Shallow

Chapter 26: Shallow
Hiccup POV:
It's been a few days since Astrid visited Blake's face with Freya, and she was still a mess. Freya was back to normal, and was now watching Barbie on the living room television.
I flipped over the pancake and watched her giggle at the show. She was squealing at the characters and jumping up and down. She made my world, and I smiled. I turned my back towards her and plopped the cooked pancakes onto a small plate.
"Freya, it's time for breakfast, and then your off to school." I say and she paused her show with the remote and climbed up the stool. I squeezed out some syrup and she ate her pancakes. "Dad? How's mommy?" She asks me and my heart melt. "Dad" realizing I will soon be called dad by 2 kids.
"She's still hurt pumpkin, so I'm going to stay here with mommy for today again." I say and comb away her naughty hair. She nods and continued to eat. "Now when your done, I picked your clothes out on your bed, so then come find me so I can braid your hair." I say and she smiled at me, and I left the kitchen.
——————————————————————
"Goodbye pumpkin! Be good! Learn something! Love you!" I scream out the door as Freya opened the door, letting her braids fall to her back. "Bye daddy! And I will try! Love you." Freya shouts and she slowly pushed all her might into closing the door. Once it was shut I turned around and left the school.
I drove down to Starbucks and went through the drive through. Since Astrid was down, me and her both needed some coffee, especially since the late nights we were spending awake.
I rolled down my window and picked up my wallet. "Um, can I get 2 Carmel Frappes?" I say into the mic, and I drive towards the window. I paid the kind lady her money and she handed me the coffees. I thanked her and drove away.
While I was driving, I spotted a young man, at his house, holding a sign that said "Young Puppies for sale!" And I immediately froze. Me and Astrid have always wanted dogs but we never had the chance because we could never find any for sale.
I immediately turned into the lot and slammed the door. "Make this fast or your girlfriend will kill you for being late with the coffees!" I mutter and put my hands in my pockets. "Hello sir!" I say and he smiled. "Hey! Interested?" He asks me and I nodded fast. He stepped away and I could see the young puppies playing around in their pens.
"Aww!" I shriek and kneel down by the cage. "They are all Retrievers and German Shepherds. Except that black one in the back is extremely rare, he's a black Retriever." The man says and I lifted my eyes to the black puppy, who ran and licked my nose. "Hey boy!" I say and pet him. "Aren't you just the cutest thing?" I say and he jumped off his cage into my lap. "You guys have quite the bond! He's usually shy." The man says and smiled, putting his hands on his hips.
"You want to take him home?" The man asks. "Oh yes, but I promised my girl I would get her a puppy too." I say and the man was taken aback. "Wow! 2 puppies!" He shrieks and sat by me. "Well, all the golden retrievers are females, and that lighter one over their is a girl as well." The man says and the lighter golden retriever walked over. He pet her and she licked my face. "She's mine as well." I say and the man smiled.
"You want a crate or some food to take with you?" He asks and I nodded. "Yes please." I say and he grabbed the items.
"Here you go sir!" The man says and I loaded the dogs into their cages, and I walked over to my car. I put them in the passenger seat, right by me.
"Well! How about we go home?" I say and the young puppies barked.
——————————————————————
I grabbed my coffees from Starbucks, and grabbed the dog cage. I walked to my door, and unlocked it. I closed the door and set the coffees on the counter.
The dogs barked and I shushed them, I wanted to surprise Astrid. "Babe! Come here!" I scream and I heard a groan. "No!" She yelled and the dogs barked again, which I shushed them. "If you don't come out of that room then I will drink them both!" I smirked and crossed my arms. I heard a moan and then a groan, then footsteps. I heard our door clip open, and she walked out of the hallway, her hands rubbing her eyes.
"Ok I'm here." She growled and opened her eyes, Which she gasped. She covered both her hands over her mouth, and unlocked the cage.
"Go get her guys!" I scream and the puppies barked and ran to Astrid, jumping on her legs. She began to cry.
"Aww!" She wailed and sat down on her butt. The Golden retriever jumped on her lap and licked her face. I went over and sat next to her, and which she crashed her lips on mine. "There beautiful!" She cries and I wrap my arm around her as the black retriever jumped on me.
"I know,"