Oh Baby, Baby

Chapter 35: Oh Baby, Baby
*6:00 pm*
Hiccup POV:
"About Astrid and the baby? Is my son ok?!" I shriek, worried for my girlfriend and my sons sake. "Sir! I need you to calm down, please. It will make it so much easier on me," Doctor Mala says and puts her hand on my shoulder, and sits down across from me.
"Your girlfriends surgery went very well. We removed the blood in her abdomen, and fixed her collapsed lung that she had. She has multiple cuts and bruises, and even a broken leg," Doctor Mala explains, showing me Astrid's scans on her tablet. "So Astrid is ok?" I ask, and she nodded. I slapped my hands over my face, tears forming. Doctor Mala puts a hand on my shoulder again, and I looked back up her.
"What about the baby?" I ask and she sighed. "During Astrids surgery, the baby was in distress due to her state of condition," Doctor Mala says and my face went pale. "No...." I begin and I was about to flip out but she caught me off. "We had no choice but to do an emergency C-section on your wife, and remove your baby boy from the womb. He's in the nicu right now." Doctor Mala explains, and I widened my eyes at her. "Your saying, my son is alive? And he's upstairs? Right now?" I exclaim and she nodded at me. I wrapped my arms around the woman, and she wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you." I say and she pulled away from me.
"Now do you want to see your wife or son first?" She asks and I smiled. "My girlfriend." I correct her and she blushed. "Sorry!" I chuckled and turned to Freya. She was sleeping and I picked her up and she rested her head on my shoulder. "My girlfriend, and then my son. Perhaps you could bring him into her room?" I ask and Doctor Mala sighed. "He needs doctor watch for 48 hours before I can move him into Astrid's room. He was born 3 weeks early, so he's not at any sort of serious risk, and he is almost fully developed, but we need to keep pumping his nutrients for now," she explains and I nodded.
——————————————————————
Hiccup POV:
The Next Day
*5am*
I was holding Addis's hand by her bedside, as she was sleeping. I hadn't slept or ate or even moved since Doctor Mala brought me to her side. Freya has been sleeping since, and drooling on the couch.
Astrid was in bad shape. Her leg hung in the air, held by a rope thingy to help it heal. She was covered in small cuts and bruises, and she had an oxygen tube to help her breath from her lung collapse. She was very pale, and some of bones showed from her weakness.
I kissed her hand and wiped away her ratted, naughty hair. I then saw her eyes twitch, and my head lifted. "Astrid?" I say and push back my chair, standing on my feet. She groaned, and moved her head towards me. "Astrid!" I shriek and cupped her cheeks. She slowly blinked open her stunning ocean blue eyes, and smiled a very small smile at me. "Hey baby," I say, and wiped the tears that were sliding down my cheeks.
"Hey," She croaked, and moved her arm to her throught. "What happened?" She speaks, and held her neck. I sighed and sat on the edge of her bed. "You were in a car accident," I say and slid my finger up and down her cheek. She nuzzled into my finger, and looked at me. "How bad?" She croaked, and coughed. I grabbed the water that was sitting on the end table, and gave her the cup with the straw. She took a sip and I looked over at the sleeping Freya.
"It was bad," I say and take her hands, and she suddenly dropped her cup of water. I rushed to the cup and threw it back on the end table, and Astrid began to cry. "Hey? What's wrong? It's just water." I say and grabbed her another blanket, and removing her old wet one. "I'm weak," she says. I frowned and cupped her cheeks. "Hey! You are not weak! You are the strongest woman I know, and you survived a terrible crash, and your still here. I love you Astrid. So much!" I explain and sniffled. I layed beside her on the edge of the bed, and she tried to cuddle her best with me without moving.
"Wait." She begins and sits up the smallest bit. "What?" I asked concerned, and she looked at her tummy. "Where's the baby? What happened to our son!" She worried and tears streamed down her face. "Hey! It's ok Astrid! When you went up to surgery yesterday night, the baby got in distress from your condition. The doctors did an emergency C-section, and had him taken out from the womb. He's in the nicu right now, getting all the nutrients and care he needs," I say and she wailed.
"He's ok?" She says and I smiled. "He's fine, and he's at no risk of dying, he's only 3 weeks early, there just making sure he's getting everything he needs. The doctors said he will be off the ventilator tomorrow and he can come up here," I say and she smiled. "We have a son? Our baby's here!" She exclaims and I nodded. "Yes he is." I say.
We then heard a knock at the door, and it was Doctor Mala, holding a bundle. "Would you like to meet your son?" She says and Astrid began to cry, nodding hysterically. "I thought you said he wouldn't come off the vent until tomorrow?" I ask, as she placed my son in Astrid's arms. "Oh well, he ate so much, and after he began breathing on his own. He's a perfectly healthy little boy," Doctor Mala says. "And he has a perfectly healthy mother, who I will be checking on in 10 minutes," Doctor Mala says sternly and walked out of our room.
We looked at our son, who had Astrid's blonde hair, and we couldn't see his eyes yet, because they were closed.
"He needs a name," Astrid says, looks at me. "I was thinking Stoick? After your dad," Astrid smiles and I smiled back at her. "That's really sweet babe, but I have a better name," I say and she was taken aback. "What could that be?" She says and looked back down at our son. "Blake. Blake Henry Haddock," I say and she widened her eyes. She looked at me, tears falling. "What? Blake?" She questions and I nodded at my son and at my girlfriend. "His name is Blake Henry Haddock," I say and Astrid began to cry. She kissed me and I held her cheek, kissing her back. "Blake is perfect,"