Fam

Chapter 53: Fam
April 9
3pm
Dragons Park
Astrid POV:
"I can't wait to tell them the news," Hiccup chuckled as he grabbed the cooler from the trunk of our car. I smiled, but it faded. "I'm actually nervous," I say and Hiccup smiled at me. He cupped my cheek and brushed away my bangs.
"It'll all be ok," he says and I exhaled a long breath. I nodded and squeezed my eyes shut.
I looked up and saw Freya running in her shorts and T-shirt to the park with Blake running as fast as his little legs could run behind her. They were both giggling as Freya climbed onto the stairs. Freyas hair had two long braids down her back, with a purple shirt with a heart on it,light blue shorts and sandals. Blake was wearing shorts, and a blue shirt, and his blonde hair blew with the wind.
I felt a hand slide up my shoulder. "Aww there getting so big. Freya will be 8 and Blake will be 2 in September." Hiccup said and I leaned on his head. "I know." I say and we stood there and watched our kids for awhile.
We then heard cars driving into the lot. It was the gang, and Valka. We asked them to come to Dragons Park with us so me and Hiccup could explain the news to them as well, so we didn't have to do it separately.
"Hey guys!" Heather smiled from the window, wearing her shades. She hopped out of her car along with Fishlegs. She walked over to us and me and Hiccup grabbed our cooler and walked over to the benches.
"You guys ordered pizza right?" Heather asks and I smiled, nodding. "Yes!" She exclaims and put her shades on her head. She smiled as Fishlegs kissed her cheek and sat down the drinks. "There! An all you can drink buffet!" Fishlegs said and Hiccup chuckled.
"What's up Hic!" Fishlegs exclaims and they hugged. "Good man!" Hiccup exclaims and Freya and Blake ran to us. "Mom!" Hiccup said and Valka kissed his cheek. "Why hello dear." She says and Freya hugged her grandma. Valka wrapped her arms around me and I did her.
"Hey! There isn't a party without me and Ruff!" Tuff yells and ran into the group with the rest of us. "No! There is no party without ME!" Snotlout emphasizes and chuckled. We all hugged one another and sat down.
"The pizza should be here in like 20 minutes," Hiccup says and began to put the drinks in the cooler. Fishlegs got up and helped my husband do that. "Sooo what's the news?" Heather asks me, along with Valka and Ruff.
"After lunch." I say sternly and they backed off. I saw Snotlout sitting by himself at the other table. "Hey Snot! Where's Minden?" I ask and he chuckled. "Work today, she wanted to come tho Ast," he says and I sighed.
"It's fine, the news will spread." I say and Snotlout nodded. I smiled at Freya who was playing with Blake on the slides. I pointed at Uncle Snotlout and mocked "GET HIM!" And she smirked. She ran to Snotlout and growls at him.
"Catch me if you can loser Snotlout!" She giggled and ran away, as I laughed. "Heyyyy!" Snotlout yells and began to chase my daughter around the park, trying to 'catch her'
"Alright! Pizza is here guys!" Hiccup yells and went out to see the pizza man. I heard Freya scream and I bolted behind me. Snotlout was tickling her stomach in the grass. "Gotcha!" "Help me Mommy!"
I laughed and smiled at that view. Snotlout would be a great dad. He flung Freya over his shoulder and she giggled. I laughed as Snotlout put Freya on the bench, in between me and him. "You'd be a good dad." I wink and he flustered. "Some day." He says and I touched his shoulder. "Here we go," Hiccup smiled and put the boxes of pizza on the tables. The wind blew and brushed my long braid down my back. Hiccup gave Freya a slice and she squealed. "Freya what do you want to drink?" I ask and she thought. "Sierra Mist," and Hiccup grabbed her a bottle and sat it down for her.
She wiped her pizza hands and licked her fingers. "Freya dear, use a napkin," Valka says and Freya shrugged off. I rolled my eyes and gave my daughter a napkin. Blake fussed and Heather took him. "Blakey! Look!" Heather said and he looked at the pizza. Heather cut up his pizza and gave him a plate.
"Let's eat!" Hiccup exclaims.
——————————————————————
*1 hour later*
4:30pm
Hiccup POV:
"Freya you can go play now," I say and take her plate. She squeals and hopped off the bench. Heather ran out with her, and Freya ran over to the swings. Heather pushed her back and forth, and Freya yelled in joy. "Higher! Higher!" She yelled and laughed. Heather pushed her higher, and Freya chortled.
"Aww," Astrid gushed as she watched her best friend and her daughter play. Astrid turned back around and sat down. She sighed and I sat down next to her, taking a sip of her drink.
"You ready?" I ask and she took a deep breath but nodded. I stood up and waved Heather over. "Come on guys!" I exclaimed and Freya jumped off the swing. She ran over and Heather trailed behind her, hands on her hips, shades on.
The gang was now surrounding me and Astrid. Heather and Fishlegs were hand in hand. Snotlout was crossing his hands, and the twins were smirking at another. My mom smiled as she held Blake, who was playing with her hair.
"Ok! Time for the news," I say and clasp my hands together. "How do you want to tell them?" I ask Astrid and she chuckled. "Just say it," She says and I smiled.
"Me and Astrid will be expecting our 3rd child this November." I speak out and everyone's mouths were dropped. Then they bursted into cheers. I turned and kissed Astrid's lips. She kissed me back and I held her hand. "See? Not bad," I say and she rolled her eyes.
Astrid POV:
"Yess!" "Congrats!" "I cant wait!"
"IM PROUD OF YOU!" Tuffnut yells and me and Hiccup blushed at one another. "Um...I'm proud of us too?" Hiccup chuckled and Fishlegs hugged him. "Congrats Man." He says and we continued getting thanks and congrats from everyone. Valka appears and kissed me and Hiccups cheeks.
"I'm gonna have a 3rd grandbaby!" She gushed and hugged us. Freya was in the back just standing there, waiting for everyone to move away from us.
"Freya, come here." I say and me and Hiccup crouched down to her height. "What are your thoughts babe?" Hiccup asks and brushed away her bangs, like he does to me. "I'm gonna be a big sister to another brother or sister?" She asks me and me and Astrid exchanged looks. "Yes sweet pea," Astrid exclaims and took her hand. "I'm excited." Freya exclaims and hugged us. "Me too." I say and locked eyes with Hiccup as we hugged my daughter.
"And again, your gonna be the best big sister ever." Hiccup chuckled and lifted up her chin. "You already are," he says and motioned towards Blake, and Freya giggled. "Your tummy will get really big again?" Freya asks and I nodded.
"HEY GUYS! MOMMYS BELLY WILL GET REALLY BIG AGAIN!"