Can't Fight This Feeling

Chapter 21: Can't Fight this Feeling
Astrid POV:
"But mommy why do I have to go to Auntie Heathers house?" Freya asked as I walked over to her closet to pull out a bag. "Because sweet pea, me and Hiccup have a date tonight, to celebrate his new position as a teacher." I say as I opened her clothing drawers. She sighed and propped herself onto her bed.
"Why can't I go with you? Like a family dinner?" Freya complains and I sighed. "Its a fancy dinner Freya, and besides, Heather has some fun things planned with you," I say and she grinned. "What kind of fun things?" She asks, clearly interested, as she comes over to me. I grabbed her a pair of underwear and shoved it in her bag. "Hmm...well, it's now November, so what could you do?" I ask.
Freya shrugs her shoulders and rubbed her arms. "Hmm? Watch Barbie all day? Eat candy? Or drink hot chocolate? Or go bowling?" Freya shrieks and I laughed as I threw in a cute shirt and some jeans with socks into Freyas bag. "Something like that, it's going to be great tonight." I smile and take my daughters hands. She was wearing a peach shirt with light jeans, with her hair in a cute little side braid.
"Your going to have so much fun! I love you!" I say, as Heather came up to the door. Freya hugged me as she was wearing her pink coat and bag. "Love you mommy," she says and walked over to my boyfriend. Hiccup lifted her up and she giggled. "Love you Hiccy!" She exclaims and she kissed him. "Love you pumpkin." He says and put her down.
Heather cans through the door and hugged me. "Ready girly?" She says and Freya giggled. "Yes Auntie Heather!" Freya laughed and Heather hugged me. "Love you guys! She'll be home with me! And congrats on the new job Hiccup!" Heather smiled and Freya took her hand. "Thanks H!" Hiccup says and they left the house.
"Ready for the dinner?" I exclaim to Hiccup. "Thrilled!" He exclaims and I laughed.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*At the dinner*
6:00 pm
Me and Hiccup lifted our glasses and clashed them together. "To you, on your new job offer! I'm so proud of you." I say and he smiled at me. "Thanks babe." He says and we each took a sip of our champagne.
I wiped my hands on my red dress with my black heels. Hiccup was wearing a suit and tie, since it was such a nice restaurant. It was glistening with crystals and special windows.
"So are you ready to be Berk Elementary Schools Vice Principal?" I say and Hiccup chuckled. "Beyond excited! And just next year she will be in my school, I will be her vice principal!" Hiccup exclaims and I sighed.
"Don't remind me!" I glare and he snickered. "I'll be roaming the halls and she's gonna run up to me like daddy!" Hiccup laughs and I smiled. "Well you guys have quite the bond. Just like her and Blake." I say and Hiccups smile faded. I realized what I said and cleared my throat with my hand.
"Anyway, you won't have as much time with me and Freya, but if you love the job, then I'm happy for you." I say and take a long sip of my drink. "Thanks babe, and once you reach to your full detectives postion, I'll be your support as well, just like now." Hiccup says and I smiled.
Hiccup was so cute, especially in that suit he was wearing. He was looking dashing, his auburn hair, messy as always and his very complex jawline. I was practically drooling.
"Thanks babe." I say and snap out of my daze for my boyfriend. "So What happened to the old Principal?" I ask and he sighed. "He was diagnosed with cancer so he left. Now it's Principal Grimborn and now Vice Principal Haddock." Hiccup squeals and I gushed.
"I'm so proud of you!" I giggled and he grabbed my hand. "I couldn't have done it without my Astrid." He says and I blushed instantly. "My" Astrid is what he said, and that melted my heart.
"My Hiccup!" I repeat and then our waiter came and we removed our hands. "Shall that be it for you two? Or would you like refills on your champagne?" The waiter asked and I smirked at Hiccup, as he did the same.
"We will take our bill." Hiccup smirks as we waited for our bill.
——————————————————————
*At House*
I opened the door as Hiccup kissed me. He wrapped his hands around my waist as I did with my hands around his neck.
We walked to our bedroom and slammed the door shut.
"Principal Haddock! I can see it so clearly!" I say and he laughed. "Shut up!" He laughed and we both fell onto my bed. We continued to kiss, and let's just say it went a lot further that wonderful night.