All of Me

Chapter 25: All of Me
February 9th
5:00am
Astrid POV:
I lay in my bed, wide awake, tears streaming down my face. I Hold onto Blake's ring that Hiccup got me for Christmas. I intertwined it with my fingers and cupped my mouth with my hands. 2 years. 2 years since my husband died. 2 years since he made me a widow.
I turned over and saw my boyfriend peacefully sleeping, not knowing that I've been up all night. This time of Year is extremely hard for me, and Hiccup dealt with it last year, but as my friend not boyfriend.
I began to think of the best flashback, when Freya was born.
FLASHBACK:
"Come on babe you've got this!" Blake encouraged as he leaned me forwards, and then we suddenly heard an ear piercing cry. My daughter was placed on my chest and Blake was crying with me. He rubbed my cheek and kissed my head. "She's so beautiful!" I cry and touched my baby's girl face. "Just like her mother." Blake smiled, and touched his young girl.
FLASHBACK ENDS:
I then began to wail, and Hiccup sprain awake. He looked at the time and saw that it was 5:10, and then he saw me, my hands wrapping into my knees. He gave me a sad look, and he sat up. He parted my arms and pulled me into his chest. He rubbed my back and touched the back of my head. He was saying "shh, it's ok babe, I'm here, your gonna be fine, you'll get through this, I love you." Was what he way saying.
I just dug my head further into his neck and placed my other hand on his chest. He wrapped onto me tighter as the thoughts of my once beloved filled my heart, with grief. I could hardly lay on Hiccup because of my small belly bump that appeared, but I could snuggle into his chest.
My crying began to seize a little, but tears still fell from my face. Hiccup then pulled away and draped his arm around me, hurdling me closer. I put my head in the crook of his shoudler, and sniffled. My small silent tears dampened his shoulder part of his shirt, as I cried. "Your gonna be ok babe, I'm here. Blake lobed you so much astrid and he always will. I'll bet he's watching over you right now and seeing how amazing you've become and how your going to be an excellent mom again to our newborn. He's so proud of you, I can see it so clearly." Hiccup rubs my back and kisses my head. My breathing began to go fast, as my body bounced from how hard I was breathing. "Babe, you need to breathe." Hiccup comforted and I took some deep breaths.
"I'm so sorry baby." Hiccup says and rubbed my back up and down. He played with my hair, and I began to drool a bit. I eventually calmed down a bit, and fell asleep in Hiccups arms.
——————————————————————
I walked into my husbands cemetery, and walked down a pathway. I had taken Freya with me, and Hiccup said he would stay behind to give us some space. I walked over to the "Henry" tomb of fallen soldiers, and slowly laid down my flowers. Freya wiped her tears and laid down her rose as well.
"You want to talk to him Freya?" I ask and she looked up at me, eyes watered. "Can he even hear me?" She asks and a tear slid down my cheek. "Yes baby, he can hear you." I say and she put her hand on her fathers last name.
"Hello Daddy, it's Freya. I turned 5 now, and I'm a big girl now. I've started Kindergarten and I really like it, and I have lots of friends. Uncle Hiccup is now mommy's boyfriend and I love him almost as much as you. I really miss you daddy and I wish I could hug you again and watch Barbie with you and play with my dollhouse. I hope Mr.Rabbit is occupying you, because if not I'll throw him for you. I'm sorry we did not get to complete my treehouse either." Freya wails and hugged my legs.
"I know sweet pea. I know." I say and crouch down towards my daughter, who looking at her made it worse because she looked so much like him. "He's very proud of you sweet pea, and he loved you so very much!" I sniff and hugged my little girl. "I just miss him mommy," She says and I rubbed her back. "Me too." I state and pull away from her. I went into my purse and grabbed a piece of paper I made this morning, and I unraveled it. I opened it and Freya peered at it.
"Dear my beloved Blake,
From the first day that I met you at that stupid party, I never thought someone godly and amazing as you would fall for a girl like me, who only cared about school at the time, and began to think love was never possible. You then taught me that it was possible, because that meant I got to fall in love with you. You gave me hope, and something to live for. You then gave me a beautiful child that I praise for every single day of my life, and be there for. You've granted me my dreams, and helped them come true, and if only you were here to help Freya achieve hers as well. I love you so much, your Dear Astrid." I whimper, and raveled the paper back up.
I put my hand on his grave, and stood back up. "All of me loves all of you." I say and let my hand slide off the grave. "Let's go sweetie." I tell Freya, and we lonesomely, walked back to my car.