Push It Real Good

Chapter 58: Push it real good
November 5
3am
Author POV:
The moonlight beamed down through the windows of Hiccup and Astrid Haddocks bedroom. The couple were peacefully sleeping, with arms around the woman's 9-month pregnant belly.
Her phone ringed with an Instagram notification, and read the time: 3:03am.
Astrid POV:
I awoked with a sharp pain in my pelvis, and gasped. Hiccup sprang awake as I held my big belly. "Astrid are you ok?!" He shrieked and I was about to nod when I felt a familiar liquid oozing our of me. I groaned and held my stomach.
I ripped off my sheets to reveal that my water had broke. Hiccup gasped and held my arms.
"My water broke! It's fine Hiccup! Call Heather and get her over here now!" I growled and held my stomach with my kicking baby inside. Hiccup sprang out of bed and ran down the stairs.
"Your timing is impeccable girly," I say and moaned as another sharp contraction hit me. I stood up and leaned over the bed, I then decided to try to ignore my hurting contractions and do my makeup and hair for labor.
I waddled into the bathroom and tore through the drawers, and grabbed my makeup out of the drawer. I plastered on my daily touch up, and dropped my utensils when another contraction hit me.
"Ugh!" I screamed and Hiccup came back up the stairs. "You ready?" He asks me and I slowly nodded, taking a deep breath. I picked up my makeup and threw it in our baby's diaper bag. I groaned again and wiped the sweat appealing from my forehead.
"We're having a baby!" Hiccup squealed as he threw the bags over his shoulder and helped me down the stairs. "Shut up!" I groaned and we reached the bottom of the stairs. "Heather is almost here," Hiccup said and I panted. "Ok, lets just go please," I say and bent over to ease the pain.
"Come on babe," Hiccup said and slammed the door shut.
Time to give birth to a girl.
———————————————————————
3:45am
Berk County Hospital
Astrid POV:
"Doctor! Doctor!" Hiccup yells as we came into the emergency room, and I emerged in my wet pants and shirt. The doctors opened their arms and led me into the room. They sat me up on a chair and hooked me up to many wires and the lady lifted up my shirt. She oozed on the gel and did an ultrasound.
"Honey when are you due?" The lady asks and Hiccup held my hand tighter. "November 16," I say and the lady smiled. "Well your little girl is on her way here! I'll get the doc, and she can get you all in," the nurse said and she left. The nurses rolled me into a labor and delivery room, and Hiccup followed me with our bags.
They hooked up the machines and made me comfortable. Hiccup pulled up a chair and held my hand. "You ready?" He asks me and I propped myself up more, moaning. "Ready as I'll ever be I guess," I groaned and squeezed his hand as I felt the pressure of my daughter.
The doors bursted open, and it revealed Mala. "Mala?" I say and she smiled. "Astrid! Hiccup! My best friends who I saved multiple times, and was in their wedding and about to deliver their child when ready!" Mala exclaimed and lifted up my legs into the loops.
"Yep," I said at ease as I held my tummy, and Hiccup looked at the screens with me. "Ok, your 8 inches dialated, almost there," Mala says and nodded to the nurses, who inserted medication into my IV.
"When can she push?" Hiccup asks and Mala sighed. "Prolly within the next hour to two hours," she says and walked out of the room. "Ugh," I groaned and flopped down onto the pillows as Hiccup kissed my hand.
"Time babe," he said and I nodded, as numerous more contractions hit me.
———————————————————————
*2 hours later*
Berk County Hospital
Hiccup POV:
"Aggghhhh! Are you kidding me!" Astrid screamed as she tightened her grip on my hand as our baby pulled another contraction. Even through I had a death grip on my hand, Astrid was my wife and I wasn't letting go.
She fell back on the bed, still in some pain, but the epidural was slowly easing it. "Alright Astrid, it's time," Mala said as Astrid's legs were widened.
"You ready?" I ask her as I propped her up. "More like are you ready," she groaned and her hair was all in a messy bun. She held my hand tight as the doctors prepared the room for delivery.
(I'm not gonna make an intense birth as usual)
The doctors scattered and got set up, waiting for Malas orders. Mala proceeded and smiled at me.
"Ok Astrid, you probably know the process but I'm going to tell you anyway. I'm going to say push, and count to 10, and you keep pushing. Ok?" She said and I looked at Astrid, who nodded. "Push!" Mala said and Astrid did as she was told. She grunted and held my hand tight, but she didn't scream or yell because of her epidural. She groaned and held her push for 10 seconds. "Ok." Mala said and Astrid layed back for a second, catching her breath.
"Again!" Mala ordered and Astrid pushed her gut with all her might. I even managed to peek over, and see the most miraculous thing of our daughters head come out, her body oozing out liquids.
"Head!" Mala shrieked and held my daughters head. "Oh my gods this is amazing," I say and Astrid rolled her eyes, but smiled. She gripped my hand again, and pushed on Malas command.
"Argghhh!" She moaned out, and then we heard loud cries. I saw my baby girl fist at the end of the bed, and then Mala cut her imbecile cord. She layed my naked daughter on Astrid's chest, and she cried.
"Oh my sweet girl," Astrid said and touched her head, as the bloodied and newborn wailed. I touched my daughters back, and kissed Astrid. She passionately kissed me back, and we gushed over our daughter.
"She's perfect," I say and wiped away Astrid's tears with mine. Astrid nodded to Mala, who took away our daughter and cleaned her up. "She's beautiful," Astrid cried and I held her head. "That was the most incredible thing I've ever experienced, wow," I say and wiped away my shedding tears. Astrid made a frown at my cries, but knew they were happy ones.
Mala walked over with a newborn girl wrapped in a blanket and a hat. She put the girl in my arms, and I sat down into that chair next to Astrid.
"Ok! I'm about an hour I'm gonna come back and we're gonna give her some vaccines and sign her birth certificate," Mala said and Astrid nodded. The nurses began to clean up Astrid as she gaped over at the baby girl in my arms.
"Hiccup, She has your hair," Astrid said and I smiled. "Yep. She's got my auburn locks, and we will know her eye color whenever she opens them," I say and moved the blanket out of my daughters face. She squirmed and fussed a bit as I held her close to my chest.
"Hey there baby, it's daddy,"