Hello, it's me

Chapter 39: Hello, it's me
*3:00pm*
Astrid POV:
"So are you going to grab Freya? Or do you have another meeting and can't get her?" I growl at Hiccup through the phone, as he sighed. I clenched my fists tighter onto the phone and growled. I pulled it away from my ear and hung up the phone, slamming it onto the table, alarming my baby son and making him wail loudly. I sighed. I rubbed my hands through my messy hair, and took some deep breaths. 'You'll be fine Astrid! Soon you will have your job back from maternity leave and you will be fine' I tell myself and faked a smile, turning to my son.
"I'm sorry buddy. Daddy drives me insane!" I snarl and pick up my son from his cradle. I began to rock him and I grabbed my keys off the table, and I unlocked my black car from the window.
Blake began to settle down, and he began to cough. "Ok Blake! Want to go get sissy?" I ask and he just blankly looked at me, with drool coming out of his mouth. I made a weird face.
"I'll take that as a yes!" I chuckled and held my son on my hip. I grabbed my jacket, and Blake's coat. I closed my house door and locked it with my keys. I held my son and slipped on his knitted hat that Hiccups mother, Valka had made him a few months ago. I opened my car door and put my newborn into his car seat, where he Surprisingly, began to fall asleep and not cry. I smiled, and strapped him in.
I hopped in the seat and turned the ignition and pulled out of my driveway. I turned down the street and cranked up the music in my car, but not loud enough to make Blake cry. I stopped at the red light and looked in the mirror, checking on my infant. He was peacefully asleep, with his chubby cheeks popping out. I melted into the sight, and the cars in front of me began to move. I turned down the street to where Freyas school was, and pulled into the long line of cars that was picking up there kids.
Freya saw me, and smiled. She waved her hands frantically and hugged a boy goodbye?! She waved bye to some of her friends and ran to my car. She tried her best to open the door, and I had to crawl back and pop it open. She climbed in and slammed it shut.
"SHH! You have a brother who is sleeping!" I say sternly, and she looked down. "Sorry Blake!" She whispers and he nuzzled into his car seat. "Who's that boy young lady?" I ask as I pull out of the school, and Freya blushed. "He's one of my closest friends at school! His name is Evan." She exclaims and out her bookbag on the floor, strapping in her seatbelt.
"Well well we'll, Freyas got a boyfriend!!!" I squealed and sang it over and over. She covered her face and blushed. "NO NO NO! NOT EVER!" She yells and Blake began to cry. "Oops!"
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*5pm*
After Dinner
"Hiccup? Seriously call me back!" I screamed into the phone and looked at Freya who's eyes were widened. "Eat your peas," I say and tossed my phone on the table, and she twirled her fork on her plate.
"I'm full." She whined and layed her head on the table. "Peas are your favorite! You always finish your peas." I say and she sighed. "Eh," She remarks and my eyes widened. "Are you feeling ok sweet pea?" I ask, planting my hands on her shoulders. She sighed, and closed her eyes. "My tummy hurts and I'm cold," She exclaims and I lifted her up. I placed her on the table, sitting towards me. She looked pale, and not herself. I felt her forehead, and it was burning hot.
"Yep! You've got a fever!" I sigh and go to the cupboards. I grab some liquid ibuprofen, and pour some in a cup. I hand it to Freya and she hardly could swallow it down. She makes a nasty face and gulps down the liquid. She sets the cup down. "Ewww!" She shrieks.
"Now, go to your room and get on some comfy clothes!!! You can watch some Barbie and relax. Stay away from Blake so be doesn't get sick either." I say and she slowly nodded. She walked to her room, and Blake began to whimper in his play-pen.
"Aww? What's wrong buddy?" I coo and walked over to him. He was throwing his hands in the air, searching for me. I lifted up my son and held him against my chest. He held his hands against my bare chest and cuddled my head in my shoulder. "You just need mommy loving dont you?" I say and Blake began to sleep in my arms.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang. My eyebrows furrowed. 'Hiccup' I growled. "Hiccup Haddock! You are really late so you better have a reasonable explanation!" I continue to say as I opened the door, and gasped.
"Hello Astrid." "Brandon?!"