Happier

Chapter 52: Happier
Berk Physical Therapy Recover
February 2
*1pm*
Astrid POV:
Me and Hiccup got out of the car, and he rolled in his wheelchair over to me. I put a hand on his shoulder as we entered Berks Physical Therapy Center for our millionth time. We've been going to physical therapy for Hiccup since early December, and he's been making lots of progress, but hasn't been able to regain all of his walking quite yet.
"Astrid, it's been months..." Hiccup says and I sighed as he was complaining again. We entered the center and I sighed him in for his weekly appointment. I stopped pushing him and faced him. "But, you are getting closer." I say and put my hands on his legs. He sighed and nodded, out his hands on the wheels and moving his wheelchair.
I followed and the doctor nodded. She let hiccup into the room, and the therapist helped Hiccup up, which Hiccup was fine at standing, so he told the therapist he could do it. He stood up, and the therapist helped him over to the bars, at which Hiccup stood up, holding his body.
"Ok Mr. Haddock, whenever you are ready." The therapist says and Hiccup took his first step.
———————————————————————
Haddock New House
Valka POV:
"Ok kiddos! Who's ready for a day with Grandma!" I exclaim and I picked up Blake from the floor. Freya giggled and tickled her brothers feet, and he laughed.
"Me grandma!" Freya exclaims and She jumped up and down. "Ok! Go get your packed bags and a coat dear," I say and Freya ran off to her room. Blake sneezed and looked at me, with a gummy smile.
"Huh buddy?" I coo and tickle his stomach, and put him back down. He walked over to the counter and grabbed his sippy-cup. He took a sip, but threw it on the floor.
"Blake." I say sternly and he picked it up and held it. "Good boy." I say and Freya came running out from her room. She was carrying the bag that Astrid packed her and her coat. "Mommy packed my bag earlier," She giggled and put her bag down and grabbed her shoes.
I smiled at my young granddaughter, seeing her beautiful traits and wonderful qualities. She brushed away her long brown hair that she got from Blake and smiled, showing her white teeth, that exposed her light freckles and ocean eyes.
"You ready?" I ask Freya and she nodded excitedly. I picked up Blake and slipped on his coat and tennis shoes. I took both there hands and Freya opened the door. I closed Hiccups door and locked it. We got into my car and I buckled in the kids.
"Now! Where first?" I ask and Freya giggled. "Your House! Cloudjumper!" Freya said and I chuckled. "Yes dear! I'll bet he's hungry!" I chuckle and I drove my grandkids to my house, letting my son have his time with my daughter in law.
——————————————————————
Rehab Center
*1 hour later*
Astrid POV:
"Hiccup you've almost got it!" I yelled and Hiccup smiled, a real smile that I haven't seen I a long time. The therapist smiled and held Hiccups waist so he could start again.
"Ok Mr. Haddock! Just a few more times and then you get to go home!" He says and Hiccup sighed. He gripped the bars and a wave of adrenaline hit him—belief. He let go of the bars and took a step. It was a little bit lingered, but he kept going. It was more like a limp.
"Yes Hiccup! Go! Go!" I squealed and jumped as Hiccup walked down the walk path of bars by himself. Hiccup smiled and he kept walking and walking. He was laughing and chuckling and smiling. The therapist was clapping and cheering him on. Hiccup reached the end.
"YES! OMG! BABE!" I screamed and I ran over to him. I wrapped my arms around my Hiccup and he hugged me tight. "Oh it feels so good to do this again." He said and I began to cry. "I'm so proud of you." I sobbed and cupped his cheeks. "Mr. haddock. Now, congrats!" The therapist says and they shook hands.
"But Mrs. Haddock, now I want you to go to the end of the room." The therapist explains and I wiped my cheeks and did as he as I was told. I went over to the end of the room, and stood there.
"Now, Mr. Haddock, run to your wife." He says and Hiccup smiled at me. He took a few faster steps, and it was like a linked run. He ran to me and dashed into my arms. The therapists jaw was dropped and he was amazed. "Most people don't get it on their first try! Mr. Haddock, I don't see a reason for you to use that wheelchair anymore! Your good! But come back every week for the next month for checkups!" The therapist says and Hiccup cupped my cheeks and kissed me.
"Thank you so much doc." I say and gave the man a hug. He shook hands with Hiccup and left. "Most importantly you." Hiccup says and held my waist. "You were my light through the darkness during this time babe. You were so amazing and supportive. I couldn't have done it without you." Hiccup says and I blushed. "Love you." I say and he kissed me passionately. "Love you too." He says and pulled apart from him.
"Now! Let's walk to the car, and then home to ourselves." I winked and he smirked at me. We held hands as he limped, but walked with me to the office.
"See you next week Haddock!" The lady said and I waved her goodbye. The push doors opened and we walked out of the center.
"Best day ever." Hiccup winked at me and put his arm around my shoulders. We got to the car and I unlocked the doors as I went over to the drivers seat. "This is a moment to last forever." I say and hopped in my car. I turned on the ignition and Hiccup smirked at me.
"It's about to get better once we're home, alone." He winked and I rolled my eyes. "Corny."
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*30 mins later*
We arrived at the house and I was all smiles as I walked up the stairs to unlock the door. Hiccup wrapped his arms around my waist and began kissing my neck. I smiled and spun around, connecting my lips with his as I searched for the door handle, pushing the door open. Hiccup didn't seize our kisses as we slipped off our shoes and coats.
He pulled away and smirked at me. "Let's see how good my leg does." He chuckled and hulled me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Still good." I smirked as he took me too our bedroom.