Adieu, Blake

Chapter 11: Adieu, Blake
Astrid POV:
I wore black. It's a very sad and depressing color. Today should be remembered as a dark and black day. My husbands marine funeral. I looked at my depressing self in the mirror, but quickly looked away, because in the corner was a taped picture of me and Blake. I immediately ripped it off the mirror, and tears steamed down my face.
I was wearing a black dress, black heels, a black hat with a feather, my hair was curled, and my makeup was done nicely.
"No! Save tears for later!" I tell myself, and they slowly went down. I walked out of the bathroom, and grabbed my purse. "Freya sweetie," I say and she grabbed her black flats and slipped them on. She sighed and grabbed Mr. Rabbit.
My daughter looked cuter than ever. She had on a little black dress, and her tiny flats. I gave her a pearled necklace, and I curled her hair-with no music, and even gave her a little touch up.
Time for a family funeral.
——————————————————————
*AT THE FUNERAL BURY*
"Blake James Henry. A soldier, and a man of trust and kindness. He was an amazing guy with an amazing wife and daughter. He deserved the world, and he was taken from us to early. We shall always treasure this man as saving the life of an 8- year old boy 2 weeks ago in Iraq. Here now lies a friend, a father, a hero, a soldier, a husband." Blake's Commander shouts, and all the soldiers that Blake worked with, held up a salute.
They drifted apart, into 2 lines, with an aisle for people to walk down. Blake's parents came down the aisle first, and layed down a flag on his tomb. Then his brother, Brandon, and he quickly wiped away his tears. "Goodbye lil bro. I love you man." He says and walked over to Blake's parents. Me and Freyas turn.
I grabbed Freyas hand, and we cried as we past in between the soldiers. I layed my wedding ring on my husbands tomb, and I slapped my hand over my mouth. Heather came behind me and rubbed my back, and then the saddest thing happened.
Freya walked up to her fathers tomb, and layed her bunny on the tomb. Blake's parents screamed of sadness, because seeing a child her age do this is heartbreaking.
"Please don't forget me daddy." She sniffs, and she hugged her fathers tomb. "You need Mr. Rabbit daddy, he will protect you." She cries, and messed with her little hands. I cried even harder, and the people who came all cried in that magic moment. "Freya sweetie come here." I wave and she raced back over to me and enveloped me into the biggest hug she ever gave. I squeezed my baby girl tighter, like I was losing her too.
I carried her over to Blake's parents, and his mother took my hand. "Goodbye fellow soldier, Blake Henry." The pastor said and his tomb lowered into the ground.
I glanced back up with my face tightening, and squinted eyes, and then I saw a familiar auburn haired boy watching the funeral from his car. He sat up against it, with his arms crossed. My voice cracked as I let go of Freyas hand and realized how mean I was to Hiccup.
"Excuse me." I cry and cover my mouth. I rush over to Hiccup and he glanced at me. He quickly scurried back into his car, but I knocked on his window.
"Get our of the car hiccup!" I exclaim. I saw him rub his hair and he opened the door.
"I didn't think you'd want me here, so I just stayed back here so you didn't have to see me." He says, and all I could do was squeeze my lips together, and try not to cry.
"You really still care about me?" I ask, and he sighs. "Astrid I'm always going to care about you. You were my first love, and always will be an epic. Your forever my friend even if you hate me." Hiccup says and unfolds his hands from his pockets.
I just nodded and covered my mouth, and my tears fell. He just opened his arms, and to my surprise, I walked right into them. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and I could feel him tighten, in confusion.
But he quickly squeezed my body back and held me like no one was watching. I just held onto his arm and cried into his chest.
"He's gone." I sniffed and he shushed me. I just sobbed into his chest and began to breath harder and harder.
"Astrid breathe..." Hiccups begins and rubs my back. "I've got you, your ok." He says, and people began to walk past us to go the after dinner. I saw Freya being carried by Blake's mom, and she took Freya with her, and I just sobbed all of my wasted emotions onto hiccup.
Loud sobs escaped my mouth, and I covered my mouth with my other hand, and I didn't help.
"Shhh....it's ok." Hiccup soothes and kissed my head. He rubbed my back and hugged me tighter. I just bawled even louder, and it got hard for me to breathe. Then my crying began to be like I was getting the hiccups, my chest kept pounding and pounding and my throat echoed. "Astrid you need to breathe." Hiccup tried to calm me and I buried my face into his neck.
I don't know why, but for some reason in that moment, it felt right. I didn't want Heather or the gang, I wanted Hiccup. He was my best friend before he left, and I now learned that being mad at him only made me worse and not better. That he would tell me why he left when he was ready. I guessed i missed him so much, in this moment I wanted my bestie back, not my boyfriend.