Secrets Left Untold

Chapter 57: Secrets Left Untold
September 20
9pm
Astrid POV:
I was sitting on my Queen side bed with sheets covered over me as I rubbed my 7-month pregnant belly. The little girl in their was kicking, and she wasn't quitting. I winced at the sharp pain and took a deep breath.
"Come on sweets. Cut it out. Imma go to bed soon," I say and the baby did stop a bit. She's a good listener I see. Hiccup emerged from the entrance of our bedroom and shut the door. He sighed and crawled into the bedroom covers.
The moonlight was glistening through the windows as the reflection sunk on our bed. I smiled and rubbed my belly. Hiccup joined in and felt our daughter kick my stomach, but she began to stop after I scolded her again.
"Babe?" Hiccup asks and I murmured. "Hmm?" Hiccup flunked back on his elbow and looked at me. "Did I ever tell you why I really left Berk when I was 18?" He asks and the thought of the subject tore me apart. I gulped. "Um, yea. You told Freya that your dad died and you ran from your grief," I explained and be looked at me. "That wasn't all," he said and I looked at him.
"What was the rest?" I ask and he sighed. "After my dad died and me and my mom told me to keep it in house, your right at school I pretended to be the perfect boyfriend, but when I got him I had breakdowns and I suffered depression after graduation. When I knew that I could have depression the day before graduation, I knew that I couldn't bring that on you, I would be your emotionally wreck boyfriend who was a burden. So I broke it to you that night and cried my whole way to Melody University and never looked back," Hiccup said and I held his hand.
"Hiccup...your choice was bad, sadly," I say and he rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to be sincere," he explained and I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh no, I know. But I really wish you could have trusted me and told me what had happened. You wouldn't have been a burden to me, I would have taken care of you. You were my Hiccup," I say and Hiccup sighed. I opened my arms and he chuckled. He sprawled into my chest and exhaled. He held my arms and I ran my hands though his hair.
"Wow." I say and Hiccup winced. "Hmm?" He asks me and I chuckled. "I still can't believe that Freya will be 8 in 8 days and Blake turned 2 last week," I sighed and Hiccup chuckled. "I know, how time flies," Hiccup murmured and I kissed his forehead.
"And this little girl will be born in November! Now a different month from your siblings," I coo to the baby in my belly and Hiccup laughed. "Yea, Blake's month was bad timing," Hiccup said and I flicked his head. "Ouch!" He groaned. "Was your fault," I said and he moaned. "It's always my fault," he snarled and I laughed. "It's true," I say and Hiccup rolled his eyes, and we saw our door slowly open.
"Freya dear. You should be asleep," Hiccup says and moved back to his spot on our bed. Jerk. "I was thirsty, and I wanted to hear a story," Freya said and cradled her teddy bear. Hiccup looked at me and I nodded as I continued to rub my belly.
Hiccup opened his arms and Freya rushed over to our bed and jumped into Hiccups chest. "Ouch," he winced again and I laughed. He glared at me and Freya sat in front of him. "Story story!" Someone else says and Blake came into the room. Hiccup groaned at the sight of both our younglings being awake.
"Ok!" He sighed and put Blake by my legs. "Now..." "STORY ABOUT YOU AND MOMMY!" Freya yells.
Hiccup POV:
Astrid rose a brow at me, grinning. "Hmm..." I think and rub my chin. Then I thought of the perfect past memory of me and Astrid.
"I've got it." I smirked and looked at Astrid who had a worried look on her face. "Oh no," she says and sighed. "Well a long time ago," I begin, "It was Hmm...9th grade? I had asked your mom to go to the ice cream shop with me. During our long walk in the middle of July-" "OH GODS NO I REMEMBER THIS!" Astrid hissed and put her hands in her face. I chuckled and turned my attention back to my kids.
"Then it suddenly started POURING rain outside. Like pouring rain. We decided to run back to my house, when Astrid slipped in the rain, and fell on her face! She completely drenched herself more, and then a car drove by, and splashed her even more! It was priceless! While I was standing their, dry under an umbrella! Her cheeks turned beet red!" I laughed and the kids laughed. Astrid just rolled her eyes and checked her phone. She glared at me and smiled at the kids.
"Now back to bed. You heard a story now," Astrid said and Freya and Blake groaned. "But I'm not sleepy," Freya whined and Astrid rolled her eyes. "And I don't care," she said and Freya huffed. She sprawled off the bed and exited our room. Blake did the same and scurried after Freya. Astrid then slapped my arm. "Ouch! Hey!" I exclaimed and she turned her body to go to sleep. "Jerk," She said and I rolled my eyes. "Baby," I say and she hit my arm again. "Ouch!" I yelped again and Astrid glared at me. I just shook it off and wrapped my arms around her even though she didn't back.
"Any names for the baby?" I ask and she kept a straight face. "Already have her name picked and it's a surprise," she says and I sighed. "Give me the first letter at least," I say and Astrid made a small smirk.
"Baby M,"
"Now that's many secrets unfold tonight, sleep!" Astrid hissed, and with that, I fell asleep on my wife.