Broken

Chapter 30: Broken
*A Few Days Later*
Astrid POV:
I was sitting on the couch, eating my lunch. I had made me and Freya some cheesy Macaroni and hotdogs. I was stuffing the yellow noodles in my mouth and watching Greys Anatomy when I heard the bathroom door open, assuming Freya was going to the bathroom. I looked over at the door, and shrugged.
Hiccup had left early this morning to talk to the hiring teachers and the principal to start thinking of ideas for the next school year, which was 2 months away. He was still beyond guilty about Freya's accident a few days ago, and has been taking it harder than Freya has. Freya has been difficult than usual, still struggling with her cast. She can hardly sleep at night from the discomfort, she has trouble dressing herself at the beginning of the day, and she only works with one hand, which frustrates her.
I heard the bathroom toilet flush, and the water running. The door opened, and a tired Freya came into view. She sighed and held her cast, not wanting to hit her arm on anything. "Hey sweet pea," I soothe, and she carefully got to the couch and sat down with me.
I rubbed her auburn strands, and brushed away her bangs. I kissed her forehead and set my plate aside, then pushed the pause button my remote. "You want to eat? You need to sweet pea." I say and she shrugged. "Is that a yes? Huh?" I chuckle and tickled her tummy, but she only grinned a bit—not my normal Freya.
"Ok well I'm going to go to the bathroom, and then I'll get you a plate." I say and she nodded. "I can get myself a plate Mommy," she answers and walked to the cupboard. I gave my daughter a worried look as she walked to the kitchen, and then I walked into the bathroom.
I looked at myself in the mirror, examining my pregnant belly. I gushed and slightly rubbed the belly that was holding my little boy.
I suddenly heard a loud shatter and I gasped. I opened the bathroom door hard, and hurled around the corner to my living room, and Freya was on the kitchen floor, standing over a broken plate.
"I'll get the broom." She sighs and began to walk away. "Freya Rose Haddock look at me right now!" I say sternly and she slowly turned around, to look at me, her stern parent. Her eyes were now watering, and she wiped her now snotty nose. She then let out a loud cry. I ran over to my daughter, moving around the broken glass, and scooping her in my arms. She cried on my shoulder, and I rubbed her back.
"I'm sorry mommy." She cries and her breathing got harder. "Oh sweet pea, it isn't your fault you have a broken arm! It's nobody's fault that it happened." I soothe and she cried harder. "I can't do anything anymore. I'm a burden to you and daddy," She cries and that line struck my heart. I pulled her away from me and she was still crying a river.
I cupped her cheeks and tried to wipe away her falling tears. "Freya your not a burden to me or daddy! Your my precious little girl, who got hurt! And I'm going to help you, that's not a burden to me! It's my job as your mother to help you Freya." I say and she nodded.
I then wrapped my arms around my daughter, and she hugged my waist, not being able to fully hug me from my big belly. Her crying eased, and she was just now sniffling and breathing hard. "It's ok Freya. Your gonna be ok!" I exclaimed and rubbed her back. I pulled away from Freya, and looked down at my soaked shoulder.
"Hey! You got my shoulder all wet!" I say and she laughed. "Sorry!" She giggled and held her arm again. I laughed and went to grab the broom. "Now young lady! Go sit down on the couch and pick out something to watch while I get your food and clean this up." I say and she giggled. She will get better, she just needs time.