Preparation

Chapter 54: Preparation
July 8
5 Months Pregnant
Astrid POV:
The hot July sun was radiating down through the windows as I painted the future baby Haddocks bedroom. Freya and Blake were running around the house, screaming as they played tag with one another.
I chuckled and rubbed my 5-month belly bump and Hiccup came into the room. "Hello babe! How's the color coming?" Hiccup asked as he kissed my cheek. "Hmm. Should I do baby blue or baby yellow?" I ask and he examined the colors. I put a hand on my hip and brushed my braid away from my shoulder, letting it fall down my back. I rolled up the shorts to my overalls and fixed my shirt beneath it.
"Hmm...do the yellow. It'll be good if it's a boy or a girl." Hiccup says and I slowly nodded. "Yea....yep that'll work! Wanna help?" I ask and he chuckled. He held my waist and put his chin on my neck.
"Yea. All you had to do was ask," Hiccup snickered and I elbowed him in the gut. "Oof." He let out a groan and I gave him a paintbrush. "Start painting." I exclaim and he filled the brush with baby yellow colors. He started dabbing on small circles, and spiraling on circles. I dropped my brush and examined the baby's room. I tapped my chin and Hiccup stared at me.
"Your staring." "I know." "It's creepy babe." "It's romantic!"
I rolled my eyes and walked to the middle of the room. I put a hand on my hip and walked in a circle. "Hmm...what about the crib right here in front of the window so he or she can watch the stars? Then the changing table right here to the left in the middle, then we can put his or her books right here to the right, then a White rug in the middle, and we can put all the baby frames around the room. His or her clothes can go in the clothes bins in the dresser." I squeal and Hiccup chuckled.
"You excited for the new haddock?" He asks me and I blushed. "Of course. And I can actually give an actually birth this time," I say and Hiccups face drained. "I totally forgot about that...do you want me there with you?" He asked and I rose a funny brow. "Of course hon," I chuckled and he smiled at me. He came over and combed my bangs. He pressed a soft kiss to my lips and held my cheeks.
"AHHHHH!" Someone screamed and Hiccup gasped. He ran out of the room and down the stairs, I ran to the top of the stairs, and saw Blake at the bottom rubbing his knee. Hiccup held his knee and rubbed his back.
"Look buddy! Battle Scars!" He exclaims and Blake sniffled, he's one but he's got his mother's strength. I watched Hiccup interact with our son, and how caring and protective he was of him. I gushed and knew Hiccup had it under control.
I began to finish painting, when I decided to change my bookshelves to the baby's room. I smiled at the young child books, and began to place some on the shelf, rubbing my small bump.
"Putting up books now?" Hiccup asks and I chuckled. "Yes. How's Blake? Is my baby boy ok?" I say and Hiccup nodded. "Just a busted up knee, he's got a paw patrol band-aid to make him better tho," Hiccup laughed and I smiled. "Oh I see," I say and added another book to the shelf, tracing my fingers along the rim.
"Did you know I used to love to read?" I ask Hiccup as he picked up a book, nodding lots. "Yep!" He exclaims and pops the p. "I always wanted to read and write...but then my father died in the accident and I knew I needed to become a cop and save people like him. Put away bad guys," I say and Hiccup grinned.
"You've always been the strongest of them all," He says and I smiled and rubbed the book cover, placing it on the shelf. "Preparation for a new child is amazing." Hiccup says and I furrowed my brows. "How is it fun?" I ask and he shrugged his shoulders. "Because I get to be with you and by your side," Hiccup says and we moved the crib into its place.
"True." I say and I folded up the baby's blankets. Hiccup hung up the babies music player, and it also has little monkeys dangling from it. I gushed and patted the crib. "Now what?" Hiccup asks and I sighed. "Well. We let the paint dry, then we add in the frames, move the bookshelf against the wall, add the wallpaper, add in the baby clothes to the closet, well never mind we can actually do that right now," I say and Hiccup fell down into the rocking chair.
"Ugh, I'm exhausted," he chuckled and I huffed. "I've been painting our child's room since 3!" I puffed and Hiccup put up his hands. He went over to the baby's clothes and opened up some of the boxes. "These are all colors a girl or a boy can wear right?" Hiccup asks and I chuckled.
"Yea. There's only a few shirts and pants that's it," I state and Hiccup shrugged his shoulders, adding the clothes into the hangers. I then felt shallow snickers behind me and I turned around.
"Hmm..what do we have here?!" I yell and Freya and Blake giggled. I sat down, slowly, holding my belly and opened my arms for my kids. "Hello my lovelies!" I exclaim and they giggled.
They looked at my tummy and touched it. "Any kicks mommy?" Freya asks and i smiled. Hiccup joined us on the floor and felt my tummy too, and I leaned on him.
"Here and there.." I say and Hiccup kissed my temple. The kids had disgusting looks and stuck out there tongues. "Oh stop!" Hiccup rolls his eyes and I laughed. I thought of something to ask the the kids, and I smiled.
"Do you think it's a girl or a boy?" I ask and Freyas eyes widened. "A girl! I want a little sister!" She exclaims and Blake was still holding his knee. "What about you Buddy?" I ask and tickle his stomach, making my alike son laugh.
"A brover!" He says and I smiled at Hiccup. "What do you think babe?" I ask and he sighed. "I don't really know..I think it might be a boy," he said and I smirked. "It's a girl." I say and he looked at me amazed.
"And how do you know that?" He asks me and I smirked. "It's a mom thing," I say and Hiccup rolled his eyes.
"Fine! If it's a boy, I name the kid. A girl, you name the kid," He cocks sassily, and I scoffed. "Game on," I exclaim and shook hands with my husband.
We spent the rest of the evening on that floor, deciding on names and if it was a boy or a girl, my family touching my small belly. It was definitely an evening to remember.