Daddys Little One

Chapter 48: Daddy's Little One
July 17
5:30am
Hiccup POV:
"Waaah! Waaah!" Blake cries as I groaned. Astrid was already out of bed, getting ready for work as Blake cried on her shoulder as she bounced him. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, yawning big.
Astrid was sighing and holding Blake, it was 5:32am now. I groaned, and stood up, revealing my bare upper body since I was just wearing shorts.
"Here let me have him." I say and Astrid still held him. "But he's hot." She said and I felt my sons forehead. "Yea, hes got a fever, he's flaming up." I say and Blake wailed louder, I've never seen my son so fragile and weak. He was wailing and even being in Astrid's arms didn't help.
I then caught a glimpse of my soms feet, and I shrieked. I ran over to my bedroom light and flicked it on, ignoring my bleary eyes that formed. Astrid was confused and worried. "Hiccup? What is it!" She freaked and I lifted up my sons feet as he wailed into Astrid's shoulder and moved around his arms.
"There blisters." I say and showed Astrid Blake's feet. She looked away and held Blake closer. "Ohhhh." I say and felt his forehead again. "What?" She asks and I looked at her. "This is hand, foot, and mouth disease. Babies tend to get it when they are little." I say and Astrid sighed. "Here, I'll take him to the ER to get some treatment and get looked at, you go to work." I say and Astrid looked down.
"What?" I say and held her back. "I've just never had a sick baby before Hiccup. Freya was never sick when she was a baby, I'm just worried." Astrid says and I cupped her cheek. "Hey, he will be fine. He's got his daddy to care for him. Babe, you've got a partner now, I vowed to that." I winked and she slowly nodded. I grabbed my baby boy and put his head on my shoulder and held it.
"But what about Freya?" Astrid asks me, and I sighed. "Heather is on vacation with Fishlegs, and my mom isn't in town. So I guess she's coming with me." I sigh and Astrid ran her hands through her hair. "Hey, he will be ok, I'm gonna go wake up Freya and she can put on some shoes and we can head over." I say and took Astrid's forearm, rubbing it lightly.
"I know it's scary, but these things happen babe. Besides, this isn't a big deal, this disease can actually go away on its own but I'm gonna take him in so it will go away faster." I say and Astrid looked at me. "I've just never seen a baby—my baby so ill! It never happened to Freya." Astrid said and I tilted my head at her. I grabbed the back of her head and pulled it towards my lips, pressing a small kiss to her temple.
"I know, I'm going to get Freya now. Go to work, I'll keep you posted, I promise." I say and take her hand. "Ok." She says, and got teared up, sniffed and I rubbed her cheek. "Love you." I say and she nodded. "Love you," She exclaims and I kissed her cheek.
Blake still sobbed and screamed, as I held my 10-month old son in my arms. I opened Freyas door and turned on the light. She lifted her head from her covers and looked at me. "I know honey I'm sorry, but Blake is sick and he needs fo go to the hospital." I say and she sat up. I rubbed her back and she went to her closet and grabbed some sandals. She grabbed her jacket, even though it's July and followed me. I grabbed my keys and slipped on my shoes and went out the door.
——————————————————————
*1 hour later*
6:37am
Hiccup POV:
[Text from: MY LOVE
"How is he? -Astrid"
"Babe he's still with the doc, text you when I know more. Love you, -Hiccup
"Ok, Love you too! -Astrid]

I closed my phone and Freya layed on my lap. "Is Blakey gonna be ok?" She asks me as I played with her hair. "Oh honey he's gonna be fine. He's got hand, foot and mouth. Babies get it a lot, the doctors are just gonna calm him down and give him some treatment and we can go back home." I say and she yawned. She put her head closer to my stomach, but still laying on my lap.
"I'm so sleepy." She says and I yawned. "I know hon, me too." I speak up and rubbed her smooth face. The doors to the doctors opened, and Doctor Aneska appeared.
"Hello Mr. Haddock!" She said and I shook her hand. "Hello! How is Blake?" I ask and she chuckled. Aneska had short, chin length hair that was wavy, she had blue eyes, and perfect teeth. She even smelled like cotton candy, like a pediatrician. She was really nice.
"Oh he's fine sweetie! Hand, foot and mouth is a simple treatable disease!" Aneska explains and waved her hand for me and Freya to come in. She sashayed into the room and sat in her rolley chair.
She began to roll around the room like a kid, she loved to act like one. Freya giggled as she rolled aliens the room.
"What? I love to act like a kid in front of kids." She says and Freya laughed. "But why! Your old!" Freya exclaims and I chuckled. Aneska was taken aback and gasped. "Ahem! I'm only 28!" She says and chuckled. "Besides, acting like a kid is fun." She said and clicked on her computer.
"No it's not! Being a kid is boring." Freya exclaims and I chuckled. "No it's not sweetie. Fly a kite! Jump in puddles! Climb trees! Lie in the grass! Build a fort! Pretend! Catch Butterflies! Run barefoot! Play in the rain! Imagine! Make Mudpies! Dream big!" Doctor Aneska points out and Freya smiled. Aneska continued to type on her keyboard.
"Ok! I'm going to get your son! And then we can go over his treatment plan, he was a bit fussy but the medicine did calm him down just a bit." Aneska said and left the room. I scoffed.
"Just a bit."
——————————————————————
*30 mins later*
Hiccup POV:
"Thanks again Doctor Aneska!" I say and shake her hand. "No problem! Have a great day!" She says and smiled at me. "You too!" I exclaim and grabbed Freyas hand. Blake was still fussy and maneuvering in my arms, but I kept my grip on him. The exit doors of the hospital opened and we left.
I walked to my car and opened the doors. I strapped my son in his car seat, in which he began to bawl. "Oh buddy." I say and shut the door. "Aww Blakey!" Freya gushed and let her brother play with her finger. Freya was the best big sister a younger sibling could ask for.
*AT HOME*
Hiccup POV:
7:23am
"Ok baby, you can go to your room and go back to sleep now." I say and she yawned. I crouched down and gave her a kiss. She kissed me and walked off to her room. I sighed and unpacked the medication for Blake.
I poured him some ibuprofen, and opened his mouth. I squirted the liquid in his mouth and put him in my arms so he would swallow. He coughed and swallowed, and cried right after. "I know bud, sssshh. Sissy is sleeping." I say and Blake grabbed my shirt and cried, his mouth opening.
I plopped down on the couch and held my son as I switched on the tv. "Hm..no sleep for daddy huh?" I tell him and he continued to wail. "Come on buddy." I sighed and bounced him to calm down. He settled but had minor cries. I turned on Greys Anatomy and put my son down in his cradle. I went over to the kitchen and grabbed a can of baby food.
I opened the can and grabbed a spoon. I dipped the spoon into the green food and gave some to Blake. He immediately spit it out. Aneska said he would refuse lots of food.
I sighed and set it on the end table. I heard a bedroom door open and Freya came out, and plopped her butt on the couch. "I'm not getting any sleep. Hand me the remote." She says. I scoffed and handed my daughter the remote. She changed the tv to Barbie, and I sighed.
"Hey, you get baby, I get tv." She says and I threw my hands up in defeat. Blake then stopped crying, drooling over his arm.
"Aww looked he stopped!" Freya gushed and I rolled my eyes. "He's sick Freya, he's gonna wake up in the next hour." I say and Freya sighed. "Well we can just watch a movie until then." She says and I smiled. "Not Barbie." I growl and pull my daughter towards me. "Fine." She sighs and I grabbed the remote. "Batman?" "Batman."