Thanks for the Memories

Chapter 6: Thanks for the Memories
Hiccup POV:
I looked over from my coffee and saw some familiar faces. A chunky man, pair of twins, the jet-Black raven haired girl, and the muttonhead. I smiled and I stood up.
The walked over to a booth, the biggest one and a waitress came over and took their coffee orders. I sat there looking at there amazing changes. Fishlegs has gotten bigger, and had a long mustache. Snotlout wasn't very different, at all. Ruffnut seemed more mature and lady like and her hair was pinned to her side. Tuffnut was the weirdest and had some of his hair braided in the front and then he had some hair down in the back. And Heather probably changed the most. She had short wavy hair that went to her shoulders, and her eyes had gotten more darker.
I stood up from my hard chair and smiled. I walked over to their booth, and thought about what their reactions would be.
"Mind if I sit?" I exclaim and they all looked up from their conversations. They all dropped their jaws in shock, and eventually they were all smiles. "Hiccup!!" Heather yells and wraps her arms around me, and gave me a big hug. Then Fishlegs, Snotlout, and the twins piled in as well.
"Ok you guys! I...can't.... BREATHE!" I choke and they all let me go. They all rush back into their seats, and Heather pats her hand for me to sit by her. I scoot into the booth, and the gang was still all smiles.
"Hiccup why did you leave Berk?" Fishlegs asks, and I sighed. "It's a long and difficult story, I'll tell you when I'm ready," I exclaim and they all nod. "Soooo hows life? My mom gave me a quick sum up of your marriages and jobs." I smile and they all nodded. "Enough about us! Hiccup when did you back?!" Heather asks. "I just got back yesterday from college!" I laugh and take another sip of my coffee.
"What did you study?" Snotlout asks. "I just applied to be a teacher." I nod and they all smiled. "Congrats Hiccup!" The gang shrieks. "Yea thanks." I sigh and glance over at Astrid, who is laughing happily with her husband and daughter.
They noticed this and looked in that direction, and then they turned back to me and sighed. "Hiccup he's actually an amazing guy." Ruffnut softly answers. I winced again over at Astrid and her husband, Blake laughing with Freya. "He seems good." I sigh and take another sip. "Does she know your back?" Fishlegs asks me, and I sighed. "Yea, it didn't go so well." I exclaim and they all looked sad. "Why don't you just be happy for her? Come to our friend get togethers and maybe your bond will grow, maybe something will happen," Heather smiles and shakes my shoulder. "Yea maybe." I exclaim.
Astrid POV:
I saw Hiccup meet back up with the gang, and how shocked they were. I can't believe the gang would just forget about how much he hurt me and how he hurt them by vanishing Berk. I growled, but continued to watch Freya eat like a pig.
"Sweets slow down!" Blake laughs and threw a napkin at Freya so she could clean up her mouth when she was done eating. "Daddy! It got in the way of my piggy frenzi! OINK OINK!" She snorts and I began to laugh and hold my stomach and I laughed onto Blake's shoulder.
I saw Hiccup glance over at us and give me a smile, and I just immediately looked away, mad. I was ready to leave Fury Diner and go back home to think of what I just witnessed here today.
"Ok babe, I'm ready to go when you are." I tell Blake and he nods in agreement. "Come on Freya." He exclaims and she jumps out of her seat. She grabs Blake's hand and we all began to walk towards the exit.
I passed the gang and they all looked at me. "Have a nice night." I growl and walk out the door. I ran to my car, and popped the door opened.
"Astrid!" I hear behind me and I rolled my eyes. "Blake can you get her in?" I offer and he smiles that beautiful smile.
"Thanks babe," I say and turn around. It was Hiccup.
"What do you want?" I bark. "I want you to give me a chance! Look I know your happily married and have a daughter with this great guy. But all I want is for you to not hate me and we can hopefully be friends again. That's it! Nothing more, I just couldn't live with myself knowing that one of my best friends hates me." Hiccup sighed, and I was actually surprised. "Hiccup, leave me alone." I growl and walk back to my car. His face lit up. He ran to my car and I rolled down the window as Blake got in
"Hey Hiccup!" He waves to me and I wave to him. I could see Astrid holding back a smile. "Astrid please." Hiccup says and I roll my eyes.
"Becoming my friend again won't happen so easy Haddock." I snarl and drive away, leaving Hiccup clueless at the street.