Spring Break

Chapter 43: Spring Break
3:00pm
Berk Elementary School
April 19
Astrid POV:
I saw Freya exit the school doors, searching frantically for my car. I waved my hands through the mirror and she saw me. It looked like a wave of relief had hit her, as she was happy. She suddenly got bumped into as she was running this way. 2 older kids shrugged off as I saw my daughter scurrying on the ground to grab her bookbag and the few papers she was holding.
I sighed and she looked down. She walked over to my car, a small limp on her right leg. She opened the door to my car, and she was crying. She threw her bookbag on the ground and sat in her seat. "Freya, sweet pea. Are you alright?!" I ask, and she just looked out the window. "I just wanna go home." She says and sniffles. I unbuckled my seat belt and turned around.
"Freya Rose Henry-Haddock look at me." I say sternly and she turned towards me. "Are you Alright?" I ask and she looked down. "No." She says and I was shocked. "Tell me what's wrong then." I say and held her legs. "Older kids are so mean." She wails and held onto my shoulders. I hugged my daughter as rubbed her head.
"Hey but on the bright side, it's spring break! So you get the whole week off." I say and she nodded through her cries. "Hey." I say and pulled her away from me. "Kids are gonna be mean. You'll have the good ones and the mean ones. Evan is a nice boy." I say and she nodded. "And my other friends. But we get picked on sometimes." She says and I let her buckle herself back into her seat.
"Next time punch them in the face. And if it's a boy, kick him in the place where he sun doesn't shine!" I growled, clicked on my seatbelt, and my daughters eyes widened.
——————————————————————
6pm
Astrid POV:
"All right kiddos! What are we watching?" Hiccup asks, and flops down on the couch beside me. I was letting Blake lay on the floor with a blanket and some toys. He was getting close to crawling. "A superhero movie! Wooooooo!" Freya giggled and began to pretend like she was flying.
"What superhero movie," Hiccup asks, "There are millions!" Freya tapped her chin and smirked at Hiccup. "IM BATMAN!" She says and deepens her voice. She puts her hands on her hips and looked at Hiccup. "IM BATMAN!" She says and Hiccup straightens his face. "NO YOUR NOT! I AM!" He deepened his voice as well and cocked his face, sassily.
"PROVE IT!" Freya exclaims and pretended like she was flying. Hiccup winked at me and looked at Freya. "TO THE BATMOBILE!" He screamed and opened the door to our house, running to the Black car in our driveway. And he hopped in his seat and pulled out a Batman mask?!
"HE IS BATMAN!" Freya screamed and ran out the doors. I looked down at my son who was sprawled across the floor and looking outside. "I know buddy. I'm confused too." I say and the most magical thing happened. Blake began to crawl to the door.
I frantically stood up, and ran over to the door. "HICCUP HADDOCK!" I screamed and he peeked his head outside from the car door. "ITS BATMAN!" He hollered and I glared at him. "BLAKES CRAWLING YOU IDIOT!" I screamed and Hiccup hurled himself out of the car with Freya on his back up to the house.
He smiled at the sight of our son crawling. "Blake! Buddy!" Hiccup cooed and sat on the floor, opening his arms for Blake to crawl into. He crawled onto Hiccup and drooled.
"Aww buddy!" He cries out and Blake put his hands on Hiccups cheeks, which were filled with slobber and drool. "Eew!" Freya shrieks and Hiccup chuckled. He put Blake back down on his blanket, in which he began to crawl again.
"Since he's crawling we need to start putting all the small things up high so he won't choke," I say and hiccup wrapped an arm around my waist and closed the door. "I know," he says and we watched Blake and Freya play. "There growing up so fast." I say and he sighed. "I know." He replied and kissed my face—well tried too. He had his Batman mask on again. I yanked it off his head and threw it on the couch.
"Hey!"
——————————————————————
*1 hour later*
Astrid POV:
"Fine! Batman it is." I groaned and put Blake in my arms. Freya and Hiccup jumped up and down because we were watching their favorite superhero movie. Blake cuddled into me as he began to drift off. "Now! Be quiet. Blake is falling asleep." I whisper and they settled on the couch. Hiccup sat next to me and Freya rests her head on Hiccups lap.
Hiccup kissed me and Freyas heads, and then leaned his head onto mine as the movie started.
"My dads Batman...." Freya whispered.