Why?

Chapter 40: Why?
October 25
*At the house*
Astrid POV:
"Blake Jonas Henry is that you?!" I exclaim, astonished and a wide grin spread on my face. "Well it's great to see ya!" "Omg! I can't believe it!" "How's it going!" "What are you doing here?" "I missed you!" We both began saying as we jumped up and down in excitement. Brandon has been one of my lifetime best friends, which is how I fell in love with Blake, his younger brother by a year.
We took each other's hands as we enveloped one another in a hug, not squishing my son enough though. We broke apart and Brandon looked at my son. "Now who's this little man?" He asks me, and I heard footsteps coming from behind me, and I hurled around. It was Freya, in comfy pajamas.
"Uncle Brandon!" She exclaims and dashed her little legs across the living room into Brandon's arms, as he crouched down to her height. He fell over, and held Freyas waist.
"Hey! What's up T-Rex? Grrrr!" He mocked growling, and Freya giggled at the name. Brandon called her T-Rex because when she was a toddler, she would run around the house growling and being a boss, so he called her T-Rex—ferocious as the king.
Freya giggled and dropped down. "Now is this your brother? Your cousin? Wait you don't have any cousins!" Brandon chuckled. "But you will soon enough," he exclaimed and looked at Astrid. "No way! You and Kel are having a baby?" I ask and he nodded. "Yep! A little girl," he says and I smiled. "That's great! I'm gonna be an aunt!" I say and hugged Brandon again.
"Now who's this lil guy? He's adorable!" Brandon says, and the door clicked. "That's my son." Hiccup says astonished, and Freya ran to Hiccup, hugging his legs.
"Who's this Astrid?" Hiccup asks, confused.
——————————————————————
*10 minutes later*
At counter, drinking tea
Astrid POV:
"Hiccup, this is Brandon, Blake's brother, and one of my lifetime besties before Heather came along," I exclaim and Hiccup and Brandon shook hands, be I could feel Hiccups tension.
"So I'm gonna let you guys catch up," Hiccup sighs and left the room. "Hiccup you don't have to-" but I stopped because he put his hands in the air and our bedroom door shut. Brandon sighed and looked at me.
"I'm sorry I'm causing him tension." Brandon explains, and fiddled with his wedding ring. "Man, it's fine. Hiccup worries a lot," I say and took a sip of my drink. I went over to the cradle to make sure my newborn was still sleeping, and he was peacefully resting with his stuffed lion.
"So what's my nephews name?" Brandon asks me, and I chuckled, then looked at him seriously. "Blake Henry Haddock," I smiled and Brandon's eyes widened at the thought of his dead brother. "He's cute," he says and I picked up my infant. I walked over as Blake moved around in my arms, I went over to Brandon and I placed him in her arms.
"You sure? Cause I'm-" "You'll be fine." I smile and Brandon held Blake as he began to settle down, cuddling in his arms. "He's so adorable." Brandon coos and looked at me. "So how's life been?" He asks me and I smiled. "Well. Pretty good actually! I'm still on Maternity Leave, but in about a month we're gonna start bottle feeding him and hire a babysitter for Blake and Freya after school. I love my life, aaaannnddd have a wedding to plan." I say longly and messed with my engagement ring. Brandon smiler at me.
"I'm happy for you A!" He exclaims and looked down at Blake. "When's the wedding?" He asks and I huffed. "It's June, June 14th at 12." I say and he smiled. "Of course I'll be there, because your my best friend, and always will be." He chuckled.
"Your one of my besties too, but I have to ask?" I question and look at him. He nods and I sipped my tea. "Why did you come to Berk City?" I ask, impatient for an answer. He sighed and walked back to Blake's cradle and layed him in it. He looked back at me and sighed.
"It's my mom Astrid. I know she's like a mom to you so I thought you should know." He says and my eyes widened. "What's wrong with Brooke?" I say concerned, and walked over to him. Brooke was Brandon and Blake's mother, and I've been with her all my life, she's like another mom to me. Blake looked at me with watered eyeS, but he wasn't crying—yet.
"She's dying Astrid. She's got Lung Cancer," he says and I put my hands over my mouth. "Your kidding right?" I ask, and he shook his head. "She's got at least 3 months left." He explains and put an arm out to me, in which I shook off. "So we just lost Blake 2 years ago, almost 3 and now I'm gonna lose Brooke? Who's a mom to me?" I sniff and began to cry. "Astrid, I'm feeling it too." He says, and I cried as he hugged me.
Hiccup POV:
"Checkmate." I wink as I played chess with my daughter. She groaned and fell on the chess table. "You are too good!" She growls and I chuckled. I stopped chuckling and when I heard cries. I slowly stood up and made a 'shh' finger to Freya and she nodded.
I opened up my bedroom door, and peeked through the small crack. Astrid was crying, and Blake's brother, Brandon, was comforting her. Something bad must have happened, and she must've known that. "Is mommy ok?" Freya whispers and peeked through my legs. "I don't know, but we're not going to bug them. Come on. Let me beat you again." I snickered and Freya put her hands on her hips.
"NEVER!"