I know how much you like that Nara boy."

"S-shut up," she punched me in the face and walked away, leaving me to trail behind her, rubbing my cheek and frowning. That girl. So annoying.

Your PoV

We stood hugging for a while, when I'd turned to hug him back I noticed Temari and Kankuro on the roof outside, gazing in. Those sly rats, this was their whole plan.

We finally let go of each other and sat down on the sofa again in complete silence. This time it wasn't as awkward. It was comforting, we enjoyed each others presence.

"When you were gone..." he started, I looked over at him to see him looking angrily at the wall, "the council kept telling myself, Temari and Kankuro to give up and not even bother looking for you."

Baki you bastard! What the hell?

"I swear I was so tempted to clean out the council and rebuild it. Their views on saving you was fairly negative. I hated it," he continued, "but we won and we started looking for you. Days turned to weeks and then a month and I... I felt so oddly empty without you around."

I frowned. What is he trying to say?

"When we couldn't find you, I started getting angry and disappointed that I couldn't protect you like you protected me," he looked at me, "I guess what I'm trying to say is without you here I was empty like a zombie just walking around aimlessly looking for something."

No, Gaara, that's not it. That's not what you were trying to say. We both know it.

"No it wasn't," I shook my head, "that isn't what you were trying to say. You want to know where I went, right?"

He stayed silent indicating I hit the nail on the head.

"It's hard to explain and it's not an explanation for now. It's for another day," I told him. I wanted to tell him the truth about me being from a different world and not this one, but it's just too complicated and I don't want to ruin everything with that predicament.

"I see..." he looked away sadly, I bit the inside of my mouth and pulled him back in a hug before kissing his cheek and standing up.

"I really am sorry about that. I guess it's just another reason not to trust me?" I asked as I looked down at his blush covered face. I smiled, grabbed my violin and left the room.