Late Nights

Chapter 55: Late Nights
July 21
8:30pm
Haddock House
Hiccup POV:
"Ok guys! It's time to get things ready!" I exclaim, and the kids jumped up and down. We were doing a bomb fire tonight, and we were so excited. The weather was nice on this late July evening, and we haven't had one this summer.
I chuckled and walked over to the cupboards and got the marshmallows, Hershey's, and graham crackers for s'mores. I turned to Freya who smiled at me. She was wearing her sweatpants and sweatshirt, with her hair in a messy bun. "Wanna get the hotdogs?" I ask her and she nodded, making her messy bun roll. She ran over to the fridge, and my 7 year old grabbed the hot dogs.
"Where is mommy?" She asks and I holler her up on my side. "She's getting the storks from the garage," I say and Freya kissed my cheek. I opened up the screen door to our backyard, and Blake was playing on the trampoline, well Astrid put him their.
"Blakey Wait for me!" Freya giggled and crawled down my body and got on the trampoline with Blake. Astrid was already in her lawn chair by the bombfire, waiting for me to start it. I kissed her head as I grabbed the wood. "Did you get them?" I ask and she looked over at the storks. "Okay," I exclaim and throw more wills into the bowl. Freya and Blake were slowly bouncing on the trampoline, with a net of course. Astrid smiled and continued to rub her tummy. She still looked beautiful in a messy bun and sweats.
"How's my child doing?" I ask and Astrid chuckled. "Kickin." She exclaimed and I grinned. I added in some newspaper to the wood, and grabbed the gasoline.
"Get back," I order my wife and she took the chairs and stood back. The kids now looked at me as I poured on the gasoline. I grabbed my lighter out of my Kaki shorts, and lit the flame. I lit the end of the newspaper and stepped back as the fire emerged, huge flames burning.
"Yep, I don't like fires," I exclaim and Astrid sighed. Freya looked down and Blake grabbed her hair. "Ouch! Blake!" Freya growled, holding her hair. "Blake! That's a no no," Astrid said sternly and Blake huffed. He shrugged it off and began to jump more. I shook my head violently and sat down in my chair next to my wife.
"Ouch." She hissed and held her belly. I winced and looked at Astrid. "You ok?!" I shrieked and felt her tummy. "It's kicking!" She snarled and I held my hand against hers. "Hey you in their! We're trying to have a family bombfire but we can't if you keep hurting mommy! Cut it out," I tell the baby and Astrid chuckled. I smiled and felt someone poking my shoulder. I spiraled around and saw Blake and Freya.
"What now children of the corn?" I ask and Freya grunted. "Hey!" I laughed and grabbed Blake. "What do you want?!" I exclaim and tickled my son as he giggled and laughed. "No stop dadda!" He said and I dropped him on the ground next to me, but where he couldn't get hurt my the fire of course.
"We want s'mores now," Freya huffs, "I'm really hungry." I rolled my eyes and stood up, pulling up my pants. "Your always hungry," I laughed and Freya glared at me. I grabbed the storks and plucked on a marshmallow.
"I don't know Hiccup...I think they need to eat a hotdog first," Astrid said and my eyes widened. "Babe! That's a phenomenal suggestion! Let's do it! Hotdogs first," I say and the kids crossed their arms, coming them. I bursted out laughing with Astrid as our kids rolled their eyes and glared at us.
"It's fine," I declare and Freya smiled, hopping in my seat. I straightened my face and looked at her. "But I never said you could steal my seat," I say sternly and she shrugged her shoulders, and cuddled into the chair.
"Thanks for the seat daddy! It's super comfy," she says, as the skies began to darken. "Don't worry, I'll get your chair out here in a bit and then I'll have my seat back," I explained and put the s'mores into the fire.
"No got won't," Freya said as Blake crawled into Astrid's lap. "Come here buddy," she said and he laid on Astrid's chest. He was such a mommy's boy. "I will, I always do. You want your s'more burnt or steamed?" I ask and all the girls replied.
"Burnt." I chuckled and murmured to myself. "That's my girls,"
———————————————————————
Haddock House
11:00pm
Astrid POV:
Blake fell asleep on me after he ate his s'more. Freya was just sitting with Hiccup, keeping herself warm. Hiccup glanced at me and smiled at our sleeping son, who's Batman action figure was slipping out of his hand. I chuckled and snuck the toy out of his hand and into my cup holder.
"What a beautiful night," I exclaim and Hiccup nodded. "Indeed," he said and stretched out his legs, and rubbed his prosthetic. He sighed and kissed Freyas head, brushing away her bangs. She yawned and covered her mouth.
"Sleepy babe?" Hiccup asks her and she nodded, curling onto his shoulder. He chuckled his phone, as the glisten affected his eyes, making them bleary. "It's 11:04," Hiccup said and looked at me. I nodded and he picked up Freya. "Lets get you to sleep. You can shower in the morning." I say and Freya slowly nodded, drooling. I followed my husband until we went into separate rooms to put our children to sleep.
I layed Blake into his bed and covered him up. "Night buddy, sweet dreams. Love you," I say and rubbed his forehead with my hand. I kissed his head and smiled at my little boy. Gods he was getting so big.
I walked out of the room and closed the door, meeting back with Hiccup. "We should have bombfires more often. The kids can play on the trampoline, play fag and hide and go seek. It's nice," I say and Hiccup hugged me. "We definitely will. I'm tired, so I'm gonna go outside and pack things up. You go to bed," he said and I slowly nodded.
"You sure you don't want help?" I exclaim and he walked away. "It's all good babe," he said and I walked into my room.
——————————————————————
The next morning.
Hiccup POV:
Freya came out from her room, itching her arms frantically. "Daddy! The bombfire made my arms so itchy!" She complained and showed me her right arm. I giggled and she frowned. "Honey those are mosquito bites, they are insects that suck your blood and leave a nice bump, that itches badly," I say and her face drained.
"Wait like a vampire?"
"Just like a vampire,"